WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CHP shooting / 215 Riverside

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Any veteran police officer could tell you how this could have been prevented and the officer could have survived. Not the time and place to do it. R.I. P.

100%
The inverse of this happened in the late 80’s with the same agaency in Fullerton.
I grew up with the widow of that murder.

Roaddawg

Reaction score
100%
The inverse of this happened in the late 80’s with the same agaency in Fullerton.
I grew up with the widow of that murder.
Don Burt?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

500bbc

Reaction score
Dear 11-99 Foundation Members & Friends,

We are deeply saddened to report the tragic loss of CHP Riverside Area Motor Officer Andre Moye, Jr., who was shot and killed on August 12, 2019 while conducting a traffic stop near I-215 in Riverside. Two other CHP officers responding to the scene were struck by gunfire during the shootout, initiated by the driver of the vehicle. All three officers were transported to Riverside County Regional Medical Center. Sadly, Officer Moye succumbed to his injuries. He was 34 years old and had been a CHP officer serving the Riverside community for nearly three years, having graduated from the CHP Academy in March 2017. He leaves behind his wife, Sara, his parents, sisters, and brothers.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, colleagues and friends, as well as with the other responding officers who were injured in the shooting. Please know that the CHP 11-99 Foundation will be providing assistance in the amount of $50,000 to Officer Moye’s widow, Sara. We also stand ready to assist the other two brave CHP officers involved in the incident as their needs are made clear in the coming days.

I am devastated by the tragedy that unfolded earlier in Riverside,” CHP Commissioner Warren Stanley said in a tweet Monday. “Tonight, I mourn the loss of one of our own, CHP Officer Andre Moye, who was killed during a shootout following a traffic stop. Prayers go out to all, including the responding officers injured in the shooting.”

To read more and view the press conference from CHP Inland Division Assistant Chief Scott Parker, click here.

If you would like to make a donation to the 11-99 Foundation in memory of Officer Moye, you may do so online at www.chp11-99.org/donate or mail a check payable to CHP 11-99 Foundation - 2244 N State College Blvd Fullerton CA 92831. Donations received will help to replenish our emergency and death benefits fund from which we draw when these tragedies occur.

Our most sincere thanks for your continued support, which sustains our mission of providing immediate assistance to CHP families.

-The CHP 11-99 Foundation Board & Staff

MSum661

Reaction score
I did not see the video, it asked for Facebook login. I don't really know if I want to see it. I hope to not ever witness another gunfight. You mentioned training. What could this officer do in this case? I don't know where he was positioned at the onset, but in looking at the area he was in, there doesn't seem to be any cover. He was out gunned, and in the open it seems. I hope you don't take this as offensive, by no means do I want anyone to think that I feel the officers made any mistakes. I just would like to know what, if anything, could have changed the outcome. The only thing I could see doing is trying to fire rounds in an attempt to suppress fire, while trying to get to cover...and that happening as a suicidal aggressor is closing. I say suicidal, but the guy could have been on drugs, not feeling any hits taken. I don't know how the LEOs feel about it, but would the safest approach be for units to be paired up? Would have being in a patrol car, and not being a motor unit, been a deciding factor?

If they were in the process of impounding the B.G.'s truck and gave him a minute or two to grab for some of his personal belongings, then there's little time to make a move to cover if the B.G. reached for his "loaded" concealed forearm and quickly turned into position to use it.
Could happen in seconds or if you take your eye off the B.G. for just one single second. You're going to be behind the curve. JMO.
Bad situation. RIP sir.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My son in law was tasked to be with the body until released to the coroner. I'm sure this will be a lifetime scar for him.
I was a motor for a PD for 7 years. Honestly, those MC's don't provide much coverage. Tragic all the way around.
That is one of the many tasks overlooked by the general public. In this case, it carries more weight. Even if he didn't know him personally, it is still a brother.

I hope your son finds time to breath.
I hope he realizes people appreciate his service, as well as yours and others here.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Very sad trying to good killed by a POS , RIP Sir

LowRiver2

Reaction score
No need to start an "if" situation in this thread...its already over for some. RIP

Well stated...

No problem
But it’s the agency in question, not the individuals involved.
Those of us in the profession with several decades on don’t like seeing the same problems again and again in our industry.

That is want Boat PI is referring to.
And I’ll gladly back up my claim in a PM, should anyone take issue with my post.

WildWilly

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain the full story of those few minutes never comes out, but for those with access to it and to those on scene know, it was definitely a tragic mistake that cost a warrior his life in the line of duty. Tough deal all around, situations like these are what is used to train and learn from for everyone else.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
While I HATE to admit it, I’ve known this POS for a while as I worked with him. I can tell you 100% for sure he did have a bike, but it never ran long and he never rode it. That being said I highly doubt any affiliation with the Vagos, however he was a high ranking member of the Aryan Brotherhood when he did his stint for attempted murder.
AB is heavy in the penal system. He goes in for attempt murder and links up with the AB in prison. Shop talk is Vagos member... those fucks don't need to ride to be a member. No point in arguing over it here because it really doesn't matter, unless you (speaking in general, not you literally) are a member of the Vagos and fear what might come of the connection.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
AB is heavy in the penal system. He goes in for attempt murder and links up with the AB in prison. Shop talk is Vagos member... those fucks don't need to ride to be a member. No point in arguing over it here because it really doesn't matter, unless you (speaking in general, not you literally) are a member of the Vagos and fear what might come of the connection.
Just recently they replayed one of those gang/prison things on History about AB. The numbers were insane. Something like the only constitute 3% of the prison population, but were responsible for 25% of the violence. I don't know the way it works, but he may have been a Vago going into prison, and got hooked up with AB inside. Whatever the case, by no means the good father his family wants people to see.

Whatever the case, there will be a few green bikes parked for a bit, and patches with rockers left in the closet.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Just recently they replayed one of those gang/prison things on History about AB. The numbers were insane. Something like the only constitute 3% of the prison population, but were responsible for 25% of the violence. I don't know the way it works, but he may have been a Vago going into prison, and got hooked up with AB inside. Whatever the case, by no means the good father his family wants people to see.

Whatever the case, there will be a few green bikes parked for a bit, and patches with rockers left in the closet.
This guy breaks it down as if you're white, you're gonna be putting in work for the AB like it or not.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Before my time but I see his name on a plaque every day when I roll into work

Are you on academy detail or on the road?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Roaddawg

Reaction score
I work the road. I'm out of the Santa Ana office

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

This guy breaks it down as if you're white, you're gonna be putting in work for the AB like it or not.

Lol that dude is funny. Think Mafia Rules here fellas. Not everyone is a Don. There are tiers and different levels of involvement. The Turd Vagos dead guy very likely could have climbed the ranks while in prison and became a full fledged AB member, or he could have been a minor peckerwood. It really doesn't matter. It's a waste of oxygen (typed words in this case) speculating about him anymore. He is, was, and will always be thought of as a piece of shit. Nothing more.

R.I.P. Officer Andre Moye Jr.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
God speed to the fallen officer. RIP brother...was taking my kid to soccer practice westbound on the 91. Drove under that overpass just as backup units were rolling up hard and exiting the freeway where the traffic stop originated.

Roaddawg

Reaction score
Gotcha, I was wondering if you were referring to the fountain

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
We have a bronze plaque on the wall at our office of the Officers/Sergeants that were assigned to Santa Ana and died in the line of duty

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
IMG_5465.PNG