WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Has anyone on here ever bought the same boat twice?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I'm not talking the same model or anything like that, I'm talking the exact same boat.

Did you pay more or less the second time around? What are your thoughts on this?

Only reason I ask is I might have an option to buy "the one that got away" for a second time but for more money than I sold it for and it has more hours but same set-up.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I'm not talking the same model or anything like that, I'm talking the exact same boat.

Did you pay more or less the second time around? What are your thoughts on this?

Only reason I ask is I might have an option to buy "the one that got away" for a second time but for more money than I sold it for and it has more hours but same set-up.
I’ve seen a couple members do it. I don’t know about the money part. I’ve done dumber things I suppose

JD D05

Reaction score

Seriously though make sure you will be happy with it. Is it still in the condition you expect etc.

Singleton

Reaction score
I know a few that did that. In most cases they purchased it back from the guy that purchased it from them and a deal was made both agreed to.

Crazy to think same boat would cost more, but the used market is up right now.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
People do it with wives all the time why not a boat.
Those people would be known as Fools:D
Seriously though make sure you will be happy with it. Is it still in the condition you expect etc.
A leopard usually doesn't change it's spots. LOL
If your'e talking about the boat, well then I would agree. I suppose either one could have had some aftermarket upgrades though. :D

Last edited:

NicPaus

Reaction score
I screwed up by not buying back my Ultra. Offered it back to me for 16k. Sold 2 months later for 22k. Just pulled up to his house to get 2 skis. Can't make the same mistake again.

bocco

Reaction score
I know a guy that remarried his first wife after divorcing number two. That's call not learning by your mistakes.

green250

Reaction score
I would buy my Baker Rampage back and I had the opportunity. Still pissed!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cobalt232

Reaction score
A buddy of mine bought the same house 3 times.

eliminate-her

Reaction score
I just did it a couple of years ago. I had Eliminator build me a 230 Eagle in 03, sold it in 06. I bought it back for 1/3 of the price. It needed some TLC when I got it back.

blue wonder

Reaction score
Yep sure did, sold a boat to a guy and like a year later he called me going through a divorce and I bought it back for half of what I sold it to him for, kept it for awhile then made a nice little profit on it :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Boat prices are going up!

Nicpaus Ultra is probably worth more than the 22k it sold for by now. Lol

Weird because Desert toy prices are still falling. I haven’t quite figured that one out yet

GRADS

Reaction score
I'm talking about my Shockwave specifically. I REALLY liked the boat but at the time 65 m.p.h. was not fast enough for me. So the only reason we sold it was to go faster. Two months after I sold it some of my very close friends were killed in a high speed boating accident and that ended me wanting to go super fast ever again. At that point I wished I wouldn't have sold it. I would like to have it back.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
@GRADS is this the White Shockwave with the 525 that's on the market now for 65k? Saw that boat on facebook

outboard_256

Reaction score
I don't really miss anything I have sold. Usually sold it because it was worn out, didn't fit my needs any more, or went to something better.

If I was trying to buy something back I don't think price would stop me unless it was something ridiculous. You are now talking about one of a kind boat so your options of finding another one somewhere else are 0.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

Greg the boat is near me here in Oregon. I can go look at it if you need me to, or maybe meet him here on the Columbia and give it a shakedown. I saw it on CL the other day and thought of you, but didn't want to torment you with the add.

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
Guilty.

Bought my Lavey 21 XCS for 19K in 2012. Sold it for 23K in 2017. Bought it back for 23K in 2018 from the person I sold it to. He only put on 5 hours and threw in a brand new CageWrx RZR 4 Seat Cage (worth 2K +/-). Just sold it for 22K. In the end, I’m ahead!

And I’d buy it a 3rd time. Told this last buyer to give me first right of refusal.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Yes, a few times......on my 26 Daytona....paid $40,000 for it, spent $45,000 more on it, sold it for a nice loss at $65,000. It is what it is, nobody ever said making boats faster was smart financially. Bought it back this year for $56,000, and spent another $30,000 on it, then sold it for $85,000. Its a hobby I guess, I like making boats pristine, once done I get bored and start another one.

JD D05

Reaction score
I assume this is the Daytona...You sure you want a smaller Cat for Tahoe?

Maxed out has a really clean looking Flame...But I like the Flame...You could call it "Flaming"

guest hs

Reaction score

I remarried my same wife twice does that count?

guest hs

Reaction score
Boat prices are going up!

Nicpaus Ultra is probably worth more than the 22k it sold for by now. Lol

Weird because Desert toy prices are still falling. I haven’t quite figured that one out yet
That’s because boating is more diverse.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

You do it with Apple stock all the time!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Buy it now since you/your wife can afford it. Then you can sell it low when the prices soften. Then you can buy it again later when the price is lower

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
People do it with wives all the time why not a boat.

Talk about bad investments, lol.

I would offer the same price as you sold it for unless it's a must have. I'm talking about the boat - not ex-wives, lol.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I actually had to sell my buggy, had some serious medical issues going on, 2009, and out of the random the guy i sold it to shot me a text while i was sitting on RDC looking at buying something again, so i said hell i know that thing so may as well. Bought it back in basically same condition other than some ug asF paint he did to it, in 2011.

H2O

Reaction score
bad choices .jpg

GRADS

Reaction score
Greg the boat is near me here in Oregon. I can go look at it if you need me to, or maybe meet him here on the Columbia and give it a shakedown. I saw it on CL the other day and thought of you, but didn't want to torment you with the add.
I really appreciate that, I might take you up on it. He's only done a couple things to it, mostly with the trailer, But it might be nice to have someone put some eyes on it. He also has only put 30 hours on it since I sold it.

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
I really appreciate that, I might take you up on it. He's only done a couple things to it, mostly with the trailer, But it might be nice to have someone put some eyes on it. He also has only put 30 hours on it since I sold it.

I might have missed it. Which boat are you buying back? Did you sell the formula?

milkmoney

Reaction score
Well you old titty yanker some of us have to actually work all day and don’t have time to go back through the whole thread. :D
Then why you on rdp if yore working . Get ur ass back to work ...[emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GRADS

Reaction score
I might have missed it. Which boat are you buying back? Did you sell the formula?
We haven't bought anything yet but our old Shockwave popped up for sale and we would consider buying it again. Still have the Formula but obviously two boats will not work at least for very long.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
We haven't bought anything yet but our old Shockwave popped up for sale and we would consider buying it again. Still have the Formula but obviously two boats will not work at least for very long.
As a man of the Bernie since you’ll have two you can just give one away

B-RAD77

Reaction score
https://www.riverdavesplace.com/for...or-25-eagle-rigged-by-dcb-mercury-502.184737/
My old boat is for sale again at Maxed Out. It was a great boat for me for 13ish years had a lot of fun with it. I bought it used from Dave I think it has had about 3 owners since I sold it in 2014. It's kind of weird seeing it out and about. I often wonder what happened to the Eliminator I had before this one. I sold it to a guy in Vegas about 1999.

GRADS

Reaction score
The boat I'm looking at has 177 hours and I put 100 of those on it.