WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nordics latest Ski race rig!

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to ride in the predecessor to this rig up in Washington last year and I can say its a damn rocket ship. Pulls so hard its all you can do to keep in the seat. Probably the funnest/scariest thing I've ever been in LOL.

Was this the predecessor, I built a set of boards for Todd as a gift he was giving to Randy, I fell in love with the gel on it, that wasn't too long ago and now another dual drive one again :)

Other set was for the giant that just won the Catalina ski race
file4.jpeg
nordicToddgift.jpg

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
A little off topic here. Does anybody have a Nordic Crossfire? Or has anyone been in one? I guess it's the same hull as the race boat but with a standard layup. There's a red, white, and blue Crossfire Nordic's Instagram with a 300r on it. I think that boat would be a badass little hotrod. That might be my next boat. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

fmo24

Reaction score
There was a play boat with a 600 I think with full upholstery and engine cover. It was fast as well

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
A little off topic here. Does anybody have a Nordic Crossfire? Or has anyone been in one? I guess it's the same hull as the race boat but with a standard layup. There's a red, white, and blue Crossfire Nordic's Instagram with a 300r on it. I think that boat would be a badass little hotrod. That might be my next boat. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Wish they would show more pics of it. Looks awesome

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
There was an inmate that sold one a few years back with a 3.2 opti on it. I believe he said the boat was low 90s

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
There are some heavy hitters from all over the world headed to France for this. That is a special hull right there.

DC-88

Reaction score
We're getting serious about having something along those lines built within the next year or so. Went in and had the initial discussion and it looked promising, with the possibility of a small crawl thru open bow on the table as well. For the river, Havasu, Mohave, Mead, and Powell it would seem a no- brainer for our needs. After seeing first hand over the years how these hull types perform in the blue and on the course I can't believe the SR,( crossfire), Cyclone, ski race hulls with added seats aren't more commonplace because with OB power you get reliability along with sea worthiness (happy wives/chicks) and decent speed #'s.

Gambin87

Reaction score
The 21 crossfire/cyclone in my opinion is hands down one of the best performing Boats available, the diversity the boat offers is truly unreal, there’s not many boats out there that’s u can put a merc 300 on and a little bit of ballast in it that will do 70-80 up a river or comfortably handle open ocean, the way the boat is capable of handling big water is pretty incredible

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
We're getting serious about having something along those lines built within the next year or so. Went in and had the initial discussion and it looked promising, with the possibility of a small crawl thru open bow on the table as well. For the river, Havasu, Mohave, Mead, and Powell it would seem a no- brainer for our needs. After seeing first hand over the years how these hull types perform in the blue and on the course I can't believe the SR,( crossfire), Cyclone, ski race hulls with added seats aren't more commonplace because with OB power you get reliability along with sea worthiness (happy wives/chicks) and decent speed #'s.
That’s pretty much where I’m at right now. All I’d want to order different is a forward facing passenger seat, a basic rear bench, and an access to the bow area for storage for weekend gear. Otherwise it’s pretty much perfect for what I want. With a 300r it should be pretty quick too, so it’d be good on the river. Plus its rough water capabilities would be nice for Powell and Mead. I’m not seeing much not to like about this boat.

lavey jr

Reaction score
I have always been very intrigued by these boats and I think they’re awesome!

I know they’re more setup to be ski boats that go very fast. But I’d really love to see them setup for their top performance numbers! No skiers and do a head to head speed and handling comparison between the #6 drive boat and drive splitter Imco boat. That would be awesome!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The 21 crossfire/cyclone in my opinion is hands down one of the best performing Boats available, the diversity the boat offers is truly unreal, there’s not many boats out there that’s u can put a merc 300 on and a little bit of ballast in it that will do 70-80 up a river or comfortably handle open ocean, the way the boat is capable of handling big water is pretty incredible

Agreed!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is the outboard version of the new hull.

08F6EE6B-3E92-47E7-8349-DC23851EE308.jpeg
D27C7B25-1385-4A70-A567-C8067FCF7389.jpeg

These boats aren’t as fast as the crossfires but are better in bigger water.

The bottom was based of a Wellscradt and then modified.

Randy is considering retooling the deck for pleasure and producing a rough water monster for recreational purposes.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score

The Crossfire is awesome. Such a versatile boat!

p3493292205-6.jpg

p3492514557-6.jpg

p3492514558-6.jpg

p3525737475-6.jpg

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
This is the outboard version of the new hull.

View attachment 778759 View attachment 778760

These boats aren’t as fast as the crossfires but are better in bigger water.

The bottom was based of a Wellscradt and then modified.

Randy is considering retooling the deck for pleasure and producing a rough water monster for recreational purposes.
About the same size as a 210?

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score
Length wise yes but a lot deeper freeboard. You really sit deep in the cockpit

This is correct...You sit very low in these boats which is nice in big water. They also are a lot narrower then a 210 or any other river cruiser for that matter. Pretty weight sensitive. I will say this though once you fill the ballest tank and make them heavy they can handle some big water. I not talking coming home from foxes on 4th of july weekend kinda water. I'm talking half way to Catalina "what the hell am I doing out here" kind of water.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
YES thats the boat I’m talking about, so freakin badass, I want one. Spin that passenger seat around and it’s perfect for me and the wife.
Kind of what I was thinking. 400, spin the passenger seat, and add the stadium seating in the back.

Backlash

Reaction score
Such a beautiful boat!! Thanks for posting up the pictures Tommy!! So does the Crossfire have the Wellscraft bottom, or a different bottom?

Gambin87

Reaction score
Such a beautiful boat!! Thanks for posting up the pictures Tommy!! So does the Crossfire have the Wellscraft bottom, or a different bottom?
The crossfire has a Nordic/Cyclone bottom same bottom they’ve been using in there ski racing forever. The new race boats they developed for worlds this year (the all white boats) are the boats with the newly developed wellscraft bottom

Backlash

Reaction score
Right on thank you! I always loved Marty's boat and his dedication to developing that hull. I remember his shop in the Inland Empire many moons ago. Super nice guy!!!

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score
All 3 boats headed West on the 40 this morning.

View attachment 778665

To give you an idea on how narrow they are, As stated above these boats are getting put into shipping containers and I am pretty sure staying on these trailers...Not getting put on dolly trailers. Not sure on the difference of width between the Crossfire/SR and the new "Marty" boats but i bet they are pretty similar.

montaj629

Reaction score
The new white boat with the 300R (Stevie’s) is getting 81 w/ a skier and 70 full of ballast and trimmed all the way down. Info is straight from the driver.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
The new white boat with the 300R (Stevie’s) is getting 81 w/ a skier and 70 full of ballast and trimmed all the way down. Info is straight from the driver.
Is there a HP limit or something? Why not a 400?

fmo24

Reaction score
F2 was limited to 300. Not sure about current rules with the bigger motors coming out
Edit: 3 liter 300 horse at prop

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score

Need to note that this is set up to ski, not wring every last MPH out of it. Rules dictate the motor can not be lifted above propshaft even with bottom, prop capable of pulling a skier up from a deep water start etc.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
2DE7A5EE-F288-4DA6-AF6D-342941C00CF2.jpeg
I spied this one at Temple Bar about a month ago. Didn’t know what it was (other than bad ass!) before reading this thread. Good stuff!
F7BB4D7C-E82A-4208-ADB3-C1456C4DB268.jpeg

Same #373 boat as in RD’s post earlier, apparently before it got painted up a bit.

Backlash

Reaction score
I've noticed in several of the above pics that they have the driver's side on both the left and the right side. Is it just preference by the customer or is there a benefit for one over the other with ski racing involved?

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
I've noticed in several of the above pics that they have the driver's side on both the left and the right side. Is it just preference by the customer or is there a benefit for one over the other with ski racing involved?

Most have the driver on the right, as the spray from the prop goes more to that side (assuming RH lower/prop), allowing the observer a better view of the skier.

Backlash

Reaction score
Thank you!! I knew there was a reason but didnt know what it was. ;)

Wbinder

Reaction score
Just curious, how’s that new 210 with the 400 gunna compare against the cyclones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backlash

Reaction score
The Cyclones are going to be faster than the 210s. Just a lighter hull and more efficient hull design.