WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

NFL Football and Direct TV CBS Issue

Socalx09

Reaction score
Directv sent me antennas to get channel 2. But, I also can get cbs live streaming on the firestick. Ask for the antennas and get your $10 a month off your bill while you can!

TeamGreene

Reaction score
I have had east and west network channels for a long time, don’t think they’re available anymore, my cbs east is still working. Shhhhhh

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Unfortunately, an antenna won't work in Santa Clarita.

Directv sent me antennas to get channel 2. But, I also can get cbs live streaming on the firestick. Ask for the antennas and get your $10 a month off your bill while you can!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Wow I didn’t even think about that. I’ve been missing Big Brother which isn’t the end of the world but football is a different story.:eek: I’m sure as hell not going to pay for the Ticket if half the games are blacked out.:mad:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Just another reason to GTFO of Kalifornia :eek:

I didn't know about this because I don't live in SoCal :cool::cool::cool:

Millions of AT&T and DirecTV customers across the country haven’t been able to watch CBS since July 20, a situation Triangle viewers have been dealing with even longer.

This latest dispute involves CBS-owned stations in markets like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, Detroit, Minneapolis, Miami, Denver, Sacramento, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

nameisbond

Reaction score
My CBS affiliate still works. I've lost two channels owned by CBS though. Their sports channel and the CW affiliate.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Another reason to cut the cord, I have been very happy with youtube TV. I just had to give my parents access to it because of a dispute between Dish and Discovery lost them their local fox sports affiliate for diamonbacks games

PlanB

Reaction score
We have Dish and have lost HBO, Cinemax and more recently the local Fox Sports that carries MLB. Sounds like both Dish and Direct suck!

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I hate Direct, gonna remind my hubby that we’re on the brink of football season (yeah :cool:) so he best make a decision :rolleyes:

Wait, maybe I won’t :p

I really don’t mind cuz he enjoys it. But I do hate Direct cuz of time difference on many channels that I watch.

GRADS

Reaction score

Not sure what this has to do with California. WhatDan?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Not sure what this has to do with California.

Apparently the only thing you're sure about is how to be a pile of shit on RDP

The affected markets include New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, Detroit, Minneapolis, Miami, Denver, Sacramento, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 11.34.17 PM.png

GRADS

Reaction score
Apparently the only thing you're sure about is how to be a pile of shit on RDP

The affected markets include New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, Detroit, Minneapolis, Miami, Denver, Sacramento, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

View attachment 784413
HUH? so how is this just a California problem WhatDan?

Cdog

Reaction score
They’re doing y’all a favor.

Go do something you’ll remember vrs watching a bunch of assholes chase balls.

Bear Down

Reaction score
Good Christ,

their chat system is not as good as it once, but thanks for the heads up, got a monthly discount because of you!! Plus the receiver...

only took an freaking hour of my desk time, but working during it
dtv.JPG

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Just bought a Fire TV Stick 4K from Amazon, arrives tomorrow. Hook up looks straight forward. Have others had success receiving CBS via a fire stick? Can you also receive the local CBS affiliate KCAL channel 9 on the stick?

Socalx09

Reaction score
Just bought a Fire TV Stick 4K from Amazon, arrives tomorrow. Hook up looks straight forward. Have others had success receiving CBS via a fire stick? Can you also receive the local CBS affiliate KCAL channel 9 on the stick?
CBS all access has a month free trial through the app when I used my firestick. I am hoping it’s resolved in that month.

Good Christ,

their chat system is not as good as it once, but thanks for the heads up, got a monthly discount because of you!! Plus the receiver...

View attachment 784502
Awesome!!! At least it wasn’t on the phone! I hate the phone customer service.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Direct TV better get the issue resolved with CBS and KCAL soon since pre-season football starts on Aug 8th
Dump DirecTV, get an Apple TV and the NFL package for $99. Problem solved

Socalx09

Reaction score
There is something called “sports tv.” 14.99 a month. Up to 3 devices streaming at the same time. A lot of channels. It works with your firestick. I set my mom up for it. It’s great and easy to use if people want an alternative to other online subscribers.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We called last week and got the same discount. They better give us the discount every month.

Good Christ,

View attachment 784502

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Amazon is now indicating only 7 days free for CBS All Access.

GRADS

Reaction score
Dump DirecTV, get an Apple TV and the NFL package for $99. Problem solved
Wait just a minute...Is this possible??? I thought the only way to get all the NFL games was through Directv and The Ticket? Are you sure about this??

Nordie

Reaction score
I bought this antenna and it works great. It's amplified, I think I picked up like 80 channels or something like that. I switch between this, and my Roku 4k, depending on what channel my team is playing on. I think it's 10 bucks a month on Sling TV for NFL redzone, at the end of the season I just cancel it.
Screenshot_20190807-155221_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Wait just a minute...Is this possible??? I thought the only way to get all the NFL games was through Directv and The Ticket? Are you sure about this??
Yup, only have it because the wife wants it. Otherwise I'd say fuck the NFL, they can kneel and suck my dick.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Called today, bitched about channel 9 and customer service, got a $25 a month discount for a year..

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
It's called NFL GamePass, so whatever is included in that. Like I said, if the wife didn't want it, I wouldn't have it. Fuck those overpaid America hating cunts.

GRADS

Reaction score
I'm not sure Barbara Streisand will be of much help. What part don't you believe?
Did I ever tell the story about the day we showed up at BAB'S door :eek::eek::eek:

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Did I ever tell the story about the day we showed up at BAB'S door :eek::eek::eek:
If you did, I missed it. Do tell...
Or are you going to make me wait for our next Tahoe trip together?

sirbob

Reaction score

Millions of AT&T and DirecTV customers across the country haven’t been able to watch CBS since July 20, a situation Triangle viewers have been dealing with even longer.

This latest dispute involves CBS-owned stations in markets like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, Detroit, Minneapolis, Miami, Denver, Sacramento, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

So I guess every body now has another reason to move out of ALL these places...
NewYork, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, Boston, Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle,Detroit, Minneapolis, Miami, Denver, Sacramento, Pittsburgh and Baltimore

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It knocked off Smithsonian channel too.
Wife watches their Hummingbirds of the Mojave kinda shows.

When Disney streaming gets up to speed we wonder what channels they own will vanish from Direct.
The Two Nat Geo channels are cool at times and Disney owns them and several others like ESPN.
On the road it may depend on how much bandwidth they burn up and how far 5g bandwidth restrictions gets shoved up our asses.

We did call ATT customer retention and got a healthy price break.
Last week ATT pulled new rope up the street and installed new equipment on the streets service spot.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Fuk Directv, been a customer of theirs pretty much over the last 20 years and if my bill started to go up I'd call and complain and they would pretty much cut in half for at least one year. I called them this past weekend to see if they could work on getting my billing down ($159 month) and they wanted to give me a $29 discount for one month, told them to shove that offer up their ass. I'm done overpaying for their services. I've got a stream box, smart tv's, Roku, Netflix, Amazon prime, etc. so I don't need their shitty overpriced services.

Oh, and I installed the same antenna as Nordie did and get excellent reception on about 75 channels.

screenshot_20190807-155221_amazon-20shopping-jpg.784662

SCV2RVR

Reaction score
Fuk Directv, been a customer of theirs pretty much over the last 20 years and if my bill started to go up I'd call and complain and they would pretty much cut in half for at least one year. I called them this past weekend to see if they could work on getting my billing down ($159 month) and they wanted to give me a $29 discount for one month, told them to shove that offer up their ass. I'm done overpaying for their services. I've got a stream box, smart tv's, Roku, Netflix, Amazon prime, etc. so I don't need their shitty overpriced services.

Oh, and I installed the same antenna as Nordie did and get excellent reception on about 75 channels.

I cut the cord at our place in Needles and got rid of Direct Tv and put up an antenna. I get like 50 channels (some repeat ones) but enough to watch some basic news, sports, etc. We live in Santa Clarita and can't get one channel with an antenna.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We have the Winegard digital antenna in the new RV.
Full HD - excellent.
Have to reload the channel line up search each town but it’s fantastic.
Usually more watchable shows on it than Direct.

oldschool

Reaction score
Thought I was going to watch Charger preseason game last night, well think again. NFL. Network blacked it out because we are local, WTF, I'm in central California. Then Direct TV and the local provider for CBS and NBC don't have a deal, fuck off, I'm canceling Direct TV as soon as I can. It happened with Motocross and a couple other things I wanted to watch. Done with their bullshit. Thinking about going to YouTube TV, plus we watch stuff on our FireStick most of the time anyway. I cannot wait till the poor kid trying to sell Direct TV at Costco approaches me, I'm going to give grumpy old man a whole new meaning.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Thought I was going to watch Charger preseason game last night, well think again. NFL. Network blacked it out because we are local, WTF, I'm in central California. Then Direct TV and the local provider for CBS and NBC don't have a deal, fuck off, I'm canceling Direct TV as soon as I can. It happened with Motocross and a couple other things I wanted to watch. Done with their bullshit. Thinking about going to YouTube TV, plus we watch stuff on our FireStick most of the time anyway. I cannot wait till the poor kid trying to sell Direct TV at Costco approaches me, I'm going to give grumpy old man a whole new meaning.
:D

Socalx09

Reaction score
I called on the 6th again since I saw they raised their rates on the NFL Sunday Max to 65.99 a month on my bill. This was before the CBS contracts was finalized. I told them I want to cancel because I can’t even watch football on cbs without switching over to the antenna and I can’t pause or record. My team is in the AFC (mainly cbs) so I watch a lot of AFC games. I didn’t even have to get transferred and they offered me free NFL Sunday max ticket. I accepted. The man said they lost a lot of people during the CBS shutdown and since it was a channel removed, the customer didn’t have to pay early cancellation fees.

I guess I got lucky on the timing since CBS is back on.

D4EFE467-954F-4517-B78E-E85523C6A3EF.jpeg

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score

Anyone know if this would work in Lake Havasu?