IMG_6159.jpg
IMG_6161.jpg
IMG_6168.jpg
IMG_6169.jpg
IMG_6174.jpg
IMG_6177.jpg
IMG_6215.jpg
IMG_6173.jpg
through the harbor. Forgot about all the nice boats. Thought I’d share a few.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
In the last picture the sail boat windward passage is incredible. I got to tour it and it is nothing short of amazing!

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
In the last picture the sail boat windward passage is incredible. I got to tour it and it is nothing short of amazing!
I could not believe the amount of nice sailboats in the harbor....and not to mention, every late afternoon there were a ton of them under sail in the harbor!

outboardrick

Reaction score
It always amazes me how that many people can have that much money!

Last edited:

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
A lot of the yacht clubs have weekly races. Wet Wednesdays etc. They give a time and a place and you show up and race.
I sailed out Newport once in a rented boat. On the way back in there was a giant schooner I had to give way to, it was under sail in the harbor. It was Spike Africa. I was pretty jazzed to see it under sail.

MCnParker

Reaction score
"Ship Faced" is a owned by one of the very wealthy off road racing families in Southern California. I cant remember who off the top of my head but an acquaintance of mine is friends with them..

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
"Ship Faced" is a owned by one of the very wealthy off road racing families in Southern California. I cant remember who off the top of my head but an acquaintance of mine is friends with them..
My cousin has a place down there and was the one who took me for a boat cruise. He did point out a compound that the Terrible Herbst own, but I can't remember which one. He also pointed out a boat owned by the Flip or Flop divorced couple. I was fascinated by the houses too:eek:

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
Those 56’ VanDutvh power yachts are amazing. I’ve seen them a few times down there. You can usually spot the Herbst house by the solid red Hallett 40 with the chrome tower on it.

BajaMike

Reaction score
My cousin has a place down there and was the one who took me for a boat cruise. He did point out a compound that the Terrible Herbst own, but I can't remember which one. He also pointed out a boat owned by the Flip or Flop divorced couple. I was fascinated by the houses too:eek:

A lot of the big boats are kept down in Ensenada or Cabo 7 months a year to avoid Orange County and California property taxes. I think Herbst was the one who had a years long battle in court saying the boat was moored in Mexico and no property taxes were do. I think he won the court battle after years of litigation.