WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone selling a Ford Mustang GT Foxbody??

Tank

Reaction score
Buddy is looking for a super clean Ford Mustang GT late 80's to (preferably) a 93 (last year model). Prefers 5 speed and to have everything done on it and in tip top shape. Before he goes and has one shipped across country, anyone have one they're selling or thinking about selling?

gqchris

Reaction score
Looking for the Unicorn. They are hard to find!

Love the Foxbodys. Majority of the ones out here are molested. Seems like the good examples are in Texas area when I was looking.

Wish I would have kept my 89 GT. Was a great car and had all the right bolt ons.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Looking for the Unicorn. They are hard to find!

Love the Foxbodys. Majority of the ones out here are molested. Seems like the good examples are in Texas area when I was looking.

Wish I would have kept my 89 GT. Was a great car and had all the right bolt ons.

LMK if you see on in DFW that you’d like to put eyes on [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Everything "Done", and unmolested? Looking more for a low mile collector type, or a nicely done one with the "period correct" type stuff done? When I say that, I mean intake, exhaust, B or X 303 cam...etc. Any colors out, and are convertibles out?

Tank

Reaction score
Everything "Done", and unmolested? Looking more for a low mile collector type, or a nicely done one with the "period correct" type stuff done? When I say that, I mean intake, exhaust, B or X 303 cam...etc. Any colors out, and are convertibles out?

Yes....:D Done as in if things are done they're correct. Low mileage collector type or period correct upgrades is fine too. When I say done, I just mean doesn't need work I suppose.

I didn't realize these things were so hard to find. He's gone to look at a few. Crap.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
GTs are way easier to get than a coupe; lucky for him. Since I literally look once a week at these things I am always coming across them in all shapes. There is a nice looking GT in Portola. It is an 89 which I loved; last year with NO airbag and adjustable steering column. Also had forged pistons which the 93 did not (hypereutectics on the 93).

Looks to have some nice really nice performance parts (Maxium Motorsports stuff is top notch). Even has the super rare BBK intake which are bringing some big bucks as well. Would rather have a tubular GT40 but still a decent intake and period correct.
https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/portola-1989-mustang-foxbody-gt/6943871679.html

Motor Boater

Reaction score
These things are like VW Bugs, tons of aftermarket stuff for them and everyone one of them has been fucked with. A lot of basically new Fox bodies sold last year at Barrett Jackson and brought some pretty good money for stock cars.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
GTs are way easier to get than a coupe; lucky for him. Since I literally look once a week at these things I am always coming across them in all shapes. There is a nice looking GT in Portola. It is an 89 which I loved; last year with NO airbag and adjustable steering column. Also had forged pistons which the 93 did not (hypereutectics on the 93).

Looks to have some nice really nice performance parts (Maxium Motorsports stuff is top notch). Even has the super rare BBK intake which are bringing some big bucks as well. Would rather have a tubular GT40 but still a decent intake and period correct.
https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/portola-1989-mustang-foxbody-gt/6943871679.html

That's a nice little track car starter kit. The wood work looks nice :)

Tank

Reaction score

That thing is cool but may be a little too dicked with for him. He's looking for basically stock(ish), maybe some not so obvious upgrades, that he can let his 18 y/o son drive once in a while.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I was 21 when I got my first Fox; 89 GT. Longest I ever kept a car which was about five years. I got caught racing doing 125 in a 25 (farm road in SLO). Exhibition of speed, speed contest, intent to kill, reckless driving, speeding all on one ticket. They were going to haul my buddy and I in, but he didn't. I went to court three times on it and got it down to 500.00 and 2pts on my record. :D

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Buddy is looking for a super clean Ford Mustang GT late 80's to (preferably) a 93 (last year model). Prefers 5 speed and to have everything done on it and in tip top shape. Before he goes and has one shipped across country, anyone have one they're selling or thinking about selling?

Friend is selling a notch that just got painted viper gts blue

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I was 21 when I got my first Fox; 89 GT. Longest I ever kept a car which was about five years. I got caught racing doing 125 in a 25 (farm road in SLO). Exhibition of speed, speed contest, intent to kill, reckless driving, speeding all on one ticket. They were going to haul my buddy and I in, but he didn't. I went to court three times on it and got it down to 500.00 and 2pts on my record. :D
Fox bodys, tickets, impound and court dates...that sounds like me from age 17 till about 23.

Yes....:D Done as in if things are done they're correct. Low mileage collector type or period correct upgrades is fine too. When I say done, I just mean doesn't need work I suppose.

I didn't realize these things were so hard to find. He's gone to look at a few. Crap.
May know of one that fits the bill here in Prescott. I'll try to get in touch with him today, if not he's a Saturday morning coffee and car guy I'll see this weekend.

I know it won't be cheap...assholes like me cut up too many nice, cheap ones. Hindsight...

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
They are all over the place here in ky

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Tank0088

Reaction score
E57001E7-F3EB-4A12-BF4E-6D5120E7867E.jpeg
My buddy has this 1988. It’s fixed up under the hood, suspension, and all of the goodies. Let me know if you are interested.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

Got one of those too. Not in my 89 Fox but in my ‘97 S10

Tank

Reaction score
View attachment 790341 My buddy has this 1988. It’s fixed up under the hood, suspension, and all of the goodies. Let me know if you are interested.
Let me know if your buddy wants to sell and then send over some info and I'll pass it along.

Thanks.
Fox bodys, tickets, impound and court dates...that sounds like me from age 17 till about 23.

May know of one that fits the bill here in Prescott. I'll try to get in touch with him today, if not he's a Saturday morning coffee and car guy I'll see this weekend.

I know it won't be cheap...assholes like me cut up too many nice, cheap ones. Hindsight...
Let me know.
Friend is selling a notch that just got painted viper gts blue
He's looking for the full kitted GT.

fmo24

Reaction score
I’ve had 4 or 5 mustangs. First 5.0 four speed and two barrel. Can’t recall maybe 81 or 82. Then an 85, 88 and last 5.0 think 92? I knew this fat girl that would sit in the back seat when we went racing. Only way to get traction off the light lol. She totally knew why she was there and loved every second of it. She rode in all of them

oldschool

Reaction score
Tank Farm Road?
In HS my buddy bought an ‘85 GT, he went through 3 set of tires and a clutch in a year.

gqchris

Reaction score

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
That thing is cool but may be a little too dicked with for him. He's looking for basically stock(ish), maybe some not so obvious upgrades, that he can let his 18 y/o son drive once in a while.
I had that exact year, color mustang at 18, walked into downy ford in high school, parents co signed . By 19, in one month I received 4 tickets, 5 points, a suspended drivers license, a $576 speeding ticket, liability insurance for $1700 a year in 1993. Basically got my hole stretched for being 19 in a 5.0, probably not the best car for an 18 year old. I sold it that month, no tickets since. Almost prevented me from my current career as the 2 pt came up on my back ground 9 years later when I was in back grounds. Awesome car, but trouble, lol

Tank

Reaction score
I had that exact year, color mustang at 18, walked into downy ford in high school, parents co signed . By 19, in one month I received 4 tickets, 5 points, a suspended drivers license, a $576 speeding ticket, liability insurance for $1700 a year in 1993. Basically got my hole stretched for being 19 in a 5.0, probably not the best car for an 18 year old. I sold it that month, no tickets since. Almost prevented me from my current career as the 2 pt came up on my back ground 9 years later when I was in back grounds. Awesome car, but trouble, lol
Yea, he's not giving the car to his 18 y/o to drive everyday or anything. Want's to teach him to drive a stick, take it out on sundays every once in a while kinda thing. Kid is crazy responsible. I'm guessing one ticket and he'd never get behind the wheel again.

81Sprint

Reaction score
My first car was a 89 LX 5.0, had a lot of good times in it. Did a 3 gear burnout from a light in it trying to impress some chicks, didnt see the cop sitting behind me:eek: but he was young and cool let me off with a $300 ticket. Ive had 13 mustang fox bodies through the years and i have the similar bug coming back, nothing crazy but a really clean stock to mild. From my research ebay is the way to go, they arent cheap but from time to time there are some really nice ones, unless you get lucky and come across some barn find.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Ford-Mustang/113858108617?hash=item1a8278dcc9:g:fBwAAOSwt8NdUHln

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Ford-...350701?hash=item215c88336d:g:kMcAAOSwe5tc-zDV

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Probably not interested in a ‘vert aod but I’ve got one. 89 gt
40,xxx original miles
Extremely clean car garage kept climate controlled.
All the normal goodies under the hood...built for a paxton...intake, alum heads, e303, flowmasters, bbk headers, bbk mid pipe with cats, bbk mass air, injectors, smog delete, numbered car tuned by Bama performance with 4 tunes, shift kit, etc, etc

Have most of the receipts, engine build info and all stock parts go with the car.

IMG_6741.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81Sprint

Reaction score
40,xxx original miles
All the normal goodies under the hood...built for a paxton...intake, alum heads, e303, flowmasters, bbk headers, bbk mid pipe with cats, bbk mass air, injectors, smog delete, numbered car tuned by Bama performance with 4 tunes, shift kit, etc, etc

Have most of the receipts, engine build info and all stock parts go with the car.

View attachment 790582

very clean! price?

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
very clean! price?

I’d like to see $10k out of it but i also have no problem holding on to it. Even though its a ‘vert most all of the fox bodies left are hacked up and molested. This one is not.

I get it out a couple of times a month and my 2.5 year old likes riding it in with the top down :D

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
40,xxx original miles

View attachment 790582

Wow, I owned that same exact car at one point, same color everything....wish I never sold it. Sold it for $5K in perfect shape in 1997:mad:

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Wow, I owned that same exact car at one point, same color everything....wish I never sold it. Sold it for $5K in perfect shape in 1997:mad:

Come get it! Lol

Tank

Reaction score
40,xxx original miles

View attachment 790582

I don't think he wants a vert but I sent the info to him because that thing seems insanely clean and if it was a hardtop I'm guessing he'd be right over to get it.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
I don't think he wants a vert but I sent the info to him because that thing seems insanely clean and if it was a hardtop I'm guessing he'd be right over to get it.

I’ve had a couple coupes and as desirable as they are now the pricing is just crazy.....somewhat clean ones have a case of ”barrettjacksonitis” and the rest are hacked up ranging from up to 30,000.

The original owner (an old man) took great care of this car and it shows. It’s got a few cosmetic issues but all typical of a 30yo car that got detailed every week by the original owner.

I like having it. It’s clean, nostalgic (the sound) and my wife can drive it to the gym on a nice day. But as they say, everything can be for sale :D

IMG_6740.jpg
IMG_6743.jpg
IMG_6744.jpg
IMG_6756.jpg
IMG_6745.jpg
IMG_7544.jpg

81Sprint

Reaction score
I’d like to see $10k out of it but i also have no problem holding on to it. Even though its a ‘vert most all of the fox bodies left are hacked up and molested. This one is not.

I get it out a couple of times a month and my 2.5 year old likes riding it in with the top down :D

if it was a stick i would be asking the wife for forgiveness :D

rrrr

Reaction score
That's a nice little track car starter kit. The wood work looks nice :)

You gotta have that good carpentry work in a hot rod.

It's important to know the damage history on any Mustang built between 1988 and 2019. You have to ask how many times it has gone over medians and curbs while leaving car shows. :D

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
if it was a stick i would be asking the wife for forgiveness :D

Easy conversion....and i’ve had people ask me to get it done. If i knew i was going to keep the car forever i would do it but i’ll let the next owner make that decision :D

An AOD isn’t THAT bad if you know how to manipulate it. Mine has hurt some feelings especially when you get some young punk that can’t shift!

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
When I was in high school I wanted one of these so bad. With the weather you could really only drive them Memorial Day to Labor Day and had to have a winter car. There may still be some back east. A 5.0 LX would be a cool car to teach the boys how to drive.