WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Surf restrictions on the Parker Strip

BamBam

Reaction score
So you bought a house with a dock on a river with no wake rules by your dock and now you are angry

No offense but you remind me of people in Phoenix who bought a cookie cutter house by a race track and then bitched about race car sounds till they closed the track. You knew what you bought.

He bought the house and built the dock prior to the monster wake boats and wake surfing trend. It's a little different. The boats and boating has certainly changed through the years. I still remember when a 21' boat was a big boat on Parker and "Honcho" looked like the queen mary. Those days have long passed. I certainly do not like the damage done by the wake surf boats, I really don't like when they are driving around not pulling anyone and their ballast tanks are full and they plow through the water making a monster wake anyway (cause it rides better). I like that Parker is pretty lax on rules and I can go fast and be loud. I try to be respectful of others and sometimes wish others would give a little more space to respect the other boats and docks.

cofooter

Reaction score
I was out on parker yesterday and encountered some surfing with these wakeboard boats and just plowing water also ....

Now we all know I have a 21 schiada that pretty much handles anything I have put it through ..
Well I got some good air twice , meaning , let my foot out of the throttle air ...my passenger said that was fun...lol

Now , you can plow water with just about anything and create a wake that is huge.
So stop plowing the river with nothing in tow , are you that stupid..look back sometime. You might be amazed

I keep looking at these surfers , are you scared of sharks. That you can not go to the ocean and get a natural swell to surf on and not spend 200k or more to get that on the river ....I am scared of sharks too..lol

Here is another hint for you surfers ....nobody at foxes wants to see you go by . It actually pisses everyone off , even the staff that you do that. Go down river by blue water where its wide open and surf ur life off...

Only exception is the hydrofoil crew out of echo lodge and his Canadian buddies can show off in front of foxes.

Now you might think I hate these boats , well your right I do . I think they are destroying parts of the river ways etc. I don't want them banned as they are boaters also , I think better education or training with them would be helpful .... and my friend. Ol lynch has one .and bought me a big stick yesterday , so he got a pass on the river yesterday.
Thanks lynch ....[emoji202][emoji106][emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Cause it's super easy, like laying on the couch playing video games, that's why it's popular

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Cause it's super easy, like laying on the couch playing video games, that's why it's popular

truth.jpg

bk2drvr

Reaction score
They are enforcing it in a small area down in Blythe above 6th ave.

The Blythe area (~30 miles north of the 10) is overall pretty shallow so I would imagine there isn’t and never really will be a big problem with wake boats. They are too afraid to hit ground there so they seek the deeper more predictable depths of Havasu and Parker.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
The Blythe area (~30 miles north of the 10) is overall pretty shallow so I would imagine there isn’t and never really will be a big problem with wake boats. They are too afraid to hit ground there so they seek the deeper more predictable depths of Havasu and Parker.

I was surprised when the Coast Guard came and installed the buoys and no wake area above Blythe due to wake boarding. It was not done by the county or local law enforcement. I have a good friend with one of the buoys directly in front of his house. No more dock starts skiing from his place anymore.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
All the cool people go to Parker to been seen.

getreal

Reaction score
File a law suite against the manufacturer. Just like they do with guns.

If I'm not .mistaken, every water craft operator is responsible for their own wake and what ever damage it causes. Set up a GOOD camera and start recording and documenting each boat and their water craft registration numbers and then go ask a leo with all the proof. I'm sure it will work as that is what the current law states. Beware though that the end result will be that the river will end up being a no wake zone to all.
Pick your poison. Maybe a better approach would be to post that statute on a sign and post it on your dock and then start politely calling boats over that are destroying your dock and when they get there to talk to you politely ask them if they are aware of the law and then let them know that you have recorded their registration numbers on video.
See what happens. You might wind up starting something that ends with more boaters being courteous like they do in the Sac. Delta. Wait, only the responsible ones will and probably are already doing that. The rest are just douchbag but hey, at least you did something rather than.........:D

Arizona Laws > Title 5 > Chapter 3 > Article 5 > § 5-343
Arizona Laws 5-343. Speed restrictions; excessive wake

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
You are on point sir. I have done and enjoy all forms of watersports, wakeskate, wakeboard, surf, trick, foil, and slalom. I appreciate all forms of watersports, surfing is by far the easiest

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
11 mph!! What an exciting thing to do.......for a 5 yr old girl.
Lamest/slowest activity ever done on water but hey look at my cool wake fucking up so many people's boating pleasure and property.
Fuck wakeboard boats...clueless fucks.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Glad this fucking asshole , goes to the delta to waterski and wakeboard and surf. For the past 50 years.
Hardly ever see another boat or a dock.

Nothing but fun activities , the entire family enjoys .

No tubes, Lily pads. Kids learned to ski when they were 3/4 years old . Late 20's now .

Glad we bought a brand new malibu VTX , this year . Greatest boat we ever bought .

I would rather see families skiing , boarding and surfing all day , then watching people going back and fourth , fucking up the water for skiing and wake boarding.

Skiing and boarding 90% of the time . surfing 10%. fun to do , when your to warn out from skiing and boarding . When we surf . We try to do it in locations where there is no one. Doesn't mean, we are not going to get passed and flipped off though.

If we're banning wake boats , can we ban, over 22' boats also .
Having 30'/40' boats on the strip, is joke to me.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Parker Surf Report-

Surf height
4-6ft
Shoulder high to 1 ft. overhead
Tide
-0.1ft
Low tide -0.4ft
at 06:29am
Wind
6 knots
WNW (297°)
Swells
2.2ft at 15s S 181º
1.5ft at 9s S 190º
0.5ft at 7s WNW 281º

High temperature 115°
Overnight low 88°
Wind WNW at 8 mph
Humidity 16%
Water temperature 66° to 77°

Dan'l

c_land

Reaction score
Don’t agree with banning anything. But I found this interesting and disappointing.

4A34782C-966C-41D3-A45C-B20DC645D195.png

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score

Relative I guess. I got up first time on a single ski and ripped a few turns; never water skied in my life. Albeit I looked like shit doing it, but I did it first time. However a 360 shove-it with a 180 body varial over to heel side then riding swtich on a wake surf is hard, super hard. Just like any sport I guess you can make it as hard or easy as you like.

I definitely don't consider myself a wake surfer whatsoever. I do it once in a while because I am around high end wake boats five days a week so it's kind of part of my job. I would rather run 90mph up the lake in a fast boat then park on the beach and have a drink. :D

4Waters

Reaction score
View attachment 782665 Coming to a river near you
How can that driver safely see over the bow?

View attachment 782913
It really isn’t that hard to man up and do it for real [emoji1591]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't unsee that.

Don’t agree with banning anything. But I found this interesting and disappointing.

View attachment 783878
There won't be property to value if something isn't done.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Parker Surf Report-

Surf height
4-6ft
Shoulder high to 1 ft. overhead
Tide
-0.1ft
Low tide -0.4ft
at 06:29am
Wind
6 knots
WNW (297°)
Swells
2.2ft at 15s S 181º
1.5ft at 9s S 190º
0.5ft at 7s WNW 281º

High temperature 115°
Overnight low 88°
Wind WNW at 8 mph
Humidity 16%
Water temperature 66° to 77°

Dan'l

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u3.jpg

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Only exception is the hydrofoil crew out of echo lodge and his Canadian buddies can show off in front of foxes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the support! BTW, non of PFC runs any ballast in our boats and we ski at 24 to 26 so minor wakes!

teded

Reaction score
Spent a few days in Parker last week. River wasn’t to busy. One or two wake surf boats can ruin a not so crowded day. Took a few people out wakeboarding and skiing, every 100 feet or so had to tell people in the bow to watch there backs here’s another 3 foot backbraker.

PlanB

Reaction score
Spent Saturday in a cove that's a good 1/4 mile from actual traffic on the lake. Lots of boat went buy, but the one to cause the only serious wake was a wake boat travelling extremely slow with a person surfing behind it. The wake actually went up over the rail on the rear of our toon which is not usual because of the height off of the water. These wakes are bigger, steeper and travel farther than wakes off of other boats IMO.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I like the concept. Not quite sure on the design. Fits our needs perfectly. Wife wants a toon. Kids want a wake boat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My kids learned the meaning of the word NO at a very young age...

Do em a favor and teach em to ski. They will love shredding glass once they learn how. So much more fun than just standing on a surfboard inhaling exhaust fumes!

Dfu9P8OVMAABHgE.jpg

DC-88

Reaction score
Spent a few days in Parker last week. River wasn’t to busy. One or two wake surf boats can ruin a not so crowded day. Took a few people out wakeboarding and skiing, every 100 feet or so had to tell people in the bow to watch there backs here’s another 3 foot backbraker.

Yeah.. I was gonna shut up in this thread but this quoted above is basically the deal (On the River) right here. The comparisons of wake surfing with wedge and or ballast to the London Jet Boat and Wakeboarding with or without ballast are 100% Apples to Oranges. I don't care if Parks Bonifay is throwing down a wakeboard run at the river, any boater coming either direction in an old 20' Carrera jet bote can negotiate his wake .... or the London Jet type wake at 35 mph and move on like it never even happened. If the Carrera wants to drop their own skier 1/8th mile farther downriver to get pulled it will be dead flat again if no other boats are around. These landing craft surf boats that the 14 year kid old pulled his face outta' his phone long enough to talk Dad into financing leave a few deep holes followed by an endless trail of hundreds and hundreds of short interval rollers in their path that do not dissipate ( google the Prince of Monaco dying stuffing his boat into the short interval ocean version of these for comparison to accidents that have already occurred on the river system). When a few of these boats are working a stretch it's fucked for quite a while. The 3 foot backbreaker is also very dangerous, because it can exist after it's creator has left the vicinity, and causes bottlenecks with the #1 sign thrown while bigger v hulls who don't want to come off plane weave their way through when it's crowded. This "surf boat" activity isn't worth losing other rights we ALL here enjoy on the river for, and it is frustrating to watch unfold---get off my lawn before lawns are outlawed . Anybody on here want to learn to surf ..or your kids... PM me + plan to bring a decent wetsuit and I will teach for free ---

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
My kids learned the meaning of the word NO at a very young age...

Do em a favor and teach em to ski. They will love shredding glass once they learn how. So much more fun than just standing on a surfboard inhaling exhaust fumes!

Dfu9P8OVMAABHgE.jpg

That is such a badass picture...I hope you’ve had that printed big and framed it.

How old is he?

@ RIverdave should put this on the front page