WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hotel Recommendations Please

bluebleeder

Reaction score
Laughing and "why the f are you going there?" are OK in this thread. Taking the wife to see Pitbull at the Fairplex in Pamona next Sunday and don't want to drive home after. Are there any decent hotels we can stay at in the surrounding area? Or am I driving home to Simi Valley?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Stay away from most anything in Pomona! The Fairplex hotel is decent. Embassy or any of the ones off of I10 by Grand Ave.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I say the best yore gonna get from there is over near ontario airport.10 mins out of the way but way nicer . I wouldnt stay anywhere near pomona.:eek: Gonna be a madhouse at the fair with pitbull in town..

bluebleeder

Reaction score
Appreciate the suggestions. Probably just do the drive home and save myself the hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pelon

Reaction score
Best Western in San Dimas is nice and just a few minutes away. The Holiday Inn Express in San Dimas is also close to Fairplex.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
pomona dn nice places don't really go together

D19

Reaction score
Most of Pomona is kinda ghetto and it’s surrounded by quite suburban cities so there aren’t a lot of hotel options.

I stayed at the Fairplex Sheraton once after a wedding, it’s decent and clean. No complaints.

There’s also the Double Tree by Hilton off the 57 and Temple. It’s about 5-10 mins from the Fairplex. I’ve never stayed there but I have been to the restaurant and a few seminars in the hotel.

Good luck and have a good time.

Spot

Reaction score
The Fairplex is closer to San Dimas and La Verne than central Pomona. Yes, there are plenty of nice places to stay. You will be fine. My suggestion, find a place in San Dimas, Uber to the Fairplex and Uber back to your hotel when done. The cost of the Uber is no big deal because you will pay for parking at the Fairplex anyways. Enjoy your night without the long drive home.

bluebleeder

Reaction score
Appreciate everyone's take. Looking at hotels in the San Dimas area now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
My wife and her GF's like the Comfort Inn.
Good comp breakfast buffet. Nice, classic, restored building.
You can Metrolink it there if you're adventurous and can walk 12 blocks in the heat.

Magic Mike

Reaction score
If you like camping there is a pretty good Koa across the street from the Fairplex, nice pool and stuff. El Merandero around the corner is a great Mexican food spot.
Just an idea, cheap thrills right?

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
stay away from Pomona... better to drive home than stay near that dump... (I work in Pomona)

I've golf here many times.... never stayed, but decent resort...

probably 15-30 min away depending on traffic situation..

https://www.pacificpalmsresort.com/

CLdrinker

Reaction score
If you have an RV stay at the campground on top of the hill.