WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Midwest Post Hor Thread

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
IMG_20190720_134814.jpg

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Got some storm damage up at poptarts place today. Few limbs down. No real damage.
25868.jpeg
25878.jpeg

Powers out up there,(no running water) so we picked up Marilyn and brought her down here to the hula hut.
25905.jpeg

She approves. :D

25879.jpeg

Pic of the second round that came through. Big drop in temp and humidity. Its 72 and gorgeous now.

95 yesterday was a bit sticky.....

Headless hula

Reaction score
We'll head back up there tomorrow with a generator. Fridges and freezers will hold their temps overnight, especially since the heat went away.

Going to be a long day with the chainsaw and tractor getting all that shit cut up.

Headless hula

Reaction score
**** STORM RESPONSE UPDATE 4:17PM ****

The following is a message from Wisconsin Public Service and WE Energies;

"The storms from last night and today have caused so much damage to the WE Energies network in the Fox Valley, and across the entire Wisconsin Public Service network that customer outages could last for multiple days.

The extent of the damage has been so severe that it will require us to rebuild parts of our network. We have requested assistance from other utilities in the Midwest to help with restoration.

Our crews are working to as quickly and safely as possible to make the areas safe and to restore power. It is important that people stay at least 25 feet away from downed wires, and anything that is touching those lines."

It appears that this has the potential to be an extended power outage for our area. We at the Waupaca Sheriff's Office will continue to work diligently to keep the public safe and informed until our community is back to normal.

Again, please call 211 for any needs as far as housing, food, water, and other basic commodities, and a Reception Area is set up at the Expo Center in Waupaca located at 187 Grand Seasons Drive, Waupaca.

We appreciate everyone's patience, and are very proud of our Community, Utility Services, County Highway Department, Fire Departments, Emergency Medical Services,Law Enforcement, Emergency Management, Red Cross, United Way, and many others for coming together to restore our home to the way it was before this storm.

Remember to be safe! As power is being restored incrementally; downed power lines may be energized at any moment without notice. Please avoid areas with downed trees, as power wires may be tangled in the branches.

Thank you,

Sheriff Timothy R. Wilz

Well, this sux....

Headless hula

Reaction score
Were all good here, but keeping 4 freezers and 3 fridges cold may be a bit of a challenge...

Headless hula

Reaction score
Got rollin at 530. Poptart was already doing her morning routine. Marilyn had her cup of tea by 615, and now breakfast dishes are in the dishwasher.
I'll toss my saw and generator plus a couple cords in the truck, and we'll head up there.
20190721_053446.jpg

jb600

Highly unusual
Reaction score
It looked pretty bad over there Friday afternoon.
We went through that in July of 2016. Two storms two weeks apart , what a mess. I was out of power for four days after the second one.

Blue Oval

Reaction score

Nordie

Reaction score
I have to say the midwestern folk grind...I was there from late July to middle November, and I don't think there was a single day I didn't work. If we weren't on a jobsite I was working on my uncle's property, and it was basically sun up to sun down. The only per was running to Jewel Osco for some ribeyes on Sunday...I really miss northern Illinois, but not the taxes or commute to Evanston. If my wife had her way we would be in Illinois, if I have my way we'll be in Southwest Florida

77 SLEEK

Reaction score
We shop for our steaks at the Jewel in Spring Grove IL 10 min from the house. That would have been a cool RDP sighting.

Nordie

Reaction score
We shop for our steaks at the Jewel in Spring Grove IL 10 min from the house. That would have been a cool RDP sighting.

The Jewel off of 12 and Spring Grove? My uncle's home is just down the way. A lot of my family live there, or just over the border in Wisco...I loved that grocery store

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I usually stop at that jewel on the way to the state park ramp.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I worked at Modine for many years that is just down the street from the Rusty nail. Have had many beers and dinners there. I also lived in MccullomBama for a few years which is next to ringwood.

Nordie

Reaction score
I worked at Modine for many years that is just down the street from the Rusty nail. Have had many beers and dinners there. I also lived in MccullomBama for a few years which is next to ringwood.
After my commute from Evanston I used to stop at the Rusty Nail for a couple, their food was actually pretty good as well...my mom's side of the family left north side Chicago for the suburbs. They ended up in the gardens (as they call it). They all used to frequent Harold's (it's a bar) which is on the fox river chain.

One day my grandpa hooked onto a big pike or muskie anyhow him and my great uncle took it into Harold's and put it on the bar and got drunkernshit

On my short stay my Aunt and Uncle took me to Harold's and I felt how vintage it was knowing I was drinking a beer where my grandpa (rip) would stop after his commute home from McCormick Place

I was treated very well, just because of my family's history in that bar. It was a really good time...

We also had my uncle's jetski so I got to take it on a rip in the Fox River, it was a blast.

I could see living there if it weren't for the taxes

Headless hula

Reaction score
Against every YouTube video I've ever seen about an extension ladder and a chainsaw, I managed to not get knocked off the ladder by a falling limb. Seems weird, I know.....

I'm here to tell you, it IS in fact possible to survive such an encounter......

Hullbilly

Reaction score

C’mon McCullom Lake ain’t got nuttin’ on Wondertucky.

The last time I was at the nail was on an annual below freezing harley ride, prolly back in 2008.

You guys are almost making me miss home!

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
Against every YouTube video I've ever seen about an extension ladder and a chainsaw, I managed to not get knocked off the ladder by a falling limb. Seems weird, I know.....

I'm here to tell you, it IS in fact possible to survive such an encounter......

If you don't have a ladder, the bucket of a tractor always works. Just remember to put the saw in the bucket before you raise it, it makes climbing up the arms to get in the bucket much easier :rolleyes:;)

j21black

Reaction score
In other news, as long as the chainsaw had fresh gas, I lopped off the branches from the neighbors tree that were obstructing my view of the lake. :eek:

The "before"....

View attachment 779047

View attachment 779048

The "after". :cool:

Now if you could figure out how to spray some Crossbow on the growth between your little channel and the main lake (without getting caught in the act), you'd have a perfect view. :D

It would work, but I would advise against it.....

Headless hula

Reaction score
Poptart just got word that her power is back on.. 6 days is a long time.

Were currently floating 2 miles off the runway from air venture.

Headless hula

Reaction score
Was just digging in the cooler for a beverage..

Poptart says, "hey! Look! You're missing all the flip-de-doos"......

Currently watching an aerobatic display from the water...
15640844863654791757591785799003.jpg

Hope you fags are enjoying your day at work. :D

Blue Oval

Reaction score
What time did those bombers fly over Sean? We were hanging at the State Park and some old bombers flew over us around 8pm. Another awesome sunset last night.
9237B3FE-97F8-43AF-B469-F9DCBBEF97AB.jpeg