WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WARNING ! Stay out of the lake !

Moody

Reaction score
Need a third party to test the waters. Not the government officials.

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
About ten years ago I got a small cut on my foot wakeboarding in Havasu. Got cut on Friday. Spent Saturday partying in the Channel. Woke up Sunday and could not walk. I got a severe case of cellulitis. Had to take a week off work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Damn, hope you heal up quick. Looks nasty!

About 15 years ago cousin cut a big toe on an old tire in Kings River. Cleaned it up, but didn’t exactly stay out of the water. Few days later, end up in the hospital for a week. Nearly lost his toe. Since then, any cut or open wound, I stay out of the lake or rivers. And definitely always wear flip flops when in or around shores/beaches.

Not So Fast

Reaction score
We have lived here for 18 years now and in that time I have had way too many surgeries, the doctor has ALWAYS SAID STAY OUT OF THE LAKE, ESPECIALLY THE CHANNEL, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For at least 2-3 weeks
NSF

Ladsm

Reaction score
Earlier this spring I barely poked my finger with a staple, maybe 1 or 2 drops of blood came out and it closed up, 24 hours later I was in the ER getting cut open to get the bacterial infection out.
afinger.jpg

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
This happened (similar) to My buddy Wade (here on Rds) he went off the swim deck probably to tinkle scraped his leg and spent time there (LHC) and much much time at home/Thousand Oak in bed clearing up as I recall what they termed "celulitus"

thmterry

Reaction score
I always thought the river water north of havasu was clean. The water is cold, clear and is flushed every day when the dam is opened. I guess I was wrong.

MSum661

Reaction score
Jebus!! I hope you fully recover from that nightmare ASAP.

Isn't this the same thing that happened to Gary Kincaid at Havasu years back? Small cut???

4Waters

Reaction score
I would never be able to get in the water as I always have a cut or scrape.
My dog got overzealous one day playing while camping at the beach and bit my finger, a couple hours later I was digging around in the tide pool with my kids and within a few hours it was infected. I lanced it myself and cleaned it out neosporined the shit out of it, did the same thing the next morning and that was that no more problems.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
This happened (similar) to My buddy Wade (here on Rds) he went off the swim deck probably to tinkle scraped his leg and spent time there (LHC) and much much time at home/Thousand Oak in bed clearing up as I recall what they termed "celulitus"
That's the infection I was diagnosed with as well in my knee.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

72Hondo

Reaction score
Well shit...

This weekend was out at PK (in Texas) and stepped on a rock and pierced my skin, little blood, not much.

Never thought anything about it. Cleaned it with alcohol, some neosporin, thew a bandaid on. Continued the next few days in and out of the water. Was sore but manageable.

Doesn’t hurt at all now.

Looks like I did everything wrong lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

checkrd past

Reaction score
or should it read "don't go into the lake with an open wound"