WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Splat

f12517

Reaction score
Ouch, good way to suffer a concussion....my daughter face planted on her wakeboard like that and ended up with a concussion for her troubles.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Yup in my youth I’ve done that a few times myself. Now I play it safe and drink beer instead.

You can still get a BUI while waterskiing with a beer in your hand.
Not that I have ever tried it.

Dan'l

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Yeah, the first time I tried wakeboarding, I did that. I was going pretty good for a while and went to turn and dipped the front rail, WHAM! Like a rat trap. I was done for the day after that.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Early 80's a couple of my buddies and I would leave work (La Mirada) on a Friday about 2:30pm and make a beeline for marine stadium to Slalom Ski. Not once but twice within a 16 month period I ate it hard and bruised my ribs both times. Needles to say I stopped getting crazy after that.

badluck

Reaction score
My kids have taken many of those. I’ve tried putting them in helmets but I’m not convinced that helps. I think it actually makes it worse. Those crashes are huge set backs.

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score
On a lighter note, I thought this was funny as hell and if you knew the person involved you would find it even funnier(as I do)

BTW that is her woohooing just before the plant

Boat 405

Reaction score
My nephew took a hard spill like that at Lake Powell last yr. Had to Life Flight him to Provo to a level one trauma center. He's ok but the flight alone was settled by the insurance at $47,000.00 ! Yep you're reading it right! FORTY SEVEN THOUSAND. Flight was one hour and twenty minutes long. They had him on a straight board with a neck brace and an IV. I about shit when the bill came because it was originally billed at over $80,000.00 Fucking crooks.
Because of the drag boat racing I have insurance just for life flight. $85 per year. Easily decision. It includes all members of my family.