WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Class reunions ??

myowndrum

Reaction score
High school was awesome for me...

Have not been to one and zero desire to attend any in the future.

farmo83

Reaction score
I was actually in grad school the night of my 10th or I would have gone (was single at the time). My 20th is in 2 years and I plan on going, if it sucks my wife and I will leave early.

I went to my wives 10th and it was horrible. She went to a pretty small Christian school. The reunion was at the school and they advertised they would have beer and wine. They had 12 beers and 2 bottles of wine for around 30 people. The rest of it was basically a fund raiser and we went on a tour of the school. I told the dude I had never seen the school before and didn't care to start now, also I wouldn't have student debt for my kids from high school. When we left my wife asked me where most reunions are and I said "bars or halls."

cole_skier

Reaction score
Went to my 10 year and skipped the 20 and 30. Just went to the 40th and I have to say it was fun to see some of the people that I had not had contact with in 40 years. But like others have said the people I care about I am still in contact with all the time.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
My wife and I graduated together and have only missed one with our fiftieth next year. At least 20% of the people that show up are close friends we see anyway, but is pretty cool to see a few that aren't that close, but still good people.

playdeep

Reaction score
The people that organized the reunions for my high school rolled three classes together. I went to 20 and 30, skipped 40.

It was a good idea. The attendance was better, and there were lots of friends there that weren't in my graduating class. I wouldn't have seen them at a traditional reunion.
Was that the one at the Old town Hilton...?
I went to that one.First one that I'd been to.
Only went because I wanted to see the Hotties from 74&75...
Wish I hadn't.
Highlight was ordering a Jack&Coke from the bar,turning around&spilling a little bit on Susanna Hoffs(lead singer of the Bangles).
She's a tiny little thing&didn't look to happy to be there...

relaxalot

Reaction score
Sounds like mostly a bunch of grumpy old fucks.. antisocial OGs..

TexasJet

Reaction score
My mother in law just went to her 70th H.S. reunion.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I tend to strongly relate to the comment earlier about being an asshole then and just a completely different flavor of asshole now.
That really about sums me up.....

I went to the one that has been held over the years, it was a good time. It was an "all classes" reunion. the school I went to was small. I know many of you are saying "yea, small" but I actually mean it. My graduating class was 18 and was one of the biggest classes in memory. The year before was 9 that made the stage. Being this is about the only social media I use, I don't have contact with many HS or college friends as we all scattered after each. I wouldn't mind trying to track a few down but that would mean using something like facebook and well....... No, just no.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
My 20th HS reunion was a couple weekends ago. I didn’t go but a couple of my friends did and posted several pics on FB. I couldn’t believe how fat everyone has gotten. A handful of the girls I was really into in HS were there and boy oh boy did I dodge a some bombs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
My 20th HS reunion was a couple weekends ago. I didn’t go but a couple of my friends did and posted several pics on FB. I couldn’t believe how fat everyone has gotten. A handful of the girls I was really into in HS were there and boy oh boy did I dodge a some bombs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

RVRKID

Reaction score
I still hang out with most of the people that I hung out with and partied with in High School. So for our 10 year it was at a local hotel and we rented a bunch of rooms filled up the bath tub with beer and had a blast. 20 year was down at some hotel by Disney, we all got rooms but instead of paying the $80 we just hung in the bar right outside and partied with whoever we wanted to that was walking in. Our 30th is in October but it is the same weekend as the CF fundraiser at Newport Dunes that I have been going to since it started so I (and a few from the group) will be missing this one.