WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Accident up river?

WildWilly

Reaction score
getting the thread back on track....all the years spent here, watched and participated in the jumps in copper canyon. Hundreds of them. hard to think something so simple, something that is almost like your baptism in havasu, has been ending like this lately. Sad deal all around for sure. ultimately I think it also has to do with how easily and quickly we can get and spread info with social media and every phone having video and cameras so we are hyper exposed to it.

playdeep

Reaction score
Jeez. WTF? Listen to yourselves. You guys sound like a bunch of whiney ass millennial snowflakes.
"RD, Grads said something insensitive and hurt my feelings, ban him".
You'll need to Man the fuck up, before you lose what's left your rapidly shrinking man card permanently.
Hud
Nice bit of chest thumping...(rolleyes)
You ever stop to consider that maybe people are just tired of his constant thread jacking bullshit?
Guy's a phuking idiot.

2Driver

Reaction score
There is an member ignore setting that works very well.

Said it before, getting the wind knocked out of you on land hurts for about 30 seconds and makes you gasp for air. When you are underwater and get the wind knocked out of you its real trouble and that’s what usually happens when you land wrong.

mobldj

Reaction score
ii think its a stuck in the muck when you hit.i wont even jump off my boat now.fk im turning into that old guy......and i want to get older !

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
ii think its a stuck in the muck when you hit.i wont even jump off my boat now.fk im turning into that old guy......and i want to get older !

Yeah. A guy dived in at the upper sand bar in Parker and broke his neck recently. I feel the same way you do. You need to get in first and check the depth before diving in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HCP3

Reaction score
I saw a 20-something guy jump off a rock (don't recall which cove near the Springs) and didn't come up for a while, but eventually did come up OK. He was caught in the spikey plants that are submerged along the bottom. He was freaked out to say the least.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Yeah. A guy dived in at the upper sand bar in Parker and broke his neck recently. I feel the same way you do. You need to get in first and check the depth before diving in.

He kicking ass in rehab but has a long road ahead of him.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Some of you guys who believe in free speech but want grads kicked out of here need to stfu. You dont have to read what he writes. just scroll on by. Yeah hes a shit starter. Yeah he says stuff to rile people up. You guys get so caught up in it it makes you look foolish. Its like taking away guns cause you dont like guns. Fuck you. Its my right to say what i want you dont have to listen. Hes not inciting hate. His opionion just differs from yours and you want to silence him. I think hes an idiot politically but i still want to listen to every side. Fuck you all who dont believe in free speech.

And yes this is a private site and yes RDP can do what he wants.

And yes its a goddamn tragedy these people lost their lives. And yes that girl in the pic is hot..... its a fuckin message board for fucks sake....its the internet for fucks sake....

RVRKID

Reaction score

Especially at 10:00 at night anywhere on the river, let alone the sandbar.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Some of you guys who believe in free speech but want grads kicked out of here need to stfu. You dont have to read what he writes. just scroll on by. Yeah hes a shit starter. Yeah he says stuff to rile people up. You guys get so caught up in it it makes you look foolish. Its like taking away guns cause you dont like guns. Fuck you. Its my right to say what i want you dont have to listen. Hes not inciting hate. His opionion just differs from yours and you want to silence him. I think hes an idiot politically but i still want to listen to every side. Fuck you all who dont believe in free speech.

And yes its a goddamn tragedy these people lost their lives. And yes that girl in the pic is hot..... its a fuckin message board for fucks sake....its the internet for fucks sake....
I've said it a hundred times that taking Gregs bait gets one hooked on the wrong thing and only perpetuates the wrong thing.
And honestly, I bet what he wrote 99% of us thought too.....just bad timing.
I've stopped jumping or diving off anything including the boat. Too many instances where even an innocent cool off jump in the lake has turned to tragedy. I'll just climb down ladder into the water these days.
I am not invincible nor do I have a reset button.

4Waters

Reaction score
I've said it a hundred times that taking Gregs bait gets one hooked on the wrong thing and only perpetuates the wrong thing.
And honestly, I bet what he wrote 99% of us thought too.....just bad timing.
I've stopped jumping or diving off anything including the boat. Too many instances where even an innocent cool off jump in the lake has turned to tragedy. I'll just climb down ladder into the water these days.
I am not invincible nor do I have a reset button.
I was actually thinking that top had to come off when she hit the water.

JD D05

Reaction score
Ya know some of you guys who believe in free speech but want grads kicked out of here need to stfu. You dont have to read what he writes. just scroll on by. Yeah hes a shit starter. Yeah he says stuff to rile people up. You guys get so caught up in it it makes you look foolish. Its like taking away guns cause you dont like guns. **** you. Its my right to say what i want you dont have to listen. Hes not inciting hate. His opionion just differs from yours and you want to silence him. I think hes an idiot politically but i still want to listen to every side. **** you all who dont believe in free speech.

And yes its a ******* tragedy these people lost their lives. And yes that girl in the pic is hot..... its a ***** message board for ***** sake....its the internet for ***** sake....

J&k beer can

Reaction score
Ya know some of you guys who believe in free speech but want grads kicked out of here need to stfu. You dont have to read what he writes. just scroll on by. Yeah hes a shit starter. Yeah he says stuff to rile people up. You guys get so caught up in it it makes you look foolish. Its like taking away guns cause you dont like guns. **** you. Its my right to say what i want you dont have to listen. Hes not inciting hate. His opionion just differs from yours and you want to silence him. I think hes an idiot politically but i still want to listen to every side. **** you all who dont believe in free speech.

And yes its a ******* tragedy these people lost their lives. And yes that girl in the pic is hot..... its a ***** message board for ***** sake....its the internet for ***** sake....

love it....

well said...

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I can't help but laugh a little.
One comment by Grads is not a thread jack no matter how tasteless or offensive people may find it.
All of you loosing your minds and quoting him and screaming for a banning makes it a thread jack.
It's been said hundreds of times, if you don't care for him, put him on ignore. You won't though because in reality you look forward to jumping his shit as often as possible.

Joker

Reaction score
I can't help but laugh a little.
One comment by Grads is not a thread jack no matter how tasteless or offensive people may find it.
All of you loosing your minds and quoting him and screaming for a banning makes it a thread jack.
It's been said hundreds of times, if you don't care for him, put him on ignore. You won't though because in reality you look forward to jumping his shit as often as possible.
Amen

HBCraig

Reaction score
That dipshit is sitting and laughing Its not free speech and its not why he does it. He does it because he is sitting saying whatever gets him attention but mainly because he hasn't been punched in the mouth for saying mean shit. He would never do this in the line in a grocery store or a 7-11 because he would get blasted

Last edited:

buck35

Reaction score
That dipshit is sitting and laughing Its not free speech and its not why he does it. He does it because he is sitting saying whatever gets him attention but mainly because he hasn't been punched in the mouth for saying mean shit. He would never do this in the line in a grocery store or a 7-11 because he would get blasted

Grads only gets attention because it is given to him ... Pretty simple actually. When he posts cool stuff ,I may respond, the other stuff I just let go.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
When have I ever said something mean? Please find me the post.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
If everyone put him on ignore then he would go away on his own. I have had him on ignore for a long time
That’s a great idea, how did no one ever think of that before?:rolleyes: Look, this thread has gotten way too sidetracked, I’d appreciate if every post from here on out would stay on topic.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
When have I ever said something mean? Please find me the post.
You Talked shit to me about my deceased Mother. Is that enough for you, Mouth?
Don't play the victim.
This thread is not about you.

R.I. P. to the young man who lost his life.
May the family Never find this thread.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
That’s half the guys here. Love talking shit about me but when we meet in person it’s oh your a great guy, family man, hard working :p

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
That’s half the guys here. Love talking shit about me but when we meet in person it’s oh your a great guy, family man, hard working :p

Why would anyone be talking shit about you? You're an inspiration for the future of this country and the health of the Republican party.

Michiganman

Reaction score
If your that fucking stupid then you get what you get Rich parents with kids with no common sense dumb asses call me cold hearted but I see the shit all the time when does it end ???? Look at it this way better they do dumb shit like that instead of drinking or getting high and driving daddy’s 100mph boat and killing a whole Innocent family

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Nice bit of chest thumping...(rolleyes)
You ever stop to consider that maybe people are just tired of his constant thread jacking bullshit?
Guy's a phuking idiot.
:rolleyes: Would you like some Cheese to go with your Grads Whine? "You ever stop to consider that maybe people" don't need another thread jacking reminder of how you feel about Grads. We heard you the first 128 "Pontificating" times!

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
You are a hard working, family man. Great guy? Don't push it. . . LoL

stevesdcb

Reaction score
According to the RDP stats, there are 18,000 plus members on this site. The vast majority appear to be "ignoring", not posting or responding to certain shit stirring members, carry on to however you see fit.

rrrr

Reaction score
Ultimately I think it also has to do with how easily and quickly we can get and spread info with social media and every phone having video and cameras so we are hyper exposed to it.

That should make the practice slow down or stop, but instead it encourages people to do it themselves.

People between their late teens and thirty-something don't stop to think the result of their decision to jump could become binary...you either climb into the boat laughing, or someone's telling your mom you're dead.

I just wanna throw something out there. If you are driving the boat, you're the captain, and that has the exact same implications it has had for thousands of years.

Your are responsible for the safety of your vessel and crew. Your judgement is superior to others on board. If a crew member proposes to act in a manner which endangers themselves, the crew, or the vessel, it's up to you to use your experience and judgement to say no.

The most critical aspect you must oversee is when your crew is in contact with the water. For me, that means those wanting to go in the water must wear a PFD. The 22 lbs of flotation it provides is about the same amount as the weight of water displaced by the air in one's lungs. If that air is suddenly dispelled, the body no longer has positive bouyancy and will sink. Depending on the clarity of the water, that is probably the last time that person will be seen alive.

Cliff jumping holds the same risk. If the air in the lungs is explosively exhaled, the body is going to the bottom. The subject of this thread just "landed wrong", and he is dead. We know the simple act of jumping overboard without a PFD can result in incapacitation and death.

We know these things, because we have heard about them and have maybe been there to see it. Your guests may not have. We discuss the premature loss of life on RDP, yet the next day your passengers are swimming without a PFD.

Seize that authority you have, and act in the best interests of your guests or crew.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
That should make the practice slow down or stop, but instead it encourages people to do it themselves.

People between their late teens and thirty-something don't stop to think the result of their decision to jump could become binary...you either climb into the boat laughing, or someone's telling your mom you're dead.

I just wanna throw something out there. If you are driving the boat, you're the captain, and that has the exact same implications it has had for thousands of years.

Your are responsible for the safety of your vessel and crew. Your judgement is superior to others on board. If a crew member proposes to act in a manner which endangers themselves, the crew, or the vessel, it's up to you to use your experience and judgement to say no.

The most critical aspect you must oversee is when your crew is in contact with the water. For me, that means those wanting to go in the water must wear a PFD. The 22 lbs of flotation it provides is about the same amount as the weight of water displaced by the air in one's lungs. If that air is suddenly dispelled, the body no longer has positive bouyancy and will sink. Depending on the clarity of the water, that is probably the last time that person will be seen alive.

Cliff jumping holds the same risk. If the air in the lungs is explosively exhaled, the body is going to the bottom. The subject of this thread just "landed wrong", and he is dead. We know the simple act of jumping overboard without a PFD can result in incapacitation and death.

We know these things, because we have heard about them and have maybe been there to see it. Your guests may not have. We discuss the premature loss of life on RDP, yet the next day your passengers are swimming without a PFD.

Seize that authority you have, and act in the best interests of your guests or crew.
Thank you, well said.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score

Best post of the sad thread....
Ray

westair

Reaction score
What does it really matter at the end of the day. We all have a point of view and because his doesnt fit ours means nothing but another take on life. o_O
The difference is he doesn't really believe what he writes ..

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Lol I don't agree with Grad's 98.467893% of the time online but these thread derailments keep me entertained. He doesn't live very far from me, would I hang out with him and his crew? Probably. Would we laugh and take jabs about our differences? Ohh yeah. Do we give a F about our differences at the end of the day? Naaaaa. Shit talking and differences make for great times and laugh's. Gotta respect Greg flipping the "I'm triggered" game back on us righty-tightys

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Someone can be a hardworking great guy and an idiot at the same time... not saying you are, just saying. You can respect someone, but don’t have to like them.

Not everyone has to like everyone else. Just because you can be tasteless, doesn’t mean you can do so without impunity. It also does not mean you have to dislike or not respect (on some level) the person that is being tasteless.

Again, don’t expect GRADS to get banned permanently, he won’t be. I wouldn’t have any problem hanging out with him, even though he acts like a idiot on here sometimes.

Last edited: