WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rare Eliminator direct drive in TX

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Who knows. If I didnt have so many damn projects already , I might go and investigate myself.

On a related note, if anybody is looking for a '64 Howard flatty, I've decided to part with mine. Shes not quite a basket case but still needs some work

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Capture.JPG

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Pretty sure that is a members boat in here. I saw someone on here talking about it recently.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I have said it before about current pictures. If I had a nickel for every sale add that had the original pics that were taken 20 years ago..
In today's market that is a free boat if it matches up.
Buffing the gel + detail 1k. Trailer 1k. Decent sbc 1-2k with all the trimmings. Decent interior 1-2 k. At that point one might get a project with little investment IF you have skillz.
It's an Eliminator.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have said it before about current pictures. If I had a nickel for every sale add that had the original pics that were taken 20 years ago..
In today's market that is a free boat if it matches up.
Buffing the gel + detail 1k. Trailer 1k. Decent sbc 1-2k with all the trimmings. Decent interior 1-2 k. At that point one might get a project with little investment IF you have skillz.
It's an Eliminator.

I’d buy that thing all day long for 5k if I was looking for one. You can buff that yourself if you don’t mind the elbow grease in a couple of days (that’s multiple stages, not just making it look shiny). Trailer needs a paint job, most back there don’t care. If it runs well I’d leave it.. even if it doesn’t figure 1-1500.00 in Misc. and you have yourself a nice little ski boat that happens to be an Eliminator.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I’d buy that thing all day long for 5k if I was looking for one. You can buff that yourself if you don’t mind the elbow grease in a couple of days (that’s multiple stages, not just making it look shiny). Trailer needs a paint job, most back there don’t care. If it runs well I’d leave it.. even if it doesn’t figure 1-1500.00 in Misc. and you have yourself a nice little ski boat that happens to be an Eliminator.
I'm terrible with words but I was saying the same thing. What I listed is already done.

Backlash

Reaction score
My question with that boat would be whether or not there is any rot in the structure. Other than that and the drivetrain, most everything else is easily addressed.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
If I remember Mike Murphy worked in collaboration with Bob at Eliminator to develop that boat. I’m surprised they didn’t sell more. It’s a great boat! For $5K (probably less) someone is getting a bargain ski/wakeboard boat!

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Honestly it's too small for around these parts. 25+ is kind of the rule with how bad the water gets from all the traffic

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
If I remember Mike Murphy worked in collaboration with Bob at Eliminator to develop that boat. I’m surprised they didn’t sell more. It’s a great boat! For $5K (probably less) someone is getting a bargain ski/wakeboard boat!

From Mike...

"The answer would be yes I helped Bob with three direct rides 20 flat bottom you're basic tournament ski boat a 20 1/2 foot v Bottom. And the rarest of all 21foot 6 inch vee bottom direct drive.

That was the first boat, to be certified for tricks slalom jump and barefoot by AWsa American water ski association"

Gelcoater

Reaction score
From Mike...

"The answer would be yes I helped Bob with three direct rides 20 flat bottom you're basic tournament ski boat a 20 1/2 foot v Bottom. And the rarest of all 21foot 6 inch vee bottom direct drive.

That was the first boat, to be certified for tricks slalom jump and barefoot by AWsa American water ski association"
You talk to that guy?
Does he still have the Volvo-Rati?

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
You talk to that guy?
Does he still have the Volvo-Rati?

I ski with Murphy from time to time. "Father of Foiling"

"A Volvo Rati is an old Volvo P 1800 A really cool Volvo sports car. I owned one it was so sporty I named it the Volvo Rati . Where in the world did you hear about the Volvo Rati. My brother Nick wound up owning it, sold it overseas for a bunch of money."

download.jpg

I had to Google it!

Last edited:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I ski with Murphy from time to time. "Father of Foiling"

"A Volvo Rati is an old Volvo P 1800 A really cool Volvo sports car. I owned one it was so sporty I named it the Volvo Rati . Where in the world did you hear about the Volvo Rati. My brother Nick wound up owning it, sold it overseas for a bunch of money."

View attachment 792068

I had to Google it!
Mike had a red one years and years ago. Guess what he called it;)
I’ve known Mike since I was a teenager.
I sprayed the plug for Air Chair plug #1...
It was hot pink:)

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Awesome! Glad I could connect it to a new happy owner! Where is her new home?!

hawgty55

Reaction score
Dang. It was on my list but not ready to purchase just yet! Glad it went to where it should have gone!

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Dang. It was on my list but not ready to purchase just yet! Glad it went to where it should have gone!
It's a Mike Mack's on the Strip right now but will end up in Canyon Lake.