WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Conviction in a stand your ground case

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
So what’s your point?

Guns are bad?

The law is bad?

It’s always a bad decision at some point that leads to this shit. People not guns.

HotRod82

Reaction score
This guy deserved to be convicted....He picked a fight, lost said fight, then grabbed his gun after the other party began to leave. He didn't "stand his ground", he went after a guy that beat him up. All over a parking space, such a waste.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
The fact he was packing and started the argument to begin with means he was going to be convicted. Especially with the event being on video.

No tears shed on this one, guys like this give those of us that cary for protection a bad name.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
So what’s your point?

Guns are bad?

The law is bad?

It’s always a bad decision at some point that leads to this shit. People not guns.
The point is on the top of his head. He showed a pic of his massive gun stash yet he seems to be OK with good guys going to prison because they stand their ground.

Schizophrenia of his on display.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Never qualified as a SRG case and a poor choice by the defense. This loon started the whole issue and ended it without cause. He got what he deserved and should have gotten more than manslaughter for killing a man just protecting his GF from a loon.

C&P without comment is typical Troll bullshit anyway.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
So what’s your point?
Guns are bad?
The law is bad?

His point is "Watch me copy and paste all this anti everything Trump".. I really thought the forum had rules against "copy and paste" without any other input... Dave asked not to report them... But come on, over and over, day and night, 5, 10 a day... Ignore doesn't work if others quote him...
Ray

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
His point is "Watch me copy and paste all this anti everything Trump".. I really thought the forum had rules against "copy and paste" without any other input... Dave asked not to report them... But come on, over and over, day and night, 5, 10 a day... Ignore doesn't work if others quote him...
Ray

Yes it does. If he's on ignore, he's invisible to you.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
You sure?

It’s hard to describe with the written word lol

If someone quotes the person being ignored then the guy who put poster on ignore can see what was quoted.

I have no clue if that makes sense. Call me on my cell and it’ll make much more sense hahaha

530RL

Reaction score
What if that was a LEO that was put on the ground?

I would have voted not guilty if that same scenario played out for a LEO, so I would have to find the same verdict for an untrained citizen.

If you put a guy on the ground, especially if a subsequent toxicology report shows you are high on MDMA, in today’s world where most everyone has a weapon, you should expect that individual which you assaulted to defend themselves from further physical violence.

The other guy could have had a gun, his system had illegal drugs in it, we shouldn’t have a higher standard of self defense for an untrained citizen than a trained LEO.

But I guess that is why we have juries, all of them got a vote and voted to convict of manslaughter.

Old Texan

Reaction score

I would have voted not guilty if that same scenario played out for a LEO, so I would have to find the same verdict for an untrained citizen.

If you put a guy on the ground, especially if a subsequent toxicology report shows you are high on MDMA, in today’s world where most everyone has a weapon, you should expect that individual which you assaulted to defend themselves from further physical violence.

The other guy could have had a gun, his system had illegal drugs in it, we shouldn’t have a higher standard of self defense for an untrained citizen than a trained LEO.

But I guess that is why we have juries, all of them got a vote and voted to convict of manslaughter.
A LEO would not have acted in the manner this loon acted in from the get go. So a LEO would not have been in this position to begin with......Not understanding why you're making this into a completely different situation than what actually occurred. Is there a point being missed?

530RL

Reaction score
A LEO would not have acted in the manner this loon acted in from the get go. So a LEO would not have been in this position to begin with......Not understanding why you're making this into a completely different situation than what actually occurred. Is there a point being missed?

Sure,

Once anyone engages in physical violence as this individual did when he aggressively and actively pursued and put the shooter on the ground, they should be prepared for the other person to defend themselves.

A jury may convict him, may be hung, or may find him innocent, but you are still dead and you made the choice to assault the guy.

But that would just be my vote as a juror and understanding the law. Others are free to come to a different conclusion as they did in this case, and did in many other cases where people disagree with the outcome.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score

If someone quotes the person being ignored then the guy who put poster on ignore can see what was quoted.

I have no clue if that makes sense. Call me on my cell and it’ll make much more sense hahaha

I completely understand but think this forum software make you completely disappear.

Unless you’re not logged in.

Put me on ignore and look for my quotes someplace and we’ll find out.

Heck, you might decide to keep me there.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

You are assuming facts not in evidence.

This guy wasn't a cop, or deputised in any way.

CCW doesn't make you Johnny Law. It also doesn't give you a get-out-of-jail-free card if you pull your piece and get to work. The fact the victim retreated means the fight was over. This guy let his ego get in the way. And now he gets to go to prison and think shit over.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Sure,

Once anyone engages in physical violence as this individual did when he aggressively and actively pursued and put the shooter on the ground, they should be prepared for the other person to defend themselves.

A jury may convict him, may be hung, or may find him innocent, but you are still dead and you made the choice to assault the guy.

But that would just be my vote as a juror and understanding the law. Others are free to come to a different conclusion as they did in this case, and did in many other cases where people disagree with the outcome.
It is not defending yourself if the other party backed away. If anyone in this particular situation was "standing their ground?, it was the dead guy that pushed the aggressive loon away.

The debate you're seeking is if the dead guy actually assaulted the shooter. Is defending himself and GF assault?

530RL

Reaction score
You are assuming facts not in evidence.

This guy wasn't a cop, or deputised in any way.

CCW doesn't make you Johnny Law. It also doesn't give you a get-out-of-jail-free card if you pull your piece and get to work. The fact the victim retreated means the fight was over. This guy let his ego get in the way. And now he gets to go to prison and think shit over.
It is not defending yourself if the other party backed away. If anyone in this particular situation was "standing their ground?, it was the dead guy that pushed the aggressive loon away.

The debate you're seeking is if the dead guy actually assaulted the shooter. Is defending himself and GF assault?

And this is why we have juries.

I understand your position and you would have clearly voted to convict.

When I watch the entire video the fight was over earlier. Then the assault occurred during a re-engagement.

Just stating I would not have voted to convict based upon the entire video and how the shootee assaulted the shooter after the fight was over.

Everyone on a jury gets a vote, that would have been mine.

Last edited:

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score

I just tested this. I put OT on ignore. (Sorry OT) I cannot see him or where 530 has quoted him.

I'll take OT off ignore now. @Old Texan