WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

American Offshore

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Are they still building deck boats?Wasn’t someone in Havasu selling them at one time or another? Are the molds being used by Tahiti? Just curious on where they went.

warlock250

Reaction score
There's a Dude in Mesa Az that curbs a few of the old Cats. His name is Cliff Waters. He might be able to get them cheap.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

warlock250

Reaction score
That was pretty short lived unfortunately.

Cliff Waters is the guy to call if you want one.

The whole company is actually up for sale with all of the molds etc. if interested call me and I can put it together.
Yep Cliff Curbs a few here and there and they are as bare bones and cheaply built as possible to keep them somewhat affordable.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Goodtime$

Reaction score
We build them for art and cliff
We use the 2900 deck molds, rest I passed on using.

I just quoted twin 450r raptor 28 cats for art via Bruce bullock Marine

Nice guys. Art owner Texas
Cliff sales guy

Tahiti Todd everything else

Goodtime$

Reaction score
The days of the white 2600 Cat for $65k are long gone. So for all you tire kickers out there stop trying.

When you email ao it eventually comes to me.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
We build them for art and cliff
We use the 2900 deck molds, rest I passed on using.

I just quoted twin 450r raptor 28 cats for art via Bruce bullock Marine

Nice guys. Art owner Texas
Cliff sales guy

Tahiti Todd everything else

I'd love to pick your brain regarding the 28 raptor hull. My buddy has the orange / grey / black one that @Gelcoater did for a member on here a while back. He picked it up as a bare hull, and had it built as an open bow with a 600 SCI that is stage IV whipple upgraded. Boat has never felt setup right, too much prop slip at cruising speeds and it's a bear to get on plane with a load. Also has a tendancy to roll to port when loaded heavy and under hard power. When it has a light load, it feels great and will run 90+

He has the boat over at Savage Marine getting an SCX drive put on, as he blew the XR upper this season. Savage is gonna test it and see if they can cure the behavior with some prop testing. Already thruew a 2" drive spacer on the try a lower X, helped but didn't fully cure it. Any info you have on X-dimension and props for a single I/O application and those hulls would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Goodtime$

Reaction score
I'd love to pick your brain regarding the 28 raptor hull. My buddy has the orange / grey / black one that @Gelcoater did for a member on here a while back. He picked it up as a bare hull, and had it built as an open bow with a 600 SCI that is stage IV whipple upgraded. Boat has never felt setup right, too much prop slip at cruising speeds and it's a bear to get on plane with a load. Also has a tendancy to roll to port when loaded heavy and under hard power. When it has a light load, it feels great and will run 90+

He has the boat over at Savage Marine getting an SCX drive put on, as he blew the XR upper this season. Savage is gonna test it and see if they can cure the behavior with some prop testing. Already thruew a 2" drive spacer on the try a lower X, helped but didn't fully cure it. Any info you have on X-dimension and props for a single I/O application and those hulls would be much appreciated.

OK Thats the problem with that boat: too many variations around, no one really locked in the right X dims. Thats why i went and got the Force Tools as they are simple.

Gary Teague- GT Marine. They did a basic one back in the day that ran solid. The bottom comes from the 27 Orion Cat that Rocky had tooled the bottom. Deep Tunnels, Narrow Sponsons.

I would call GT Marine first and see what Gary knows. Art and Cliff both have Raptor cats and can help you also. Art has spent a lot of time with his, Cliff as well.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Damn Cliff Waters that’s a name i haven’t heard in forever. He’s the one who built my Howard then sold to me when it had 8 hours on it. He was getting tied into that whole AO deal at the time and i scored big when, Keith hooked me up with Cliff on that deal.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
OK Thats the problem with that boat: too many variations around, no one really locked in the right X dims. Thats why i went and got the Force Tools as they are simple.

Gary Teague- GT Marine. They did a basic one back in the day that ran solid. The bottom comes from the 27 Orion Cat that Rocky had tooled the bottom. Deep Tunnels, Narrow Sponsons.

I would call GT Marine first and see what Gary knows. Art and Cliff both have Raptor cats and can help you also. Art has spent a lot of time with his, Cliff as well.
Have all the boats that have been produced used the same bottom mold, with that blunt nosed center pod?