I think I need this!!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
E62E506B-40E9-41C2-866E-22AF46EEB2C2.png
C0B27B00-6D2C-4E64-8069-C0409D88FA1D.png
53B399C4-16E6-4D8B-AFAB-0DEE0C6ECF72.png

C58DD1DA-60D0-45F8-9EC7-007F902D13F6.png

I think I need this in my life. Talk me into or out of it... I’m on the verge of buying a plane ticket.

‘65 Chevy Biscayne, 36k original miles, frame on resto, Ridetech air ride, LS3, 6 speed manual, Ford 9 inch, air conditioning.

Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Gotta be 50K

Cool car I would do it if I was making as much as you selling rack storage....lol

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Gotta be 50K

Cool car I would do it if I was making as much as you selling rack storage....lol

They are asking $57, the number is probably very high 40s or 50k.

It would cost me easily $40k to build if I did it myself in my garage.

I have not seen it in person, but if it shows like the pics and was done right, I don’t think $50k is unreasonable.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Not unrealistic at all for pricing. Looks to be a good build. Obviously have to see it in person...inside and under.

Can't get into the color though. My Grandma had a '70 LTD about the same shade. All that is personal though. F' it, it's your money, we'll always help you spend it:p

riverroyal

Reaction score
How about a clean galaxie? My dad is selling his. Hauls ass!

gqchris

Reaction score
Thats bad ass. I likey!

We only live once! Enjoy it while we can!

wallnutz

Reaction score
Me likey! Had a conversation with my dad the other day about desirable cars. People are actually running out of cool cars to customize. So they start looking at oddballs. There is a guy in my hood that is trying to build a custom '50 Pontiac. Restored they are pretty cool ,but to make a hot rod out of one, ehh don't know about that. Just doesn't have that Mercury appeal. I guess time will tell.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
funny how 15 years ago that non-desirable car is now very, very cool.....

Do it!

I know..

In ‘96 I almost bought a ‘61 Biscayne that was super clean with a 4.3 V6/4L60E and rear end swap out of a 1/2 ton truck for $5k.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
That's a nice looking ride. RDP will hold up traffic so you can get to the airport quicker.

Tank

Reaction score
57 for a freakin 65 BISCAYNE!!?? Fuck that. Search a little more and find a 65 Impala restored for that price. Or even better, a 65 rag un-restored for less. There, I talked you out of it. ;):D

Tank

Reaction score
I know..

In ‘96 I almost bought a ‘61 Biscayne that was super clean with a 4.3 V6/4L60E and rear end swap out of a 1/2 ton truck for $5k.
In 98 I almost pulled the trigger on a 61 impala rag that was restored (lowrider, hydrolics, daytons...BEAUTIFUL). I offered 15k, guy wouldn't budge on at 20k. I passed. FUUUUUUCK ME. LOL

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Cool car, but the Biscaynes are usually very soft in the market. So once the coolness wears off it will be a tough resell.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
57 for a freakin 65 BISCAYNE!!?? Fuck that. Search a little more and find a 65 Impala restored for that price. Or even better, a 65 rag un-restored for less. There, I talked you out of it. ;):D

An Impala done up like this or restored would be $75k, or have a 283 and a ‘glide which would suck to drive. I’ve always liked Biscaynes, personally.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Cool car, but the Biscaynes are usually very soft in the market. So once the coolness wears off it will be a tough resell.

Agreed. It will never be a collectible, just a driver level car. And as a driver, this car sounds perfect.

BlowMe

Reaction score
Love everything about it! My first car was a 65 impala ss so I'm kinda partial to the body style but regardless, I absolutely love it. Hopefully you get it and enjoy it!!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 787768 View attachment 787769 View attachment 787770
View attachment 787771

I think I need this in my life. Talk me into or out of it... I’m on the verge of buying a plane ticket.

‘65 Chevy Biscayne, 36k original miles, frame on resto, Ridetech air ride, LS3, 6 speed manual, Ford 9 inch, air conditioning.

Talk you out of it???

That's easy...

YOU could build that yourself for a fraction of the price. LS conversion in a chebby? Please. How easy would that be for you to do!
2k will get you everything you need. Might have to go 3k if you wanted a 6.0. Everything else bolts on.

That big azz boat will handle like crap. It would be easier to park a duallie! lol

Has it been upgraded to hydro boost? (this is a must for that boat) Dirt cheap to do yourself. It looks like they are manual brakes (no boost). Maybe they are still drums?

Does it have a Dakota Digital dash? The factory cluster just sucks.

What shifter did they use??

Did they modify the front cross member properly for that LS? I just worked on a lowrider they stuffed an LS in, and someone did not modify everything right. The engine was in at a crazy angle. This one, the engine looks way too close to the firewall. How come?

There are a lot of real nice cars you could buy for that price...

One of my customers is threatening to sell his BEAUTIFUL 56. Full leather interior, 383 power. Car rides and runs like a dream.

20140307_110128.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
An Impala done up like this or restores would be $75k. I’ve always liked Biscaynes, personally.
It does look cool, I agree. I like how it sits. Like others have said, the Biscaynes were always the red headed step child to the impala. If it's a frame off then yea, I suppose it could be worth it with how much time / money they have in but still...I think some of these guys are stuck in little bubbles in the car world and are hoping the buyer doesn't do a little homework to see what they can get something for. I'd personally buy a driver for half the price. This was a 10 minute search on CL. There's some nice stuff out there right now.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/gardena-1965-chevy-hardtop-impala/6957602447.html
00T0T_gqrQGyN8eFz_600x450.jpg

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ctd/d/conway-1964-chevrolet-impala-super-sport/6955930837.html
00x0x_4sFZEm0ZTHM_600x450.jpg

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/santa-paula-1965-impala/6948419796.html
00b0b_1mey4WyRHzR_1200x900.jpg
00C0C_13BK6y8jJe9_600x450.jpg

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/d/long-beach-1965-chevy-impala-ss-for/6943770982.html
65ss 25k
01010_aEp4jV7D40H_600x450.jpg

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ctd/d/sacramento-1965-chevrolet-impala/6943080620.html
Restored 65 rag 35k
00D0D_1ynsuRm88vD_1200x900.jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Talk you out of it???

That's easy...

YOU could build that yourself for a fraction of the price. LS conversion in a chebby? Please. How easy would that be for you to do!
2k will get you everything you need. Might have to go 3k if you wanted a 6.0. Everything else bolts on.

That big azz boat will handle like crap. It would be easier to park a duallie! lol

Has it been upgraded to hydro boost? (this is a must for that boat) Dirt cheap to do yourself. It looks like they are manual brakes (no boost). Maybe they are still drums?

Did they modify the front cross member properly for that LS? I just worked on a lowrider they stuffed an LS in, and someone did not modify everything right. The engine was in at a crazy angle. This one, the engine looks way too close to the firewall. How come?

One of my customers is threatening to sell his BEAUTIFUL 56. Full leather interior, 383 power. Car rides and runs like a dream.

View attachment 787809

I don't think so....

That LS3 would take every bit of 7K to put together on a deal with the valve covers and intake.

6 speed $2500

Looks like willwood brakes $3000

Ford 9 inch 3K

There is nothing I see on that car or in the bay that gives me the impression it's a home built car. Someone dropped some coin and I imagine the interior and underside is just as nice.

Vinage Air 2500K

Ridetech could be 4-7K

Frame off and low OG miles.

Personally I have always loved the understated looks of a Biscayne. I have zero desire to own a carb/sbc classic.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Nice car and would drive the crap out of it.,

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I don't think so....

That LS3 would take every bit of 7K to put together on a deal with the valve covers and intake.

6 speed $2500

Looks like willwood brakes $3000

Ford 9 inch 3K

There is nothing I see on that car or in the bay that gives me the impression it's a home built car. Someone dropped some coin and I imagine the interior and underside is just as nice.

Vinage Air 2500K

Ridetech could be 4-7K

Frame off and low OG miles.

Well, I suppose you Could spend that much if you wanted to. Absolutely no reason to though.

And since when do YOU encourage people to buy old cars??? This has to be a first for you!!! lol

P.S. I see a wilwood master cylinder (with no assist). So it's doubtful they whole system is willwood.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
My grandpa used to have a 64 impala ss that he sold in the early 70's to buy his Toyota Celica GT that he still owns to this day. I told him he kept the wrong car.

Right after he sold it to a couple hispanic guys, the Gypsy Rose Lowrider started popping up around town at car shows. He thinks that might be his old car.

GypsyRose.jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Well, I suppose you Could spend that much if you wanted to. Absolutely no reason to though.

And since when do YOU encourage people to buy old cars??? This has to be a first for you!!! lol

P.S. I see a wilwood master cylinder (with no assist). So it's doubtful they whole system is willwood.

I love old cars have owned a couple..

They are money pits over rated and suck to drive with factory suspension and a 383 sbc.

People invest a ton into them they sit never get driven and when they die there kids sell them for pennys on the dollar and buy subarus...lol

I'm not saying you couldn't build it for cheaper but an LS3 costs more than an iron truck motor.

6speed manual is more to throw in than a 4l60 or T350.

We need more pictures of the car :)

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
you only live once. Do it!
Dicker on price as I agree it might be a little high.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

They are money pits over rated and suck to drive with factory suspension and a 383 sbc.

People invest a ton into them they sit never get driven and when they die there kids sell them for pennys on the dollar and buy subarus...lol

I'm not saying you couldn't build it for cheaper but an LS3 costs more than an iron truck motor.

Now that's the CT I know...

:D

Keep in mind, he asked for someone to talk him out of it. ;)

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Now that's the CT I know...

:D

Keep in mind, he asked for someone to talk him out of it. ;)

Ashleys not buying a 50K biscayne...lol

It's a cool car but he has too much invested in RZR's and trim tabs:D

I imagine he would save 50K for a down on a duplex.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Talk you out of it???

That's easy...

View attachment 787809

All good points. I’ve done the swaps myself, so I know what to look for with regard to wiring and setup. I would want to see it in person, on a lift before handing them cash.

The “value” on any build for me comes down to the time savings. Doing it myself, and paying someone to do some fab/bodywork and buying everything new would be over $30k all in.

I could spend 6 months scouring for deals, and just “get it done” for under $20k

They claim this is a crate LS3 and T56 Magnum.

That alone with accessories, engine management, and the stuff I can see bolted to the engine is easily $12k+

It looks like manual brakes..which will work fine if (big IF) the pedal ratios are right. I don’t know if the rest of the brake system is upgraded. It can’t be anything too crazy because it still has 15 inch wheels.

As far as engine placement it could be due to the oil pan, and/or shifter placement.

Yea I know it will handle like crap, that is the point. I have the RX7 for handling :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I’m getting in a plane here in a bit, but I’m going to call them tomorrow. I need more info before I really make a decision.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Ashleys not buying a 50K biscayne...lol

It's a cool car but he has too much invested in RZR's and trim tabs:D

I imagine he would save 50K for a down on a duplex.

That is what the cash is earmarked for, but I can’t find the right deal. I’m 100% certain if I buy this a good RE deal will appear the next day.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Way too expensive considering the LS will need to be swapped for a big block. It's also a little too low.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
That is what the cash is earmarked for, but I can’t find the right deal. I’m 100% certain if I buy this a good RE deal will appear the next day.

Typically the way it works....lol

I'm sitting on my hands right now but i'm really really hoping for a sizable recession so I can grab a rental property or two.:p:cool:

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'm deep diving on CL...You got me down the worm hole! LOL

This is what I'm talking about. Frame off restoration. bagged on Daytons - 40k

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/los-angeles-1962-chevrolet-impala-super/6956271914.html
View attachment 787815

Needs a rim swap... at least to Supremes :) The lowriders don’t appeal to me much. That said, the mild lowrider builds with “normal” paint jobs can look great just by changing the wheels.

I’m more of a sleeper/pro touring guy myself, hence the Biscayne.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Nice ride but for 50 it needs to be a ragtop and have a big block, my .02

I think a big block ragtop would pull $40k as a driver. These aren’t priced by the pound lol.

I dont think you could even even get a Biscayne ragtop, could you? Had to be an Impala?

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score
I think a big block ragtop would pull $40k as a driver. These aren’t priced by the pound lol.

I dont think you could even even get a Biscayne ragtop, could you? Had to be an Impala?

Not sure, not many up here, I just know if you are going that big it has to be topless

And they are priced by the pound

Last edited: