WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Time for new drop in BBQ. Where? Brand?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Mine is done. 15 years, not bad
Its a 40" drop in. Anyone know a good place in socal? These things are all over the map on pricing and sizes.
Looking at a lyon as the best option so far

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
What’s done about it?

Most grills have rebuild/upgrade parts available pretty cheap. I have cheap char-grilled, and just replaced the burners/tents, and brackets with all stainless for under $30.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Ive aleady done a rebuild. Its just time. Im ok with getting a new one.
15 years was a good run. Ha

XClutchboy725

Reaction score
The guy redoing my backyard quoted my BBQ island with a Lyon. I checked them out online and they look to be pretty nice!

Icky

Reaction score
We bought the lion 40", cant tell you much about it cause it's been in the box for 6 months :(

I will say that it we decided on it over the blaze because it disassembled further for cleaning than the blaze. The blaze had led back lit knobs but I was told they burn out frequently.

I looked at the Memphis built in smoker/grill, even asked a few questions about them here. And decided it was right for me, I could always buy a separate smoker later. Not to mention they're expensive

riverroyal

Reaction score
We bought the lion 40", cant tell you much about it cause it's been in the box for 6 months :(

I will say that it we decided on it over the blaze because it disassembled further for cleaning than the blaze. The blaze had led back lit knobs but I was told they burn out frequently.

I looked at the Memphis built in smoker/grill, even asked a few questions about them here. And decided it was right for me, I could always buy a separate smoker later. Not to mention they're expensive
In the box, wanna sell it? Ha
Thanks for the reply. Good info on being able to clean

riverroyal

Reaction score
Expensive. No joke. $2000 for these is on the low end. Pretty ridiculous the mark up

CobraDave

Reaction score
I’ve had a Lyon for about 5 years. Im very happy with the quality and how it’s held up. All stainless still stuff. Totally rebuildable. Has a matter of fact I’ve had zero issues. I just have to figure out how to keep the cover from blowing off during windy season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icky

Reaction score
In the box, wanna sell it? Ha
Thanks for the reply. Good info on being able to clean
Nope, finally got everything ready for my final on my patio. Once that done I'm fabricating the island. I will say that we bought ours in Februaryish from a smaller place that does island etc. The owner told us in a couple of weeks they were going to be raising prices since summer was coming

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I have a 36” Lyon. It’s good but not great. Still has hot spots and even upgraded to ceramic rods to help with heat retention. I also add the searing burner, but it didn’t last 8 months and started to fall apart.

Next will be a DCS or similar. My dad has rebuilt his DCS unit 3x’s in 18yrs and it’s still a great BBQ. Nice and hot and even cooking.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Fabricating the island...i did mine 15 years ago. Its block with a conrete top. The block is stucco and paint. The damn salts from the block joints still screw up the stucco. Ive sealed the block etc etc.
If i build another island some day it will be metal stud

Reactions: mjc

T frog

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Bull? Seem like a nice grill for a good price..

Icky

Reaction score
Fabricating the island...i did mine 15 years ago. Its block with a conrete top. The block is stucco and paint. The damn salts from the block joints still screw up the stucco. Ive sealed the block etc etc.
If i build another island some day it will be metal stud
Stainless steel tubing frame :)

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
Fire Magic https://www.firemagicgrills.com/

House Remodel1.jpg

DB / HAV

Reaction score
I really like the fire magic, the glass to see how stuff is cooking is great. Easy to take apart to clean and parts available when needed.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
My Fire Magic turned to a corroded pos in 2 years. Go TEC if you want the best.

That's not good..
My grille is going on 10 years now and its as good today as when it was new.
It's not exposed to the elements and is also covered when not in use so maybe that's the difference?
001 (10).JPG

81Sprint

Reaction score
When i built mine, i went with a BroilChef, got it on wayfair. Works flawless
bbq.jpg

boat527

Reaction score
Mine is done. 15 years, not bad
Its a 40" drop in. Anyone know a good place in socal? These things are all over the map on pricing and sizes.
Looking at a lyon as the best option so far

boat527

Reaction score
TEC
Lynx
Firemagic
DCS

All pretty stout

Use a magnet when checking stainless

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
My Weber summit built in is at least ten years old and going strong. Came with the house. Thing cooks bitchen.

Baja Pete

Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy... I have been looking online and everything seems to be close to the same price.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
pops has a firemagic at his place in socal. It is absolutely tits. Thing gets super hot super fast and cooks stuff in a hurry.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
My TEC Sterling was a great grill. 20 years and still grilling... too bad it’s at the Temecula house I sold lol.

BBQs Galore was a good place local in So Cal.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Stainless, 304, slightly magnetic and will rust, quickly if you clean with bleach.
316, very lo carbon. Hospital and surgical grade tools are made from 316. Will not rust. Not magnetic at all. Very expensive. Top of the line.

riverroyal

Reaction score
My TEC Sterling was a great grill. 20 years and still grilling... too bad it’s at the Temecula house I sold lol.

Current bbq is a bbq galore grand turbo. 15 years old. The replacement is $4000. Yeah thats a bit much to bbq in my yard.
Im actually never going to build a island again.

kiwi77

Reaction score

TEC still sells parts for bbq’s they made in the 60’s. They have a patent on their infrared technology.
Ruth Christ’s uses TEC in all their restraunts.