WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Delta trip

Boat211

Reaction score
Of course 20 buck steak and lobster night makes for a great place to pull out at the end of the day. We just trailered the boat and went inside for dinner.
It's a 1981 Schiada 21' RC V-Drive, BBC with a Twin Turbo set up. It was SKI raced in the 80's as "Short Circut #65" Some where I have a video of it starting the 84' Catalina race. It was re rigged with new stringers in 96 and that process took years. It has been used more recreationally after that. I bought the boat a couple of years ago color Sanded and Polished the Gel, new interior and carpet. Shortly after buying it I hurt the engine. And have been trying to get the new one dialed. Yesterday was a test day that covered about 70 miles. I think the testing is done. Brummett had set me up with some different turbo cartridges recently and they exceed my expectations. But everything I've done with him has done that so it shouldn't be a surprise at this point. If you ever see me please come say Hi.

I ran in to this 24" vdrive on old river yesterday. Its about 2 weeks old and still has the new boat resin and glue smell to it. It is stunning. I think he said it #9 of the 24 V drives and It beat #8 out the door. He said #8 has a lot more Exotic inlays and detail than his cruiser.
View attachment 676997 View attachment 676998
Dang it. Didn’t realize you put it on the trailer. Do you boat at the delta much? I’m a pretty big Schiada fan.

great_escape

Reaction score
Dang it. Didn’t realize you put it on the trailer. Do you boat at the delta much? I’m a pretty big Schiada fan.
I'm out of Santa Cruz. It puts Orwood just under 2hr from my front door to their courtesy dock. I've only been boating the Delta a few years and ended up off course every time. My wife prefers the lakes but they always turn into multiple days to make it worth it. I love the delta because I can make a day trip out of it. Cover some distance and never see the same bit of shore twice. Next time I head up I'll take you for a ride or ski.

daveb1

Reaction score
Boated there for 30 yrs with 7 different boats. Mostly launched from Disco Bay, about an hour from my home in Fremont. Many great memories and stories. Had a DCB Mach 26 used there for 8 yrs. Kept adding power until BBC pushed it to 118. Really miss that place. Now in SoCal which means Havasua is much closer. Planning to tow my new twin wacker up soon. So great to explore so far w/o getting bored as is the case with with many lakes. I used to get lost a lost b4 GPS phones.

707dog

Reaction score
Of course 20 buck steak and lobster night makes for a great place to pull out at the end of the day. We just trailered the boat and went inside for dinner.
It's a 1981 Schiada 21' RC V-Drive, BBC with a Twin Turbo set up. It was SKI raced in the 80's as "Short Circut #65" Some where I have a video of it starting the 84' Catalina race. It was re rigged with new stringers in 96 and that process took years. It has been used more recreationally after that. I bought the boat a couple of years ago color Sanded and Polished the Gel, new interior and carpet. Shortly after buying it I hurt the engine. And have been trying to get the new one dialed. Yesterday was a test day that covered about 70 miles. I think the testing is done. Brummett had set me up with some different turbo cartridges recently and they exceed my expectations. But everything I've done with him has done that so it shouldn't be a surprise at this point. If you ever see me please come say Hi.

I ran in to this 24" vdrive on old river yesterday. Its about 2 weeks old and still has the new boat resin and glue smell to it. It is stunning. I think he said it #9 of the 24 V drives and It beat #8 out the door. He said #8 has a lot more Exotic inlays and detail than his cruiser.
View attachment 676997 View attachment 676998
looks like you know our little beach area too:D, we usually do a few trips bring all the tailgating get down and hang for the day.

707dog

Reaction score
I'm out of Santa Cruz. It puts Orwood just under 2hr from my front door to their courtesy dock. I've only been boating the Delta a few years and ended up off course every time. My wife prefers the lakes but they always turn into multiple days to make it worth it. I love the delta because I can make a day trip out of it. Cover some distance and never see the same bit of shore twice. Next time I head up I'll take you for a ride or ski.
soooo you making up for hookie day oct 5th??

Boat211

Reaction score
I certainly up for that.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
My family has a Family reunion at B&W Resort Every Year on the second Week of October Thursday - Sunday.
We stay in the cabins that were shown on the first photo on this post.
I have a question for anybody that cruises the Sacramento Delta water ways.
The Stainless steel hose shop told me if the Coast Guard pulls me over for an inspection they will red tag my boat for Stainless steel water hoses, cause they are not Coast Guard approved for boats.
I have a 1971 Campbell Day cruiser, V-drive
B&W is a Very nice place, And in oct it is winter rates, great Weather no crowds.
here is my photo from last year.
B&W Resort on the Delta Loop.jpg
pumpkin contest.jpg

Sherpa

Reaction score
water cops on the delta aren't going to be stopping you to check SS lines on your motor......... they're looking for life jackets, throwable, fire extinguisher, the required stuff....

Deltarat

Reaction score
My family has a Family reunion at B&W Resort Every Year on the second Week of October Thursday - Sunday.
We stay in the cabins that were shown on the first photo on this post.
I have a question for anybody that cruises the Sacramento Delta water ways.
The Stainless steel hose shop told me if the Coast Guard pulls me over for an inspection they will red tag my boat for Stainless steel water hoses, cause they are not Coast Guard approved for boats.
I have a 1971 Campbell Day cruiser, V-drive
B&W is a Very nice place, And in oct it is winter rates, great Weather no crowds.
here is my photo from last year.
View attachment 766260 View attachment 766261
You will have no issues with your stainless hoses, in reality IF you were pulled over they would only be checking for safety equipment ect...

HBCraig

Reaction score
Sweet pics.

Did you launch at the place in Isleton?

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
We stay at B&W, and we used their launch, it's a steep one.
I have never been pulled over ,but I had found the sand bar at low tide,
where the Mokelumne River goes into the San Joaquin river it is to the right on the San Joaquin river. LOL

T frog

Reaction score
Have our rooms booked for end of August again looking forward.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
What we do is book next year the day we leave, to be sure to get the rooms you want. always the same month and weekend.
2nd weekend in October Thursday-Sunday we book all of the levy cabins but two, and cabins down below in the lawn area.
We have been staying at B & W since the 1960's seven generations.

T frog

Reaction score
What we do is book next year the day we leave, to be sure to get the rooms you want. always the same month and weekend.
2nd weekend in October Thursday-Sunday we book all of the levy cabins but two, and cabins down below in the lawn area.
We have been staying at B & W since the 1960's seven generations.

We do basically the same thing, my cousins son just turned 21 so it's going to be his first time on the guys trip

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Do you have them bring down the Fire pit and a tractor load of fire wood for the lawn area?

T frog

Reaction score
Another great trip, met another inmate braindead and his crew, good times

brgrcru

Reaction score
Will be up there next Saturday till Wednesday . ?will be our 5 th trip from so cal this year up to delta.
That picture is why . 5 days and only a few boats , to bother you .

H2O

Reaction score
So where is a good starting point for a first Delta trip? (coming from SoCal)
I'm sure its big enough everyone has their favorite sections (for different reasons) but is there generally "nicer area"?
I know its not exactly known for clear water, but is there an area where the water is cleaner and/or better for swimming than others?

Thx...

brgrcru

Reaction score
I'm sure its big enough everyone has their favorite sections (for different reasons) but is there generally "nicer area"?
I know its not exactly known for clear water, but is there an area where the water is cleaner and/or better for swimming than others?

Thx...

we usually stay on Sacramento river. at Viera's resort. Rio Vista / Iselton area. 50 years going there and I'm still alive. water is nice. I have swallowed enough of it over the years.
I don't think you can go wrong anywhere.

KingofBeers

Reaction score

Thx...
I keep my boat at B&W as its a great central location to where I usually run around. Generally, the water is cleanest further upriver and closer to the Sac or San Joaquin. I'll swim in most any of it though. If you venture north up the Sacramento River you can turn into the American river and go from greenish no so clear water to crystal clear water in the American river. We were just up there and sat anchored for a while. Water is much colder, but very clean. Be aware as there was quite a bit of lumber floating in the Sac river. Post up when you are thinking of coming up here and Im sure one of us locals could give you a tour of the area.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
I'll be at B&W resort Oct 10th-13th, with our family Reunion when rates go down and It is still nice weather.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I should have my boat back & running the Delta this coming weekend.
Be careful around Frank's tract, stay close to the levee around the outside.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Will be up there next Saturday till Wednesday . ?will be our 5 th trip from so cal this year up to delta.
That picture is why . 5 days and only a few boats , to bother you .

What boat are u running? Hope to meet u

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Anthony is correct. Check out Hookie day for a fun run on a Friday.

Lots of Delta info here: http://deltacalifornia.com/

These guys sell nice maps but they appear to be out of stock: https://californiadelta.org/ When available get the heavy plastic coated one. It will survive lots of use and it actually will fold up.

If a group from the site was headed to B & W for the weekend I would get my ass out there.

We usually launch at Whiskey Slough close to Stockton. It's never busy.
We had a covered slip at Whiskey Slough back in the day I would be curious to see it today. Time for a drive

bocco

Reaction score
We had a covered slip at Whiskey Slough back in the day I would be curious to see it today. Time for a drive

Currently Whiskey Slough only has rack storage.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Grew up living on Bethel Island in the 1960’s about 10 houses from the old sugar barge.
The Delta and boating in general was the fastest growing sport in America at that time. As a kid there always something new and cool happening.
At 13 had a 8 foot hydroplane with a Merc 20 and spent the weekends going to ski beach and checking the v-drives...imagine 1968 pulling up to a beach full of new v-drives as a 13 year old kid I was in absolute heaven.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Grew up living on Bethel Island in the 1960’s about 10 houses from the old sugar barge.
The Delta and boating in general was the fastest growing sport in America at that time. As a kid there always something new and cool happening.
At 13 had a 8 foot hydroplane with a Merc 20 and spent the weekends going to ski beach and checking the v-drives...imagine 1968 pulling up to a beach full of new v-drives as a 13 year old kid I was in absolute heaven.

That's waaaaay cool. Do u know Bob & Steve Sherman? We boat with them a lot.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
We had a place on Bethel Island in the 70's, grew up waterskiing and riding dirt bikes at the sand pits on the island. My brothers and I talk about those days every time we get together.
I sure had some great times at Lost Isle Club in the 80's, that place was wild.

Vintage Delta Boats 1976.jpeg
This was our crew 1976ish

Hydroman55

Reaction score
100_1209.JPG
Kurt4.JPG
offshore1.jpg
100_1628.JPG
100_1260.JPG
That's waaaaay cool. Do u know Bob & Steve Sherman? We boat with them a lot.
Sherman as in concrete folks?
I still had a waterfront place on Soundmound up till a few years ago when I moved to Havasu. Long story short grew up on the island moved to SOCAL then back to the delta. On the Delta in the 60s, Parker in the 70s / 80s and back on the Delta for the 90s plus till 5 years ago. Kinda sad to see the Delta not what it once was and Havasu become crazy crowded.
Not complaining just been around to see the full spectrum.
Still have the v-drive bug from those Delta ski beach days and will be 13 again at Billy’s show with my Kurtis. Sold my Sunsation when I moved to Havasu and bought a smaller cat.
100_1209.JPG
View attachment 791773
Kurt4.JPG
offshore1.jpg
100_1628.JPG
---Note my backyard and home on Sandmound.