WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Detail Dan....Wow

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
Well, Dan has a customer for life. The results he pulled from this boat is insane. The old man just picked it up about 30mins ago, and his words were...”it looks brand new!”

Thanks to Dan, he probably spent long hours to get this turned around for us.

IMG_0654.jpg
IMG_0655.jpg
IMG_0656.jpg

View attachment 790574

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Can't say I have ever seen that hull before! Sharp looking boat! How does it run with the 200's?

RD

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
Do I get to say...

I told you so!

Now?

:D:D

Text updates, he worked with the schedule, it really was an amazing experience. Highly recommended. He’s getting a recommendation to a buddy right now.

Can't say I have ever seen that hull before! Sharp looking boat! How does it run with the 200's?

RD

Reliable. Half tank, trimmed right, previous owner saw 71. It’s not a speed demon, but I think it’ll take the 3 o’clock chop quite well.

Very cool boat, specs please

1986 K&K Ghost 28’. I think around 12 built, less than 10 still around. Built by the Kalibat Brothers in Long Island. Race boat was pretty successful back in the day, apba world champs 82, 84, 85 and national champs in 83.

SHEP

Reaction score
I passed this boat, twice actually as we stopped to eat, on the way in to Havasu last night. Looks like an awesome boat.

kevnmcd

Reaction score
What does Dan charge per foot for a full detail?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
What does Dan charge per foot for a full detail?

I'm not going to say he doesn't work that way, I've just never seen him quote a job that way.

I've sent a Lot of work his way, and he wants to see the victim first, before he gives out a quote.

@Tamalewagon wanted to sell his boat. He had Dan detail it (it was Nasty and covered in mold). It looked so good when he got it back, he ended up keeping the thing! LoL

Wasn't cheap. But well worth it to Scott and his family.

If you're looking for the best price, it's best to look elsewhere. If you're looking for the best possible outcome, Dan is The guy to use. Nobody does it better.

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
“He wants to see the victim first.” Haha that’s so true, he’ll give you a ballpark, but like Dan said to me, most people don’t think their boats NEED much. But, give him the power to do what he thinks is necessary, and I’m quite confident after my experience, everyone will be blown away with his results.

Price wise, what we paid, I think I got an amazing deal. Unbelievably reasonable for a 28’ boat.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Beautiful boat, one thing though, those transom tie downs are pretty much pointless.

kevnmcd

Reaction score
I'm not going to say he doesn't work that way, I've just never seen him quote a job that way.

I've sent a Lot of work his way, and he wants to see the victim first, before he gives out a quote.

@Tamalewagon wanted to sell his boat. He had Dan detail it (it was Nasty and covered in mold). It looked so good when he got it back, he ended up keeping the thing! LoL

If you're looking for the best price, it's best to look elsewhere. If you're looking for the best possible outcome, Dan is The guy to use. Nobody does it better.
I wasn't asking to try and find the cheaper deal. I was only asking more for the masses to give a ballpark of his cost compared to others as that is typically how the details quote their prices. His work looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I wasn't asking to try and find the cheaper deal. I was only asking more for the masses to give a ballpark of his cost compared to others as that is typically how the details quote their prices. His work looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Sorry it came across that way. I wasn't exactly sure how to word it!

:p

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Beautiful boat, one thing though, those transom tie downs are pretty much pointless.

It's an east coast thing... make the trailer 5ft shorter than it should be, so you cant tie the boat down properly!

Almost as goofy as a 3 axle trailer under a flat bottom out here!

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
I passed this boat, twice actually as we stopped to eat, on the way in to Havasu last night. Looks like an awesome boat.

Thank you. Ran into some trailer issues, probably explains passing us twice.

GregG

Reaction score
Patience and some luck. We actually bought it from the Kalibat’s. Jeff’s son Kris owned the boat. So the situation could not have been better.

Well I am sure they are very happy it went to a great home and will be preserved. Very cool.

Croz

Reaction score
This dude knows his shit, he brought my 210 to life, well worth the price and a really easy guy to deal
With. He also does maintenance and has storage, he’s got it down. Also he refurbishes boat trailers as well.

He’s also sponsoring halletts in havasu this year so if you’re going he will be there

CobraDave

Reaction score
Because of this thread I dropped my boat off at his shop today. I’m sure he is going to knock it out of the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
This dude knows his shit, he brought my 210 to life, well worth the price and a really easy guy to deal
With. He also does maintenance and has storage, he’s got it down. Also he refurbishes boat trailers as well.

He’s also sponsoring halletts in havasu this year so if you’re going he will be there

I have a 21ft boat I might want to have the gel brought back to life and some repairs ( If I don't buy a new boat) . Would you mind sharing price? I know my project might be different but just so I have a ballpark. Don't want to drive to Ontario if its going to be too rich for my blood. You can PM if you prefer. Thanks!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have a 21ft boat I might want to have the gel brought back to life and some repairs ( If I don't buy a new boat) . Would you mind sharing price? I know my project might be different but just so I have a ballpark. Don't want to drive to Ontario if its going to be too rich for my blood. You can PM if you prefer. Thanks!

Once again, every project is different. He will want to see it before he gives you a price. Give him a call, a few good text pics could get it done. No promises though! :)

Hunkydory_Hallett

Reaction score
Dan does amazing work!!!
My boat went straight from Lake Powell (8 day trip) to his shop after multiple rain storms it was hammered. After 4 days Dan had the 89' vector looking like it came off the show room floor. I dropped it and told him to have at it, I picked it up and the $500.00 was worth every penny.
I told him I was headed to Parker on Saturday and of course it rained 15 minutes outta town, Dan wanted to meet me at the Herbst car wash to help with the spot free rinse and a Lucas Oil slick mist wipe down.
Super cool, down to earth, and honest guy.
I'm planning on taking the boat to him this winter for stainless rub rail and deck hardware change out.

IMG_0735 (1).JPG
IMG_0738 (1).JPG
IMG_0743.JPG
IMG_0744 (1).JPG
IMG_0736 (1).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0748.mp4
    4 MB

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
Just noticed this got bumped. I’m handing dans number out like it’s a stick of gum. Still ecstatic with the results from last year, and caring for it with some shine supply goodness.

cakemoto

Reaction score

How many Pebble Beach car show trophies does he have...lol