WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Contest: Count the syringes

rrrr

Reaction score
I'll mail a bag of feces to the first person submitting the correct answer.

sleeping-people-San-Francisco-AP.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
I dont think it's sad, but do think it's stupid. Sorry I just don't have a lot of sympathy for narcotics users. :rolleyes: Can't guess the number of syringes but would guess either L.A. or SFV.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Doesn't he know there is a designated syringe disposal station for that. Jeez
From what I've seen they will clean up the free syringes. But they won't clean up there shit or free food they give them. Had a group of them move into the alley behind my realtors rental. Every day they showed up to give them free food and needles and picked up the old needles but not the trash from the food they gave them.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Those look like insulin syringes. If you are diabetic and on Medi-Cal, you probably get those free. You can probably sell them for $2 to $5 each to junkies.....before or after you use them. Free healthcare for junkies and illegal aliens in California......”California Dreaming”.

propcheck

Reaction score
This is all too common now in cities across California. It sucks that I cant use a public right of way (sidewalk) because an individual has decided it is their toilet and the government supports their right to the public property more than mine.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
But come on....they can be rehabbed....everyone needs a chance....:D

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Show some sympathy you assholes. How else are those poor diabetics suppose to get the resources they need?

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
The answer is to the question is too.

Too many.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
This is all too common now in cities across California. It sucks that I cant use a public right of way (sidewalk) because an individual has decided it is their toilet and the government supports their right to the public property more than mine.
I was going to post something tonight about needles. Our fine local Govt. is letting homeless people live in a huge go to park in my town, same park I would get kicked out of after dark in my younger days. Anyway I went to pickup my dog's ball way far away from their "turf" and almost got stuck. Packed our shit and hit the road.
I say no more free needles let em infect each other and die off. Sad to say but fuck em I almost got stuck today and my tax $$$ bought those needles and we lost another place to enjoy our town

WYRD

Reaction score
I'm telling you..if .Gov would drop a few bad batches on the street the problem would start taking care of itself.
Some would call it homicide
Some would call it genocide
I would call it pesticide

NicPaus

Reaction score
I'm telling you..if .Gov would drop a few bad batches on the street the problem would start taking care of itself.
Some would call it homicide
Some would call it genocide
I would call it pesticide
I thought the same thing but after running into one of the guys that use to work for me I learned a lot. He is staying at a spot where a bunch of zombies hang out. Local electrician passed away and his son inherited the place. He has brought a bunch of them back from dead from OD. Even learned they are dropping from smoking it not just slamming. He said they all carry the shot to revive themself when they OD. Said he saved 1 guy twice in a week. They are so hooked even after od and being revived he was still using the same bad batch. Said none have died but over 10 have of there several of them numerous times.

ElAzul

Reaction score
I thought the same thing but after running into one of the guys that use to work for me I learned a lot. He is staying at a spot where a bunch of zombies hang out. Local electrician passed away and his son inherited the place. He has brought a bunch of them back from dead from OD. Even learned they are dropping from smoking it not just slamming. He said they all carry the shot to revive themself when they OD. Said he saved 1 guy twice in a week. They are so hooked even after od and being revived he was still using the same bad batch. Said none have died but over 10 have of there several of them numerous times.
Truly sickening

Sherpa

Reaction score
gotta bring back a few things to "fix" these problems..........

first off: anyone living on the street gets picked up and put into a guarded camp..... (think internment-type camp) they have to work for their food.
they can be chain ganged if needed.......
feed them 3 squares.
then bring the soylent green operation back online......... viola!

no more homeless. streets are clean. the chain gangs clean freeway roadsides, vacant lots, blight, etc.

and provide food for those doing the work.

--Sherpa

if you can't read down this far it was a joke, son.

rrrr

Reaction score
It's utterly unbelievable that municipal governments accept and encourage this behavior.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Sad how a human mind can reach such a low level.....The power of drugs and yet the average citizen doesn't realize how bad it has gotten in so many areas.

The time has come to force big pharma and the medical industry to clean the shit up that they have heavily contributed to.....:mad:

ElAzul

Reaction score
There is a chain of trendy places in Oregon called McMennimen's they buy odd old properties and make them into brew pubs, theaters, whatever. I stayed a couple days on their huge location in Troutdale and was told it was a "poor farm". Back in the day homelessness and vagrants were obviously frowned upon and lots of people still seemed to have some self worth so they chose to live there for room, board, food and worked the huge property. Doing this today would help curb illegals working and get people off the streets but will never happen. Good idea none the less and I am sure a hard days work and learning some sort of skill would help a small percentage of people eventually get back on track.
I was talking to my wife about this and the span of time in our history. 50,80,100 years is a blip of time and how we have gotten so bad so fast scares the shit out of me

HotRod82

Reaction score

I lost my brother 3 years ago to addiction. I can tell you from first hand experience you will not save these people. My brother had two hospital stays over 6 months long from OD'ing. He would end up in the ER (which you and I were paying for) on a weekly, sometimes daily basis. He would even call the ambulance on himself when he didn't feel like walking. We tried everything, there was no saving him. The politicians have made it so easy to get the dope and there are no repercussions for taking it now so the problem has exploded and will continue to get worse. The medical bills alone for the addicts are costing us billions of dollars. The only way to keep these people sober is to lock them up and throw away the key. This problem is going to get a lot worse.....

Old Texan

Reaction score
Yes indeed, it will continue. Putting them to work is considered inhumane. It was ruled illegal by some liberal loon judge to make prisoners work on prison farms in TX. Those in the field are their by their choice....

84miller

Reaction score
I was going to post something tonight about needles. Our fine local Govt. is letting homeless people live in a huge go to park in my town, same park I would get kicked out of after dark in my younger days. Anyway I went to pickup my dog's ball way far away from their "turf" and almost got stuck. Packed our shit and hit the road.
I say no more free needles let em infect each other and die off. Sad to say but fuck em I almost got stuck today and my tax $$$ bought those needles and we lost another place to enjoy our town
You know why they call the town needles? No one could spell hypodermic....

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Venice is horrible, can’t walk the sidewalk without vagrants everywhere, openly shooting up / dealing . And the smell OMG

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
But the mayor of Los Angeles says they are homeless because there is a housing shortage and rent is too much.[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
But the mayor of Los Angeles says they are homeless because there is a housing shortage and rent is too much.[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny he uses that as an excuse. There are over 2 million illegal immigrants in California and they somehow found homes to hideout in lol

poncho

Reaction score
I lost my brother 3 years ago to addiction. I can tell you from first hand experience you will not save these people. My brother had two hospital stays over 6 months long from OD'ing. He would end up in the ER (which you and I were paying for) on a weekly, sometimes daily basis. He would even call the ambulance on himself when he didn't feel like walking. We tried everything, there was no saving him. The politicians have made it so easy to get the dope and there are no repercussions for taking it now so the problem has exploded and will continue to get worse. The medical bills alone for the addicts are costing us billions of dollars. The only way to keep these people sober is to lock them up and throw away the key. This problem is going to get a lot worse.....

My Sister in Law is an emergency room nurse, she said they use the hospital like a shelter when they feel the need to get something to eat and grab a nap. They will scream at the nurses to bring them a sandwich or they are going to go into shock. Sadly she said there is a whole staff that has to investigate every complaint, these people have learned the game.

She said the only time she get's any satisfaction is when one of them physically strikes her, she has learned how to use fingers and elbows to get some revenge.

rrrr

Reaction score
P
Sad how a human mind can reach such a low level.....The power of drugs and yet the average citizen doesn't realize how bad it has gotten in so many areas.

The time has come to force big pharma and the medical industry to clean the shit up that they have heavily contributed to.....:mad:

Prescription drug ODs account for 38% of OD deaths. The rest are from illegal drugs. The blame being foisted on pharma are affecting the lives of millions like me, that depend on significant amounts of pain medication.

I hate bringing this up all the time. I used to hit 77 on the links, bowled in a league with a 208 average, had three boats, worked in the top levels of professional racing, you get the idea.

Coincidentally, today I fired my pain doctor whose nurse told me "the doctor isn't going to lose his practice over a few people like you" as she cut my meds in half two months ago. I found a new doctor, he played college football, knows about injury and pain, and wants to fix me, not just pass out prescriptions every 30 days.

I'm feeling better than I have in two years. He ordered prescriptions that will give me some relief, maybe I won't have to be in pain 24/7 anymore.

Last edited:

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
My Sister in Law is an emergency room nurse, she said they use the hospital like a shelter when they feel the need to get something to eat and grab a nap. They will scream at the nurses to bring them a sandwich or they are going to go into shock. Sadly she said there is a whole staff that has to investigate every complaint, these people have learned the game.

She said the only time she get's any satisfaction is when one of them physically strikes her, she has learned how to use fingers and elbows to get some revenge.
Omg ! Nobody should have to put up with that , I have the utmost respect for nurses and they should NEVER have to deal with that !

poncho

Reaction score
Omg ! Nobody should have to put up with that , I have the utmost respect for nurses and they should NEVER have to deal with that !

God Bless her, I could never do it. Sadly those gals and guys lived for the overtime and anymore few even want to work 40

Old Texan

Reaction score
P

Prescription drug ODs account for 38% of OD deaths. The rest are from illegal drugs. The blame being foisted on pharma are affecting the lives of millions like me, that depend on significant amounts of pain medication.

I hate bringing this up all the time. I used to hit 77 on the links, bowled in a league with a 208 average, had three boats, worked in the top levels of professional racing, you get the idea.

Coincidentally, today I fired my pain doctor whose nurse told me "the doctor isn't going to lose his practice over a few people like you" as she cut my meds in half two months ago. I found a new doctor, he played college football, knows about injury and pain, and wants to fix me, not just pass out prescriptions every 30 days.

I'm feeling better than I have in two years. He ordered prescriptions that will give me some relief, maybe I won't have to be in pain 24/7 anymore.
I completely understand your point and the issues you face. My point is how many folks have been prescribed opiates who have a history pof addiction. I lost of friend of 30 years to opiates. He's alive but a complete waste. He went 15 years without a drink until he had carpel tunnel surgery and was prescribe oxy. It set him off o lose all he had including wife, job, and most of hos friends.

You are very fortunate to find a Dr that cares and understands. The Drs that are the problem, are the ones that don't get to know their patients and hand them a script which turns pout to be a death sentence.

HotRod82

Reaction score

Sadly, my brother was one of those people. He used the hospital to "recharge" for life on the street. You would be horrified to hear what he did to my parents for DECADES before I finally convinced them to turn their backs on him. They had to pull a restraining order against their own son to get him to stay away.......to say I'm against drugs is the understatement of the year. Heroin took my brother who was the funniest most generous guy in the world and turned him into a complete animal. Addiction is best summed up like this...."when you can stop you don't want to, and when you want to stop, you can't."

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I think my aunt is the reason meth got the nick name Tina.

She had every thing going for her, had so many chances it was not even funny. At one point she was arrested and got into a program, for 7 years she was at that facility, got her ged, aa, finished nursing school.... The day before the state nursing test she walked away. My mom went too pick up my 6 year old cousin that night from cps it was 18 months before she even tried to figure out what happened to her kid. That was one of just many "second chances". There was no saving her.

Don't even get me started on family gathering.

poncho

Reaction score
Sadly, my brother was one of those people. He used the hospital to "recharge" for life on the street. You would be horrified to hear what he did to my parents for DECADES before I finally convinced them to turn their backs on him. They had to pull a restraining order against their own son to get him to stay away.......to say I'm against drugs is the understatement of the year. Heroin took my brother who was the funniest most generous guy in the world and turned him into a complete animal. Addiction is best summed up like this...."when you can stop you don't want to, and when you want to stop, you can't."

I am Uncle Kenny to an 11 and 13 year old, I love those Kids like they were mine. We do everything together when I am home, sadly their Mother is a victim of Opiods and it was started by the kindest, most generous person I ever knew. When Grandma was going through Chemo they gave her Oxy, sadly she had no idea what it was and what it could do to people. That kid took the first one 15 years ago and left her life as she knew it.

poncho

Reaction score
P

During a routine physical last year I told my Doc about my shoulder giving me trouble. He wrote a scrip without even asking what I wanted. About a month later I woke up hurting and took one, 20 minutes later I threw up and was high as hell, I could not come down fast enough.
Dude is a glorified pusher, I like my doc but getting that shit was way too easy...I threw out the rest and just stick with Advil. Couldn't tell you what it was.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Addiction Sucks - doesn't matter if it's its Drugs, Alcohol, Gambling, Shopping, Sex, Boats. These are all very expensive habits. With help you are going to have to kick your habit.
Addiction is a disease.

rrrr

Reaction score
The scary part is all the empty caps laying around... The bare needle has to be somewhere...

I should offer a second prize for counting the caps correctly. I'm thinking of an urban survival wardrobe. It'll consist of four pairs of pants, six pairs of boxers, three tshirts, two sweatshirts (one a hoodie), a knitted cap, an old ski parka, five pairs of socks, and some Size 14 Air Jordans (see photo in OP to view the shoes).

This wardrobe is authentic. It is designed for portability and ease of use. All articles of clothing must be worn simultaneously to prevent theft of the wardrobe. Maintenance of the wardrobe is easy, and designed to fit today's Urban Lifestyle. After it's worn for fourteen days straight, body oils, perspiration, spilled food, wine, vomit and feces accumulation, the wardrobe becomes virtually waterproof, and can be worn in all weather.

An added feature that is really appreciated is the built in security system of the wardrobe. Once the break in period has been completed, your new outfit's urban security system will be activated. The comingled odors of the waterproofing system, particularly the feces and vomit, will prevent anyone from approaching you can ith the intent of stealing it.

So let's get those entries in!

Spectra18

Reaction score
Politicians need to pass a bill in CA if you have an extra room that’s used for an office , gym, game room etc. or your house is worth above $425k ,then the bill mandates you to make room to house at least 1 homeless or pay the yearly tax of $10,000 or fine of $12,000.

I'll mail a bag of feces to the first person submitting the correct answer.

sleeping-people-San-Francisco-AP.jpg