WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dallas, TX area info requests

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Looking into a possible move to the Dallas area. I'm able to keep my job. Wife is a homemaker and will stay as such. The wife is on-board with it (pending a visit or two), and one of our two daughters is very on-board with the plan. Wife wants a new home, and our budget is up to $400k. Looking at the North Dallas area, as most of the clients I would visit are in Plano, Richardson, Addison and general area. There would be some travel to Austin, Houston, and San Antonio via car or air (depending), and DFW would be used for travel in the midwest. I've been to Dallas area dozens of times over the last 17 years, so mostly know the area in terms of getting around and what to expect.

Info that would be greatly appreciated:
- Good school districts of north Dallas area within our housing budget (our kids will be 4th and 5th grade for school year 2020-2021).
- Cities of north Dallas (may go hand in hand with the School districts?)
- Utility rates for electric and gas.
- Newer vehicle registration fees (especially when compared to California). Seems there's a base of $50 or $54 base, plus $10-$30 local fee, and $20-$25 total safety inspection fees? Cars 25 years and over there is no smog?
- Auto and Home Owner's insurance (especially when compared to California)
- Are property tax rates generally in the 2%-3% range?

Thank you.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
No input but will follow this thread. We’ve been talking LOTS about doing the move.

Don’t know much about anything you've posted but property tax varies by county. Looked at house around Austin and it’s not uncommon to be 12-15k a year but with no state tax

Cdog

Reaction score
Frisco & Mckinny are great areas. Frisco has awesome schools. If you can go further South west Flower mound is more rural, pretty & less crowded.

I’m in the area 6+ times a year for racing. So many great friends and awesome people I know there.

I’ve got a good racing friend Phil Green who’s a C21 agent that can help you out. Lmk.

Last edited:

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I will be there end of the month. You g to be renting for awhile. Would like to buy a house, but I want to make sure the new job sticks 1st.

Singleton

Reaction score
McKinney meets your requirements.
Will be hard to get new construction in Plano under 500k

rrrr

Reaction score
I've lived in Plano for 30 years. I prefer it over Frisco and McKinney because the established neighborhoods have trees and seem friendlier. However, there are few new homes because the city is almost built out.

Look in Collin County. Largest tax bases, good municipal and county government (the state won't bother you either :D ). Access to DFW airport is easy via the Sam Rayburn tollway (Hwy 121) or George HW Bush Tollway.

You can buy an existing 4000 SF house for about $500K. Nice new 4000 SF homes in good neighborhoods in Frisco, Allen, Prosper, and Anna (all north) are closer to $550-650K. The new $400K homes are usually 3400 SF and a bit farther out, Prosper or Anna. Prosper, Frisco, and Plano have access to the North Dallas Tollway. Allen, McKinney, and Anna are on Hwy 75, pretty bad traffic, but there's also Hwy 121. It's not bad.

Electric- 13¢/kWh Gas- Cheap. I have 2 water heaters and a gas cooktop, our bill is around $35/month

Vehicles- https://www.collincountytx.gov/tax_assessor/vehicles/Pages/new_resident.aspx

Smog- https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality/mobilesource/vim/overview.html

Home insurance- $500K coverage/$400K contents/State standard policy about $3000/year 1% deductible.

Car insurance- I'm paying about $2200 for three cars, it's time to look around.

Standard homeowner's policy- https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAJegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2CtwDZMxMDUY-ZDj9_LjkT

Taxes-

Collin County Community College: $0.0812

City of Plano: $0.4603

Plano Independent School District: $1.4390

County: $0.1808

Schools- Plano, Allen, McKinney, Prosper, and Frisco are all good.

Hope this helps.

I forgot...Lakes all over the place.

Last edited:

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Generally everything except for RE Tax’s is going to be much less than California. However Texas does not have Prop 13 type tax limits. Be prepared to have your house reassessed yearly at full value. This is typical in most states outside of California.

RedSoloCup

Reaction score
rrrr has a good run down of things in the north DFW area. If you do go a bit north to Prosper, Celina it's more rural, land and housing is less. If looking for new construction seek out spec homes that has been sitting for a few months. I live in the Canyon Falls community in Argyle, close to Texas Motor Speedway. There are some spec homes here that have been setting for more than a year and they are some great deals.
Try to find a house that has CoServ utilities. CoServ is a co-op. The electric and gas rates are lower and you get a profit share each year usually around $120. Their electric is 0.09/KWH and gas is 0.74/ccf.
I don't know about CA but real estate tax aint cheap. We do not have state income tax.
Good luck in your move, and welcome to Texas!

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Thank you for the details in regards to costs. very helpful.

I live outside of Fresno, CA, in a rural town of 25,000, so our house isn't a gold mine like a Bay Area or L.A/Orange County home. I bought in 2006, and it recently almost came back to where I bought, but has now decreased in value again (along with general market forces, land a stone throw away was recently re-zoned to high density residential through force by the state, which isn't helping the neighborhood prices). We have to drive to Fresno or Clovis for just about everything, which is slightly annoying. I can deal with commuting daily from a little ways out (I can expense mileage/tolls, etc.). Just want good schools and access to stores/shopping, etc.

Our price max is $400k, maybe $425k. Four beds, 2500 sq ft and 3-car garage. Don't need a big house.

Any input on the 35W corridor north of Fort Worth, south and north of the Texas Motor Speedway? Looks like RedSoloCup is around that area. I stayed across from TMS on one trip and commuted to Flower Mound for an audit and it wasn't too bad. That was in 2012 though. I'd imagine a commute from TMS area to Richardson would be a drag in morning/evening commute?

Cdog

Reaction score
Thank you for the details in regards to costs. very helpful.

I live outside of Fresno, CA, in a rural town of 25,000, so our house isn't a gold mine like a Bay Area or L.A/Orange County home. I bought in 2006, and it recently almost came back to where I bought, but has now decreased in value again (along with general market forces, land a stone throw away was recently re-zoned to high density residential through force by the state, which isn't helping the neighborhood prices). We have to drive to Fresno or Clovis for just about everything, which is slightly annoying. I can deal with commuting daily from a little ways out (I can expense mileage/tolls, etc.). Just want good schools and access to stores/shopping, etc.

Our price max is $400k, maybe $425k. Four beds, 2500 sq ft and 3-car garage. Don't need a big house.

Any input on the 35W corridor north of Fort Worth, south and north of the Texas Motor Speedway? Looks like RedSoloCup is around that area. I stayed across from TMS on one trip and commuted to Flower Mound for an audit and it wasn't too bad. That was in 2012 though. I'd imagine a commute from TMS area to Richardson would be a drag in morning/evening commute?

The last guy to paint my tx race car is an aircraft mechanic out of the civi airport there in Flower mound area/Roanoke. Real close to the speedway. I believe you'll find what you want at that price point in that area.

SPYLIFE

Reaction score
Checkout Argyle, specially a great little neighborhood called Harvest. Right down the road from the Speedway. That area is exploding. All brand new, great schools, and the prices are decent right now.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Most information on here is correct. But in my case i say get out as far as you can within your wants for commut and what not. Reason being is the Metroplex is like any good quality areas moving out further and further into the country. All the schools in the areas in cities listed above are excellent mostly 9 or 10 out of 10. We are in a small town west of Fort Worth in Springtown. You get very spoiled very quick as far as the amount of people on the roads and in local businesses and areas. Our city has 3500 in its population so it is definitely small town feel. I drove into Celina and McKinney the other day to pick up a barbecue and that was too much traffic for me already.

I have family that live in Argyle and have lived in Flower Mound to which are nice cities but still heavily built with tract homes unless you have millions of dollars to purchase a ranch in the middle of a suburb! Both have incredibly good schools in use 35 to get in and out of town none of the highways are as busy as Southern California but they do get traffic during morning and afternoon commutes.

The farther you get out of the Metroplex area the cheaper your taxes will be. Our tax rate is 1.5 in our area. Closer to Metroplex will be two-point and above.

As far as the insurance goes yes it's higher your house insurance your car insurance all insurance is higher depending on what your plan is and what you have they could be substantial reason being every thing has to have storm damage coverage which increasingly makes your price go up. these are two things you definitely have to shop out. we went with a company out of Texas with our homeowners insurance and stayed with AAA for automobile you can get a quote from them over the phone
Several members on here have good information and @terrax2 was very helpful and informative especially for the areas that we were moving to west of Fort Worth. If you have any questions that I can help out with you just PM me.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Everything costs less, except property taxes. I think they are working on a bill now to reduce residential property taxes.

No state income tax
Lower cost of fuel
Lower cost of energy (my one bedroom apartment in Austin, electric (A/C) was never over $100, running 24/7 in the summer).
Groceries are cheaper (don’t know why)
Liquor is cheaper

And you got girls.....short skirts and cowboy boots.....all day and all night on 6th St in Austin!

RedSoloCup

Reaction score
Hey bowtiejunkie. If you have to go to Richardson, Plano, McKinney every morning. Stay in that area. My head just exploded with the thought of driving over there from Argyle or the 35W corridor. Even with tollroads it would be an arse whip. Then again I work from home so anytime I get into rush hour traffic my head explodes.
If the max is 425K, you can find some new construction and pre-existing in McKinney. You can also check out Providence village and the other new home communities along Hwy 380 that goes from Denton to McKinney. I think those are in the Lewisville ISD which is also good. Everything up there is new. There will be lots of shopping and stuff to do.
If you decide on this side of town stay out of the Harvest community or anywhere that goes to the Northwest ISD. One of my neighbors moved from Harvest to get out of Northwest ISD. Best schools on this side of the metroplex are Argyle, Flower Mound, Keller. They are great schools with good athletics programs.
Good Luck!

PDQH2O

Reaction score
Bear in mind that the farther out (rural) you go, the more difficult internet connectivity becomes.

It's a small price to pay for a great location in a great state.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Bear in mind that the farther out (rural) you go, the more difficult internet connectivity becomes.

It's a small price to pay for a great location in a great state.
Dealing with this currently!

PDQH2O

Reaction score
Dealing with this currently!
We get Hughesnet or Viasat until fiber is installed in the next couple of years. One of my new neighbors recommended Nextlink for service. All are pricey and few can get you decent speeds.

Last edited:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I visited my friends a few years ago. He worked in Fort Worth and she worked in Dallas. Colleville was in the middle. Nice homes there.

hawgty55

Reaction score
We get Hughesnet or Viasat until fiber is installed in the next couple of years. One of my new neighbors recommended Nextlink for service. All are pricey and few can get you decent speeds.
Just had nextlink installed yesterday seems to be doing fine for what we use it for.

72Hondo

Reaction score
In fort worth, just west of TMS near the golf course. Personally, I like living out further. I moved away from CA 8 years ago to get away from dense cities and neighbor hoods.

I commute to DFW, 20-25 mins. The girl friend to Love Field, 45-50 mins. Even in dead rush hour your still moving at a decent speed. Absolutely nothing like CA.

Life is just better, all the way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wash11

Reaction score
My oldest daughter moved to Mansfield last year and with the grandbaby we are spending plenty of time out there. I thought the cheap auto registration was cool till I started getting the toll bills. Now I understand how those nice roads are paid for! As someone else stated, property tax is pretty high- they have a 400k home and taxes are $800+ monthly.
In all, we really enjoy our trips out there and it's no doubt a HUGE improvement over socal living.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
An update to my thread. I’ve obtained official approval from my manager to relocate to Texas. The family on all points is ok with it. It basically boils down to the wife actually liking Dallas area. I think she’s ready to move regardless. Lol. We’re flying out first week of October to look around, specially Prosper area as it fits our budget and seems to be up and coming based on posts here and our Google searches.

Lots of moving parts. I’m not quite sure how it’ll all shake out, but we’re proceeding with a move to Texas. I’d rather live where there is better weather, but I’m tiring of California by the day and Texas is great for my job and family life balance.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
That’s awesome[emoji106]

It’s not perfect here, and it likely isn’t for everyone...but we absolutely love it [emoji106][emoji106]

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
An update to my thread. I’ve obtained official approval from my manager to relocate to Texas. The family on all points is ok with it. It basically boils down to the wife actually liking Dallas area. I think she’s ready to move regardless. Lol. We’re flying out first week of October to look around, specially Prosper area as it fits our budget and seems to be up and coming based on posts here and our Google searches.

Lots of moving parts. I’m not quite sure how it’ll all shake out, but we’re proceeding with a move to Texas. I’d rather live where there is better weather, but I’m tiring of California by the day and Texas is great for my job and family life balance.
Great news.....We moved to Atlanta years back for a few years. Best move we made was to lease a home for 1st year to get a true lay of the land. It proved to be the best way to do it as homes and areas we thought were right for us, all had issues. That year put us where all factors worked best for us.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Another update...Some progress, some bumps, and more excitement ahead. A little reading material for those bored or otherwise...

The wife and I traveled to Dallas first week of October for 4 nights/5 days. It was mid-90s and some humidity, but she was digging it. We basically concentrated our search for new homes in Prosper, TX due to budget, location, and well some of the responses within this thread. I slept like crap every night worried sick out of my mind; are we doing the right thing, will the kids be ok (my #1 concern really), will our families be able to visit, can we even pull this effort off???). Damn, it sucked. But, we kept mounting the steed (rental car) and beating the trail looking for our new homestead. I showed her around a bit since I know the Dallas area well enough to just point the wheel and go. She liked it a lot. Some BBQ, the Nebraska Furniture Mart, South Fork Ranch, Fort Worth, Downtown Dallas. Didn't do a ton of stuff, as we needed to find a house. She kept saying "I want to move here". Ok, well, that's good!

So, we bugged a few builders pretty good. Turned over all aspects as best we could, looked like stalkers, went through one floor plan 4 times, then said this is it, we're doing it. Ending up putting earnest money down on a new home in Prosper (has not broken ground yet). We're in the last phase of a community that has been in existence since early 2010s (as far as I can tell). So pretty well established, people appear to have pride in their homes, and no junk cars, travel trailers, etc. cluttering up the streets, or driveways. Plus, the new Prosper High School football stadium is walking distance. Ended up with a 2-story, 4 bd/3.5 baths, study, formal dining room, 3-car garage, on a 9,000+ sq. ft. lot. Right at 2800 sq. ft. Signed the purchase agreement, then hit a local watering hole in Prosper (The Gin). Damn, this feels good, hey, this beer is tasting great too. After a few, said f-it, lets email the sales guy and add the media room. So, we ended up at 3,094 sq. ft. of house. lol. The wife and I travel back to Dallas next week to visit the design studio and pick out all the options and upgrades for the house.

I traveled on business to Dallas two weeks ago. Was working East of downtown Dallas a few miles. One night I left the client at 5:30 and took Plano Parkway to (name escapes me road), over to Custer, and north to Prosper Trail north of 380. Took 1 hour 15 minutes from client to our dirt lot. Hell, that's not bad at all, compared to driving out of the Bay Area at 5:30pm on any given night. That's probably the worst commute I'd have to do time and distance wise to a client, and only 3 days a week.

So, if you're still reading, we're set to move end of June 2020. Hit a bump in the road with HR, which was unexpected, but it's being worked out. Now, on to prepping our house for sale and all the other items involved in moving life from one state to another. To be continued....

BajaMike

Reaction score
Another update...Some progress, some bumps, and more excitement ahead. A little reading material for those bored or otherwise...

The wife and I traveled to Dallas first week of October for 4 nights/5 days. It was mid-90s and some humidity, but she was digging it. We basically concentrated our search for new homes in Prosper, TX due to budget, location, and well some of the responses within this thread. I slept like crap every night worried sick out of my mind; are we doing the right thing, will the kids be ok (my #1 concern really), will our families be able to visit, can we even pull this effort off???). Damn, it sucked. But, we kept mounting the steed (rental car) and beating the trail looking for our new homestead. I showed her around a bit since I know the Dallas area well enough to just point the wheel and go. She liked it a lot. Some BBQ, the Nebraska Furniture Mart, South Fork Ranch, Fort Worth, Downtown Dallas. Didn't do a ton of stuff, as we needed to find a house. She kept saying "I want to move here". Ok, well, that's good!

So, we bugged a few builders pretty good. Turned over all aspects as best we could, looked like stalkers, went through one floor plan 4 times, then said this is it, we're doing it. Ending up putting earnest money down on a new home in Prosper (has not broken ground yet). We're in the last phase of a community that has been in existence since early 2010s (as far as I can tell). So pretty well established, people appear to have pride in their homes, and no junk cars, travel trailers, etc. cluttering up the streets, or driveways. Plus, the new Prosper High School football stadium is walking distance. Ended up with a 2-story, 4 bd/3.5 baths, study, formal dining room, 3-car garage, on a 9,000+ sq. ft. lot. Right at 2800 sq. ft. Signed the purchase agreement, then hit a local watering hole in Prosper (The Gin). Damn, this feels good, hey, this beer is tasting great too. After a few, said f-it, lets email the sales guy and add the media room. So, we ended up at 3,094 sq. ft. of house. lol. The wife and I travel back to Dallas next week to visit the design studio and pick out all the options and upgrades for the house.

I traveled on business to Dallas two weeks ago. Was working East of downtown Dallas a few miles. One night I left the client at 5:30 and took Plano Parkway to (name escapes me road), over to Custer, and north to Prosper Trail north of 380. Took 1 hour 15 minutes from client to our dirt lot. Hell, that's not bad at all, compared to driving out of the Bay Area at 5:30pm on any given night. That's probably the worst commute I'd have to do time and distance wise to a client, and only 3 days a week.

So, if you're still reading, we're set to move end of June 2020. Hit a bump in the road with HR, which was unexpected, but it's being worked out. Now, on to prepping our house for sale and all the other items involved in moving life from one state to another. To be continued....

Congratulations! You’ll love Texas. I have lived in Calif most of my life, with time in New Orleans and Huntsville, Alabama and I got a 90 day consulting gig in Austin, which turned into 6 year fantastic job, and I loved it.

I’m back in Calif 5 years now and will be going to Texas probably when I’m done here. I love the South, the people, the laws and the lifestyle.

pronstar

Reaction score
Congrats!
We love Texas [emoji1071]
And I’m sure y’all will, too [emoji106]

Start practicing saying y’all...it’s one syllable [emoji4]

rrrr

Reaction score
Congrats!
We love Texas [emoji1071]
And I’m sure y’all will, too [emoji106]

Start practicing saying y’all...it’s one syllable [emoji4]

And you have to use the correct modifier for that pronoun. If you're addressing one person and no one else is involved in the conversation, the correct form of the pronoun is the singular y'all:

"When are y'all coming over?"

If you're in the same situation, but addressing a group of people, the subject pronoun form is plural, all y'all:

"Are all y'all coming to the BBQ on Saturday?"

Correct usage of the proper pronoun modifier usually becomes second nature in a short time. In just a few months, you will become proficient in the Texas idiom, and you'll also develop an accent that will make you sound like a native Texan faster than Hillary Clinton walking into a black Baptist Church and switching on her blackcent.

The correct usage of the Texan idiom will start rolling off your tongue in just a few days. You'll learn the spelling and pronunciation of common words like bob war (barbed wire), lat bub (light bulb),

Learning the proper pronunciation of Texas place names and common nouns will make you sound like a native of Cut and Shoot, Dime Box, or Zipperlandville, Texas.

So all y'all need to get started on this right now.

Last edited:

pronstar

Reaction score
And you have to use the correct modifier for that pronoun. If you're addressing one person and no one else is involved in the conversation, the correct form of the pronoun is the singular y'all:

"When are y'all coming over?"

If you're in the same situation, but addressing a group of people, the subject pronoun form is plural, all y'all:

"Are all y'all coming to the BBQ on Saturday?"

Correct usage of the proper pronoun modifier usually becomes second nature in a short time. In just a few months, you will become proficient in the Texas idiom, and you'll also develop an accent that will make you sound like a native Texan faster than Hillary Clinton walking into a black Baptist Church and switching on her blackcent.

The correct usage of the Texan idiom will start rolling off your tongue in just a few days. You'll learn the spelling and pronunciation of common words like bob war (barbed wire), lat bub (light bulb),

Learning the proper pronunciation of Texas place names and common nouns will make you sound like a native of Cut and Shoot, Dime Box, or Zipperlandville, Texas.

So all y'all need to get started on this right now.

14A4E391-0C10-407A-BE51-A6490F3FFA46-2624-000002A871D7765F.png

It took me a while to pronounce Fort Worth like a local...with the emphasis on Fort, not Worth.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
And don't forget to work on the most famous Texas word.....Col'beer

"Dammit y'all, I need me a col'beer…..":D
I thought the most famous Texas word was "Fixin" All I heard when I was there was: I'm "fixin" to get me a beer. We're Fixin to go to store or I'm fixin to take a shit. Maybe they don't use it as much or it all got "Fixed".:D

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I thought the most famous Texas word was "Fixin" All I heard when I was there was: I'm "fixin" to get me a beer. We're Fixin to go to store or I'm fixin to take a shit. Maybe they don't use it as much or it all got "Fixed".:D
Oh it's well used......"I'm fixin' to drink me another col'beer.....";)

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Thanks for the congrats all y’all. Lol. Did I get that right??

Picked out the options and upgrades last week in Dallas and now sit and wait for the house to be built. My manager worked out the HR bump, so super happy how it turned out.

Now have to switch gears and work towards selling our current house. Having never sold a house before I really have no idea what to do, other than find a realtor, which don’t even know how to do that. Lol. I guess I’ll find out real quick!!

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score

Picked out the options and upgrades last week in Dallas and now sit and wait for the house to be built. My manager worked out the HR bump, so super happy how it turned out.

Now have to switch gears and work towards selling our current house. Having never sold a house before I really have no idea what to do, other than find a realtor, which don’t even know how to do that. Lol. I guess I’ll find out real quick!!
You will love it there. Aside from the humidity, it is a very prosperous place to live. My sister has been there for over 25 years and never looked back. They live in Allen and two years ago bought a lake house on Cedar Creek Reservoir.

72Hondo

Reaction score

Is the builder Horton?

There’s a damn good restaurant on 380 in crossroads, Prairie house I think it is.

If you need me to stop by and take pictures during the building process let me know. It’s not terribly far away from me, plus gives me an excuse to go to Prairie house.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Is the builder Horton?

There’s a damn good restaurant on 380 in crossroads, Prairie house I think it is.

If you need me to stop by and take pictures during the building process let me know. It’s not terribly far away from me, plus gives me an excuse to go to Prairie house.

Beazer Homes. In the Lakes of Prosper community. Looks like it’s 20 minutes from that Prairie House restaurant.

I may have to take you up on the pictures during construction process. That would be great. I’d make it worth your time via gas/beer/food $$. It should break ground soon as the deadline for design/upgrade items is coming up next week.

hawgty55

Reaction score

No.

Thanks y'all. see the simplicity

So far has been great for us. Get here asap.

72Hondo

Reaction score
Beazer Homes. In the Lakes of Prosper community. Looks like it’s 20 minutes from that Prairie House restaurant.

I may have to take you up on the pictures during construction process. That would be great. I’d make it worth your time via gas/beer/food $$. It should break ground soon as the deadline for design/upgrade items is coming up next week.

I always liked stopping by during the build process

IMG_0238.JPG
IMG_2189.JPG

There was a lot in between lol

PDQH2O

Reaction score
Is the builder Horton?

There’s a good restaurant on 380 in crossroads, Prairie house I think it is.

There are quite a few good restaurants pretty close to the Lakes at Prosper.

Prosper - Preston & 380
Typical national chains like Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, others.

McKinney
Hutchins BBQ 380/east of I75. get there early, gets real busy at dinner time.
Rick's Chop House on the Square. Higher end place.
Harvest also on the Square. Another fine dining place.

Celina
Lucy's on the Square. Casual,friendly good food and service. Can get busy.
Papa Gallo's. On Square Mexican grill, good food, service.
Tender Smokehouse. On Square, very good but I prefer Hutchins in McKinney.
Burger Fixins. Good Texas burgers, served with tots or fries. Service can be a bit slow at times.
Big Hairy Snowballs - not been there, might be seasonal
Toasted Walnut - good reviews, no personal experience

This place gets better and better each week.

rrrr

Reaction score
[QUOTE="PDQH2O, post: 3527784, member:]
McKinney
Hutchins BBQ 380/east of I75. get there early, gets real busy at dinner time.
[/QUOTE]

Hutchin's has kick ass BBQ.

Last edited: