WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

50 Years Ago Today, July 16th 1969, the Apollo 11 Mission Launched.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
At 13:32 (UTC) 06:32 (Pacific Daylight Time), Apollo 11 Launched to send Neil Armstrong, Edwin Aldrin, and Michael Collins on a journey to the moon.

Channel 4 in the UK is running a real time live stream that started this morning replaying the events and radio transmissions as they occured.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Cool pic of Neil Armstrong’s family watching the launch 50 years ago

IMG_0200.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SixD9R

Reaction score
At 13:32 (UTC) 06:32 (Pacific Daylight Time), Apollo 11 Launched to send Neil Armstrong, Edwin Aldrin, and Michael Collins on a journey to the moon.

Channel 4 in the UK is running a real time live stream that started this morning replaying the events and radio transmissions as they occured.

American greatness right there!
I heard a joke once, maybe not even a joke but it was something like “some countries are good at soccer and others have been to the moon”
Completely fucken badass that’s what landing on the moon in 1969 was.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
American greatness right there!
I heard a joke once, maybe not even a joke but it was something like “some countries are good at soccer and others have been to the moon”
Completely fucken badass that’s what landing on the moon in 1969 was.
Moon landing, first to break sound barrier, SR71's...with slide rules and brass balls!

Damn, I was really born to late!

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Watched it in real time this morning. Was pretty cool to see it synced up.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Can't remember what channel or the name of the documentary that was on recently but that fame really messed-up Neil Armstrong's life.
Looking forward to seeing the movie when it comes out next week.

MisplacedSooner

Reaction score
I have a awesome story about the day I met NASA pilot Charles “Sam” Gemar at a small airport outside of Wichita Ks called Lloyd Stearman Field.
There is a nice little restaurant at this small airfield where my pipeline flyer has his hangar and his house in the same building.
We finish lunch and are getting ready to leave and we walk outside and he introduces us to a friend of his that just landed a Stearman bi-plane and proceeds to tell us about him being a NASA pilot, shook hands and talked for maybe 15 minutes or so. He asked if I had ever ridden in a bi plane and I said no, he asked if I wanted to take a ride with him and I said no thanks, he asked me if I didn’t trust him to fly a plane, I said no, not at all but with you having been to space and back, I reckon you don’t have much to lose since you made it back. He was a cool and crazy guy. Feel honored to have met him.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Entering Lunar Orbit.

That Apollo 11 Documentary is absolutely phenomenal. The only good thing CNN has produced in the last decade. :p

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
About 1 hour away from the exact 50 year mark of the touchdown on the lunar surface