WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

California Prison population will soon be on the rise.

Kfabe

Reaction score
https://abc7.com/education/proposed-bill-would-ban-schools-from-suspending-students/5486781/

Senate Bill 419 would ban public and charter schools from suspending students in grades 4-8 for disruptive behavior or defiance. It will also include 9th-12th grade students until January 2025. The law already bans suspending students in grades K-3.

I dont understand teaching millions of kids that there is absolutely no repercussions for their actions. If they learn this in school they don't think that it will translate to the behavior after they leave the safety of the schools. Nothing like teaching millions of kids they can pretty much do whatever they want to do whenever they want to do it with no consequences. Good job California :rolleyes:

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
https://abc7.com/education/proposed-bill-would-ban-schools-from-suspending-students/5486781/

Senate Bill 419 would ban public and charter schools from suspending students in grades 4-8 for disruptive behavior or defiance. It will also include 9th-12th grade students until January 2025. The law already bans suspending students in grades K-3.

I dont understand teaching millions of kids that there is absolutely no repercussions for their actions. If they learn this in school they don't think that it will translate to the behavior after they leave the safety of the schools. Nothing like teaching millions of kids they can pretty much do whatever they want to do whenever they want to do it with no consequences. Good job California :rolleyes:

Nah, the Cali politicians will just continue to decriminalize everything. Only those who attempt to protect themselves will be in prison.

Kfabe

Reaction score
E92A9707-8D60-4713-BB5A-6E76377C68E9.jpeg
Nah, the Cali politicians will just continue to decriminalize everything. Only those who attempt to protect themselves will be in prison.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Who is the fuck authored this pos bill??

That's insanity!!

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Lawmakers backing the bill say suspensions disproportionately affect students of color, those with disabilities and those who identify as LGBTQ.

Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rrrr

Reaction score
We all know in the real world, school kids don't behave uniformly across racial lines. Yep, I said it. Black kids get suspended more often because they misbehave disproportionately compared to white kids. That's a proven fact.

The answer is, of course, stop all discipline so there's an equal outcome. If I was a teacher in LA schools, I'd be finding another state to teach in.

Spectra18

Reaction score
Because suspensions disproportionately targets minority’s you evil white privileged racist.

;) said a Hilary voter

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
The school gets paid for every day a kid is in class.
Kid is suspended, no dinero. No grant money. No free lunch.
Kids are no longer absent from school for sickness. They are at home on independent study. And fill out a form that says so, and is signed by the parent and teacher. That way they get their Buck 385 for that day.

RodnJen

Reaction score
The bill doesn’t read the way the news story reads, surprise. It is more of a road map for discipline and applies these rules to charter schools. These rules already exist for public school, according to the text in the bill.

pronstar

Reaction score
Using this logic, Chicago should de-criminalize murder, because these convictions target a disproportionate percentage of African-Americans.

And we should decriminalize wife-beating because it disproportionality targets NFL players.

Edit:
Beating not bearing

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The bill doesn’t read the way the news story reads, surprise. It is more of a road map for discipline and applies these rules to charter schools. These rules already exist for public school, according to the text in the bill.

As usual, you are dead wrong...

Try reading the entire bill...

This bill, commencing July 1, 2020, would apply those provisions to charter schools. Commencing July 1, 2020, the bill would additionally prohibit the suspension of a pupil enrolled in a school district or charter school in grades 4 and 5 for disrupting school activities or otherwise willfully defying the valid authority of those school personnel engaged in the performance of their duties. The bill, from July 1, 2020, until July 1, 2025, would prohibit the suspension of a pupil enrolled in a school district or charter school in any of grades 6 to 8, inclusive, for those acts.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201920200SB419

Last edited:

Andy B.

Reaction score

Yeah kind of like the way Trump gets misquoted and lied about,twisted,etc. but we're use to it. Sorry Dave I couldn't resist.:D

RodnJen

Reaction score
As usual, you are dead wrong...

Try reading the entire bill...

This bill, commencing July 1, 2020, would apply those provisions to charter schools. Commencing July 1, 2020, the bill would additionally prohibit the suspension of a pupil enrolled in a school district or charter school in grades 4 and 5 for disrupting school activities or otherwise willfully defying the valid authority of those school personnel engaged in the performance of their duties. The bill, from July 1, 2020, until July 1, 2025, would prohibit the suspension of a pupil enrolled in a school district or charter school in any of grades 6 to 8, inclusive, for those acts.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201920200SB419

And here’s the part you left out.

A pupil shall not be suspended from school or recommended for expulsion, unless the superintendent of the school district or the principal of the school in which the pupil is enrolled determines that the pupil has committed an act as defined pursuant to any of subdivisions (a) to (r), inclusive:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
And here’s the part you left out.

A pupil shall not be suspended from school or recommended for expulsion, unless the superintendent of the school district or the principal of the school in which the pupil is enrolled determines that the pupil has committed an act as defined pursuant to any of subdivisions (a) to (r), inclusive:

That's from the existing law. Not the new law, right?

getch

Reaction score
The lady is a middle school teacher and I cant believe the shit she has to deal with, I could go on for days. They're setting these kids up for failure. I wanna say the suspension thing has already been extremely difficult to do, and if they did suspend kids they have to keep the percentage rate the same as the enrollment rate per race.

Last edited:
Reactions: D19

D19

Reaction score
Can you really expect government and charter schools that are regulated and controlled by illogical bureaucrats and self absorbed teachers unions to teach logic and positive life skills to children?

These are the same schools that lower the standard passing grades in order to make themselves look good, rather than put more effort and resources into getting students to improve their learning skills.

The responsibly of teaching discipline, good charter and conduct belongs to the parents, not the school, and now more than ever is a time where that must be a priority. Unfortunately we are part of a society that favors placing responsibility on others. Bills passed like this are the result of decades of neglect and passiveness toward the conduct of parenting and holding your government accountable to the morals and standards citizens demand of themselves, their children and their government.

I feel for the teachers who truly care and want to make a difference in their students lives but don't have the support of their organization or the parents.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So one of my good friends teaches continuation high school.

I asked him about this...

Long story short, it's about more money for schools (due to less suspensions/expulsions) and making sure less than capable teachers can't have a kid suspended/expelled because the kid is looking at his phone during class.

This is my interpretation of what he actually said. His wording was a bit more... Strong.

;)

84miller

Reaction score
Went to public school in Los Angeles. High School, required haircut, shirt tucked in, PE participation and shower required. Girls could only wear pants on Friday, dresses only Monday-Tuesday. If you acted out, you were called in and got paddled. If you got suspended, your parents had to come to school to get you back in, that was after they kicked the shit out of you for getting suspended. Failing a class was shameful, you were held back if you failed. I will say most of my peers in High School became successful and have lived happy lives. I have no clue what is happening to society these days and do not want to know. I am on the downhill side of life and kinda glad I am. Hate to see how all this crap turns out twenty years from now.

Kfabe

Reaction score
Went to public school in Los Angeles. High School, required haircut, shirt tucked in, PE participation and shower required. Girls could only wear pants on Friday, dresses only Monday-Tuesday. If you acted out, you were called in and got paddled. If you got suspended, your parents had to come to school to get you back in, that was after they kicked the shit out of you for getting suspended. Failing a class was shameful, you were held back if you failed. I will say most of my peers in High School became successful and have lived happy lives. I have no clue what is happening to society these days and do not want to know. I am on the downhill side of life and kinda glad I am. Hate to see how all this crap turns out twenty years from now.

I'm not sure but, i think everything that you wrote is racist!:D:D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'm not sure but, i think everything that you wrote is racist!:D:D
Racism?
How about a new high school curriculum for this year.... Capitalism and how it's related to racism.
No joke, it's a for real thingo_O:mad:

Kfabe

Reaction score
Racism?
How about a new high school curriculum for this year.... Capitalism and how it's related to racism.
No joke, it's a for real thingo_O:mad:

GTFO.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
My kid just entered kindergarten and stuff like this scares the sh%t out of me. Then again we put her in a district that shouldnt really have to deal with any of that.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Most kids could care less if they get suspended, espicially if there's no repercussion at home. Some will wear it as a badge of rebelion and often become admired

Kid gets suspended? how bout an ass kick'n (figure of speech, not necessarily physical) when they get home....

Some type of dicipline at home for acting out in school...

"Not my Johnny/Janey (take your pick).... He/She wouldn't do that"

How's that for PC
5c6728e1eb3ce8294c22cac2-750-563.jpg

Kfabe

Reaction score
Most kids could care less if they get suspended, espicially if there's no repercussion at home. Some will wear it as a badge of rebelion and often become admired

Kid gets suspended? how bout an ass kick'n (figure of speech, not necessarily physical) when they get home....

Some type of dicipline at home for acting out in school...

"Not my Johnny/Janey (take your pick).... He/She wouldn't do that"

How's that for PC
View attachment 792142

This is very true. When i was growing up the thought of having my dad beat my ass after he got home from work was enough to keep me on the straight and narrow. The worst thing i could hear was "You just wait until your dad gets home." That 100% meant i was gonna catch an ass whooping that night. Now that I'm older I'm sure he was more pissed about my mom calling him at work and bitching about me fucking up that he was mad about whatever i had done that day. I can say without a doubt that the repercussions of my actions would have been felt at home if i was to get in trouble in school.

TCHB

Reaction score
Private schools are the way to go. Screw up and you are gone. Havasu can not even keep the girls from wearing holes on pants which is no different than other public schools. Parents are a big part of the problem.

pronstar

Reaction score
What could possibly go wrong?

IMG_2395.jpg

Despite committing a string of arrestable offenses on campus before the Florida school shooting, Nikolas Cruz was able to escape the attention of law enforcement, pass a background check and purchase the weapon he used to slaughter three staff members and 14 fellow students because of Obama administration efforts to make school discipline more lenient.

Documents reviewed by RealClearInvestigations and interviews show that his school district in Florida’s Broward County was in the vanguard of a strategy, adopted by more than 50 other major school districts nationwide, allowing thousands of troubled, often violent, students to commit crimes without legal consequence. The aim was to slow the "school-to-prison pipeline."

“He had a clean record, so alarm bells didn’t go off when they looked him up in the system,” veteran FBI agent Michael Biasello told RCI. “He probably wouldn’t have been able to buy the murder weapon if the school had referred him to law enforcement."

Gelcoater

Reaction score
People can blame the schools or politicians all they want.
It’s a parenting issue.

If I got suspended at school I wouldn’t have given one shit about what the school would do after that.
I would have worried about the ass kicking my pops would be administering as a result.

Then, knowing I “had no school” for x days, my ass would have been on a construction job site, doing the shit work. For no money. And another asskicking if I mouthed off about it.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Our consequence for fucking up was scraping and painting the eves on the house. A week or two of that shit made you think twice
Ahh!
Your dad like my me a little?

“Better get used to doing the shitty grunt work, uneducated dumbass”

That makes you think hard.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Tough roads for many so. cal. parents. I have a great principal this year, but down the road, might go private. The private schools in my area are behind academically with the subject matter of the public ones, but rules still are enforced. I'm fortunate to be able to pull that trigger if I have to.

Both my parents and 15 relatives are/were teachers, hard to go private but times have changed.
My Dad taught HS for 38 years and retired in 93' after he disarmed a knife wielding kid about to use it on another student in his class. It was the third disarming he had done over the years (Korean War Marine), but the new Principal questioned him intervening this time. That was it, retired the next week.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
What could possibly go wrong?

View attachment 792169

Despite committing a string of arrestable offenses on campus before the Florida school shooting, Nikolas Cruz was able to escape the attention of law enforcement, pass a background check and purchase the weapon he used to slaughter three staff members and 14 fellow students because of Obama administration efforts to make school discipline more lenient.

Documents reviewed by RealClearInvestigations and interviews show that his school district in Florida’s Broward County was in the vanguard of a strategy, adopted by more than 50 other major school districts nationwide, allowing thousands of troubled, often violent, students to commit crimes without legal consequence. The aim was to slow the "school-to-prison pipeline."

“He had a clean record, so alarm bells didn’t go off when they looked him up in the system,” veteran FBI agent Michael Biasello told RCI. “He probably wouldn’t have been able to buy the murder weapon if the school had referred him to law enforcement."

Classic case of fetal alcohol syndrome on that one too....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I was in line not just out of fear of my Pops. I had no doubt in my mind he could clean my clock. I think I respected my parents, more than feared them. They taught me my job was going to school. I did that, they fed me and gave me a home. Cars, gas, insurance...was on me. I could only work if my grades and school stuff was good.

Now, as for LA area schools and teachers, you'd be surprised how many are either from other states, or are products of those same schools. LAUSD has their own union, seperate from other teachers in the state. They get pay raises based on units taken...and they needn't be towards anything useful. On average, they make 5-10% more than surrounding districts. That is close to double most teachers outside of Ca. Isn't it going well?

LazyLavey

Reaction score
In my case it was my Sicilian mother I had to fear

I still quiver at the sight of a wooden spoon

I swear I walked around for years with one hand guarding my face and the other hand covering my ass!

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I feared my mom.
Despite their short stature, Vietnamese moms are GANGSTER

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was married to a Philippina. Same deal.

My dad would bust my ass with a hundred year old dried out and cracked razor strap. Bare assed, and where ever those cracks landed they would grab the skin and pull as he reached back for another swing.

That shit hurt for days.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk