Reaction score
Today’s adventure.

14B598B4-327C-4085-9E71-81CEDB9EE439.jpeg

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
No, we trailered from minoqua to boyne city and have been staying at marinas and yacht clubs. Currently residing at elk river. We trailered over to torch lake, about 12 miles from here this morning.

I was going to ask the same thing... That'd be hard core running across Lake Michigan with the weather the last few days!

Taboma

Reaction score
Went for a little rip around grand traverse bay this morning. View attachment 786626 View attachment 786627 View attachment 786628 View attachment 786629 View attachment 786630

Incredible how clear the water is.

Just curious Hula, the great lakes are infamous due to the dreaded Zebra Muscles (Similar to our Havasu Quagga version). The other day you were on Torch Lake, from which there doesn't appear to be a boating outlet to the Great Lakes, but perhaps shares the same water. Do you face inspections etc., or are all the area lakes already infested ?
I guess I'm just curious if any mid-west lakes require similar inspections as we suffer, or they've just resolved themselves to life with the muscles.
Certainly, it's claimed they greatly improve water clarity at the risk of killing off the baby fish food.

Loving the boating pics, thanks for sharing !!!

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Just curious Hula, the great lakes are infamous due to the dreaded Zebra Muscles (Similar to our Havasu Quagga version). The other day you were on Torch Lake, from which there doesn't appear to be a boating outlet to the Great Lakes, but perhaps shares the same water. Do you face inspections etc., or are all the area lakes already infested ?
I guess I'm just curious if any mid-west lakes require similar inspections as we suffer, or they've just resolved themselves to life with the muscles.
Certainly, it's claimed they greatly improve water clarity at the risk of killing off the baby fish food.

Torch drains into lake Michigan. We could've boat from the other side of the dam that's literally in the harbor we were staying in all the way to torch lake.

No inspections, no bullshit. The midwest is closed.

Blue Oval

Reaction score

The only lake that I have ever been stop at the ramp and inspected , was Glen Lake. It is just south of Lake Leland.

RichL

Reaction score
When are you gonna run up to a certain dentist's office and flip him off?