WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Disneyland for New Year's Eve

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Anyone (other than M2ME) done it? Thinking about hitting it this year. Experiences? Looks like it may be the busiest day of the year there. NOT excited about that. This has been our first year in over a decade without season passes, and my wife and kids are really missing waiting in the long lines. :D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Take lots of vitamin C, Airborne and get all 86 flu shots before you attempt this feat.
Body armour is on the suggested list too.
In all honesty though, it'd be a once in a lifetime deal so enjoy. Like most everything else in life, I'm sure the climax will be the best part. :cool:

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
If you enjoy walking like a penguin for hours then go for it. We went once about 10 years ago. I left after about 45 minutes, the rest of the family stayed for another hour. But hey, I got to the end of Main Street.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I did it about ten years ago. Not my thing but I’m not a fan of amusement parks and crowds in general.

Those in our group that do love Disney and crowds loved it.

robert1050

Reaction score
I've done it many times, back when I used to live down the street and had a pass. It's like any other Holiday until about 6pm, then atmosphere changes. They switch the piped in Christmas music to party central, bands and DJ's start at key places and the whole place starts to rock. Midnite fireworks are the best. One word of warning - last year (or the year before), the weather didn't cooperate and the midnite fireworks were launched the next night. You take your chances.

Ha-ha

Reaction score
I've done this with my daughter for the last several years, 7 or 8.. maybe more. ...lost count. Either way, Disneyland is busy. Shoulder to shoulder packed. So we spend the day at California adventure, busy, but usually short lines for the most part. Stay till midnight, then go to Disney for awhile and everyone is leaving. Easy to get on rides then.
Hope this helps your decision.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I've done it many times, back when I used to live down the street and had a pass. It's like any other Holiday until about 6pm, then atmosphere changes. They switch the piped in Christmas music to party central, bands and DJ's start at key places and the whole place starts to rock. Midnite fireworks are the best. One word of warning - last year (or the year before), the weather didn't cooperate and the midnite fireworks were launched the next night. You take your chances.
Didn’t now they did that with the music and changed it up. Sounds like a little bit more of a party. That may be cool to experience at that side of the park once. Curious how it will be this year with the added capacity from Star Wars land.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I've done this with my daughter for the last several years, 7 or 8.. maybe more. ...lost count. Either way, Disneyland is busy. Shoulder to shoulder packed. So we spend the day at California adventure, busy, but usually short lines for the most part. Stay till midnight, then go to Disney for awhile and everyone is leaving. Easy to get on rides then.
Hope this helps your decision.
Do they do much over at CA for NYE? Where is the best place to be? Waterfront across from Ferris wheel? I’m surprised they let you in the park after fireworks. I’d imagine it to be a huge sea of people leaving.

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
As light as our crowds have been this summer and with the additional @13 acres of park space, it might be a good year to try it. I haven't heard much of anything about NYE in CA.

Ha-ha

Reaction score
DCA has had like 3 different countdown spots throughout the park , hollywoodland, carsland, waterfront, it changes. They have done a big countdown show at the waterfront. Pretty cool. Disneyland is open till 2 so after the mass exodus, then we'll go in and do one or two things then go home.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Done it, it's brutal.
A whole new definition of crowded.
The High End restaurants throughout the resort have been booked solid for a year in advance (Thanksgiving too) and usually just hotel guests can get those reservations. Those are the best spots to take it all in.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If you enjoy walking like a penguin for hours then go for it. We went once about 10 years ago. I left after about 45 minutes, the rest of the family stayed for another hour. But hey, I got to the end of Main Street.
Best take of all. Exactly.
I never notice the crowds, but on NYE you have no choice.
Just renewed our AP's BTW.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
If I woke up in Disneyland........ I know I’ve died and gone to hell. I couldn’t even imagine going to that shit show on New Year’s Eve.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If I woke up in Disneyland........ I know I’ve died and gone to hell. I couldn’t even imagine going to that shit show on New Year’s Eve.
I feel the same way about Arbys.