WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking to move out of Cali?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I'd suggest you avoid Houston. At all costs. I'm here on a business trip today and it's an effing SAUNA...

upload_2019-8-27_18-37-13.png

96 degrees with 82% humidity

I'll take Phoenix any/every day (and this is high humidity for Phoenix)...

upload_2019-8-27_18-38-50.png

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Humidity is the absolute worst.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Agreed. Austin is unusually humid this year more closely resembling houston than itself. My ac at home has been consistantly tripping the condensate overflow switch and has been producing 30-40 gallons of water a day. I'm having a 2nd condensate drain installed in the pan and possibly even a tertiary pump to back up the drains in removing it.

Humidity=sucks!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I'll take the average 10 degrees cooler with similar humidity to Phoenix here in Tucson. :)

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
No! Headed to the river pad and supposed to be 115 this weekend. Get my fix of the heat (Fuck humidity) and come back to the best weather in the world.
Yep, as screwed up as California is it does have the best weather in the world, bar none... And, in the spring, surf Malibu in the morning, ski Big Bear in the late afternoon...Living here in Mohave Valley Az I really miss walking outside to an overcast sky, dew on the ground, and sunny by 10am.. Here at 8am it's already 90*....
Ray

Taboma

Reaction score
I'd suggest you avoid Houston. At all costs. I'm here on a business trip today and it's an effing SAUNA...

View attachment 792341

96 degrees with 82% humidity

I'll take Phoenix any/every day (and this is high humidity for Phoenix)...

View attachment 792342

The NOAA Heat Index chart pretty much tells the story :eek::eek::eek:

Houston "Real Fee" would be higher than 136 degrees --- Now that's ugly :eek:
Havasu "RF" more like 112 --- not cool by any means, but much better !!

NOAA Heat Index.JPG

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Houston is probably the last place I would ever live. Stopped there once on a layover flight from ATL in July a few years ago. Went outside for some fresh air and thought I was going to die. :eek: It was around 105F and 95% Humidity. Couldn’t get back inside quick enough, lol.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Hee-Hee.....Drink more beer as one floats in the water or lounges under a big live oak is the best solution.:D

Joe mama

Reaction score
I was in NC all last week and that place is nice! Spent time on Norman lake beautiful!!

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Being from the East side I know about humidity. 90 degrees and 70-80% humidity is brutal and energy draining on the body. Went to Las Vegas several years ago, it was around 100 degrees out when we landed, because it was just so dry out there it felt like 85 degrees. No problem. Dry heat, LOL!!!!

shunter2005

Reaction score
Have lived in Houston area for almost 60 yrs. Yes, it's hot and it's VERY humid, but it's all what you get used to. That dry heat in AZ, even with no humidity kills me. Humidity or not, 115-120* in summer is just freakin' hot.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Have lived in Houston area for almost 60 yrs. Yes, it's hot and it's VERY humid, but it's all what you get used to. That dry heat in AZ, even with no humidity kills me. Humidity or not, 115-120* in summer is just freakin' hot.

I love when people say “it’s 120, but it’s a DRY heat”.

Yeah, so is my fucking oven, and I’m not hanging out in there, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PlanB

Reaction score
^^^ It makes a huge difference. On a government sponsored trip the the Middle East, we stayed at the port for a couple of weeks. Temps were over 120 and the humidity was terrible. Once we moved into the desert the temp was about the same, but it was dry. Night and day difference in comfort level.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I always picture myself looking like walking jelly in high humidity conditions. In the dry heat it's more of a sizzlin' bacon look, and everyone loves bacon:p:D:D

Done-it-again

Reaction score
It’s Houston, what would you expect. Dallas/Ft Worth would be much less

Current in Richmond Va and not that bad.

endobear

Reaction score
I spent a month in Dallas working outside in June. Being from the Denver area, I was dying.
Never again....

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Went to Oklahoma ONCE and it was miserable. Wasps, hornets, chiggers and humid as F. Almost needed to wring the sweat off my $$$ when paying for things with cash. Everything is just miserably damp and hot

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Panama City Florida is the worst I’ve lived in.

Walk outside and you are drenched in minutes. Even if you just sit there in the shade.
Anywhere on the Gulf is like that.

Old Texan

Reaction score
I love when people say “it’s 120, but it’s a DRY heat”.

Yeah, so is my fucking oven, and I’m not hanging out in there, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
DFW used to have the news guys frying eggs on the sidewalk every summer showing the heat at mid day.

I agree on the "dry" heat deal. Hot is hot and DFW is most always around 10 deg hotter than Houston on average.

As far as humidity, Houston is pretty bad but the worst place is Nawlins'. Never been in a more humid area than south LA

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
DFW used to have the news guys frying eggs on the sidewalk every summer showing the heat at mid day.

I agree on the "dry" heat deal. Hot is hot and DFW is most always around 10 deg hotter than Houston on average.

As far as humidity, Houston is pretty bad but the worst place is Nawlins'. Never been in a more humid area than south LA

Yeah I think it’s worse as you go east around the gulf.
Maybe it’s the prevailing weather direction east to west?

Born in Biloxi, lived in PC and spent time in New Orleans and Houston, Tampa and Clearwater.
But you’re right, the top of the gulf is stifling.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Yeah I think it’s worse as you go east around the gulf.
Maybe it’s the prevailing weather direction east to west?

Born in Biloxi, lived in PC and spent time in New Orleans and Houston, Tampa and Clearwater.
But you’re right, the top of the gulf is stifling.
FL peninsula areas have more offshore breezes that eases the effect. We lived in the Naples/Ft Meyers area and I never noticed the humidity until I went inland in the Glades.

Another area of the country that is stifling with heat humidity is the MS valley. St Louis and southern IL are crazy miserable in late summer

shunter2005

Reaction score

Exactly... DFW has a "little" less humidity but is usually hotter. I used to hate going up there to play softball years ago. It was so freakin' hot, the heat off the ground would burn the back of your legs in the infield. Plus they get all those hail storms up there. Baseball size hail sometimes. When my daughter got out of college, she got her first job up there. She bought herself a new vehicle for the first time. She called crying one morning and sent me a pic of her car. Damn thing looked like a new Titleist Pro V1.

Haven't been to NO in several years, but I would expect no less since it's built in a hole, 6 ft. or so below sea level.

Actually, we had a little respite frome the heat yesterday. Had a fast moving storm go thru last evening and the temp fell about 2*, but the humidity went up about 10%.