WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Drop Hitches

SixD9R

Reaction score
I've used the Rapid Hitch Manufacturing 3410 - 6" Drop/Rise Aluminum Rapid Hitch with 2" x 2-5/16" Plated Steel Combo Ball with good results. Always stays in the truck for those pesky Honda Civics and Toyota Prius' that like to tailgate. Polished it up when I put it on the new truck. I would probably go with a B&W if I ever pulled more than 6,000 lbs with it but I don't so it works just fine. View attachment 749468
That's very nice and shinny. Me thinks 2 girls could have fun with that at the same time :D

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Don't want to start a new thread and this seems relevant to this convo, what's the best way to lubricate the surge break system? Our trailer is making an insane racket every time we slow down.
What kind of sound is the actuator making? A rattling sound? Squealing? Only happens when braking?

The tongue and slide system is very simple. The slide has an arm that actuates the plunger on the master cylinder. There’s also a dampener, like a mini shock absorber, between the 2. That’s it. The outside of the slide where it sits inside the tube should be greased liberally.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
This is what I use. My only gripe was it only comes with one bumper plug..... So I bought extra bumpers to eliminate having to move it every time I adjusted the height. Other than that, great hitch

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
Where did you get more of those rubber plugs? I called Curt and they said they don’t sell them. All their hitches now use an Allen bolt as a set screw to take up the slack in the hitch.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
I've used the Rapid Hitch Manufacturing 3410 - 6" Drop/Rise Aluminum Rapid Hitch with 2" x 2-5/16" Plated Steel Combo Ball with good results. Always stays in the truck for those pesky Honda Civics and Toyota Prius' that like to tailgate. Polished it up when I put it on the new truck. I would probably go with a B&W if I ever pulled more than 6,000 lbs with it but I don't so it works just fine. View attachment 749468
Same here. Mine is 15 years old and still kick ass. Rated to 10k. Going to retire it soon just because of its age and look for a steel version for the piece of mind.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
4f1fa42e-c648-4a14-8a15-0470130da509.jpg