WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Child Support Rant

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
I have 50/50 custody of my children...

My ex wife decided she wants to take a garbage job with garbage pay and no benefits. She now gets free everything from the government as a result.

Back in December I got papers indicating that the state was going to get involved in all of my financial affairs because my ex wife wants to be a lazy bum and collect free benefits on the tax payers dime.

Today I received a notice that my child support obligation is being quadrupled. The state has gathered every bit of my business income (I have several) and calculated income based on all businesses. The state is only calculating my ex wife’s primary income source and all additional jobs are not considered in their support obligation. She also got to throw magic numbers at them for her child care expenses with no receipts but I got 0 credit for paying 100% of the cost for my youngest son to attend a very expensive private academy.

I’m now looking at a mortgage payment for child support of the children I spend far more time with than their mom does because she’s stuffing them off on her family while she works 3 different jobs and only has to claim 1 for her income.

This is so f*cked. Sorry for the rant but even my attorney is telling me I’m f*cked and it’s going to cost me more to fight it than what I’ll save fighting to get the amount corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
That sucks.
Very thankful when my wife got divorced, custody 50/50 and child support was set at zero. My wife made 4x what her ex did and if that idiot had a good lawyer my wife would of been paying bank to him every month.

Reactions: DWC

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Been there done that. My ex ad someone living with her and paying rent but she denied it in court. I was paying $1100 a month for one child.

hallett21

Reaction score
Only thing I can say is it sounds like you’re a good dad to your kids. Can’t put a price on that.
Hopefully this is the worst thing going on for you. [emoji1303][emoji1303]

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I met my wife, at the time she was getting $78.50 a month per child (two boys) so easy math $157 a month .... 1991.... the next year we tried to go back and get more - duh - he had just bought a new truck, and motorcycle.... according to our attorney, we got luck because the judge didn’t completely believe her ex.... that was crying poverty... literally tears.... saying he couldn’t afford the $157.... the judge left it at that amount.

Out in the court house hallways, her ex said he is making more money than ever before.... and it’s all under the table.... so you’ll never get it....

This dude.... died shortly after the boys turned 18.... liver and other problems ..... he drank like a fish, and did drugs too...

JM21

Reaction score
I have 50/50 custody of my children...

My ex wife decided she wants to take a garbage job with garbage pay and no benefits. She now gets free everything from the government as a result.

Back in December I got papers indicating that the state was going to get involved in all of my financial affairs because my ex wife wants to be a lazy bum and collect free benefits on the tax payers dime.

Today I received a notice that my child support obligation is being quadrupled. The state has gathered every bit of my business income (I have several) and calculated income based on all businesses. The state is only calculating my ex wife’s primary income source and all additional jobs are not considered in their support obligation. She also got to throw magic numbers at them for her child care expenses with no receipts but I got 0 credit for paying 100% of the cost for my youngest son to attend a very expensive private academy.

I’m now looking at a mortgage payment for child support of the children I spend far more time with than their mom does because she’s stuffing them off on her family while she works 3 different jobs and only has to claim 1 for her income.

This is so f*cked. Sorry for the rant but even my attorney is telling me I’m f*cked and it’s going to cost me more to fight it than what I’ll save fighting to get the amount corrected.

What state do you live in?

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
I met my wife, at the time she was getting $78.50 a month per child (two boys) so easy math $157 a month .... 1991.... the next year we tried to go back and get more - duh - he had just bought a new truck, and motorcycle.... according to our attorney, we got luck because the judge didn’t completely believe her ex.... that was crying poverty... literally tears.... saying he couldn’t afford the $157.... the judge left it at that amount.

Out in the court house hallways, her ex said he is making more money than ever before.... and it’s all under the table.... so you’ll never get it....

This dude.... died shortly after the boys turned 18.... liver and other problems ..... he drank like a fish, and did drugs too...

Why would you go for more money? Did he do 50/50? If he was a part time dad I get it, if not...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Fucked up deal...this is one of the 100,001 reason I never had children .....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
This isn't the kids' fault. Blood sucking whores can cause problems with or without kids.

cofooter

Reaction score
Can't you argue that her imputed income is way higher than the lowly job she took? If she is doing this on purpose, you need a better lawyer. Really, this is a pretty good economy right now, why would she take a lower paying job on purpose.....

Halvecto

Reaction score
Fucked up deal...this is one of the 100,001 reason I never had children .....

Milk,
You wrote it, so I'll respond. I oft enjoy your posts. I respectfully offer...this is an errant statement.

No aggression here, just offering some clarity. From personal experience; while kids can be brutally exhausting, quite expensive and flat out difficult for many years; there is something radically unique to legacy flesh and blood.

Only a person who has never had kids would write that statement. From a distance, parenting can seem like a low return investment. It's not. For most, if not all, children whether personal DNA or not have a profound impact on a Man's maturity, problem solving and self-discipline. Almost always for good. Seeing yourself in your kids (both the good and bad) is a blessing (and humbling) beyond description. It's generates a different love and concern than any other relationship. As I get older, I also grow in greater respect, appreciation and love for my own Dad & GrandDad.

In fact, as I remember there was a little kiddo loving the river on your boat just recently. The best kids have strong Dads. They flourish in the structure.

You'd likely be a great Dad.

"Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court."

— Psalm 127:3-5

Last edited:

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Start dating her and remarry.Gotta feeling you know what to do from there.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Ha e a little fun Drop a dime to the IRS about her undeclared income ! Divorse or not they dont discriminate about getting their share !!

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
I paid $8600 a month to my ex for 14 years. Dont get me started.

But at the end of the day, it was worth it.

Holy Shit!

When it’s all said and done, cheaper to keep her came at the cost of my sanity. My sanity isn’t $8600 a month but after the lawyer costs it probably won’t be far off.

There is no reason any woman should ever get paid $8600 a month for having children.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Milk,
You wrote it, so I'll respond. I oft enjoy your posts. I respectfully offer...this is an errant statement.

No aggression here, just offering some clarity. From personal experience; while kids can be brutally exhausting, quite expensive and flat out difficult for many years; there is something radically unique to legacy flesh and blood.

Only a person who has never had kids would write that statement. From a distance, parenting can seem like a low return investment. It's not. For most, if not all, children whether personal DNA or not have a profound impact on a Man's maturity, problem solving and self-discipline. Almost always for good. Seeing yourself in your kids (both the good and bad) is a blessing (and humbling) beyond description. It's generates a different love and concern than any other relationship. As I get older, I also grow in greater respect, appreciation and love for my own Dad & GrandDad.

In fact, as I remember there was a little kiddo loving the river on your boat just recently. The best kids have strong Dads. They flourish in the structure.

You'd likely be a great Dad.

"Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court."

— Psalm 127:3-5
I totally agree with you ....except I think I would suck as a dad. ...

My comment is in no way shape or form toward a child or any child ......

I believe children or innocent creatures on this planet and I get enjoyment out of spending time with other peoples children ( as I will never have my own) ..

My comment was directed more towards the blood sucking ex wife that suck as mothers and try to screw over dad on purpose. I do believe a dad and mother should take care of their children , whether together or not equally .....

So maybe I should of worded it differently, although there is truth to my statement. Just not only that was a factor , there was any more and bigger ones that made my decision early to never have kids , hell I dont even know if I shot blanks are not lol ....

So, with that said, my comment was not meant in malice to any of the members or their children and if did offend anyone in that context, I apologize...

I still stand behind my statement, should of worded differently...

Hell my step daughters I had when married had a piece 9f shit father who owed 40k in back child support ..hence why I did everything for them that I could ...during my marriage ....

Halvecto

Reaction score

I believe children or innocent creatures on this planet and I get enjoyment out of spending time with other peoples children ( as I will never have my own) ..

My comment was directed more towards the blood sucking ex wife that suck as mothers and try to screw over dad on purpose. I do believe a dad and mother should take care of their children , whether together or not equally .....

So maybe I should of worded it differently, although there is truth to my statement. Just not only that was a factor , there was any more and bigger ones that made my decision early to never have kids , hell I dont even know if I shot blanks are not lol ....

So, with that said, my comment was not meant in malice to any of the members or their children and if did offend anyone in that context, I apologize...

Hell my step daughters I had when married had a piece 9f shit father who owed 40k in back child support ..hence why I did everything for them that I could ...during my marriage ....

No worries. I wasn't offended or triggered.

I still think you'd make a terrific Dad. My .02. Those daughters would benefit from even a little bit of you.

BTW, Keep showing up - every day. Greatest antidote to anger and frustration...gratitude.

DWC

Reaction score
I paid $8600 a month to my ex for 14 years. Dont get me started.

But at the end of the day, it was worth it.

Did she have an unfortunate accident after 14 years or finally feel bad?

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Lol.....I tell my boys....would you ever put your dick in a meat grinder? .....lol....Know where u put it boys. :D

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Not once did I say it was the kids fault. Where in the fuck did you see that ...

Well you mentioned why you didn't have kids...no mention of blood sucking whores...

Now this one I see what you mean.

You know, people may find you a bit less gruff after that response:p

milkmoney

Reaction score
Well you mentioned why you didn't have kids...no mention of blood sucking whores...

Ummm I said one of the 100,001 reasons why I didnt have children ...hence there were 100,00 other reasons why I didnt either ....

And just so you know, since you dont know me or have never met me .....you have no idea if I am abrasive or not and I dont give a fuck what anybody thinks of me on the internet , dont believe all that you read. I will tell you one thing is for sure you can take to the bank. I am an asshole

Let me add this, rd is the only person that has ever called me abrasive, I know you drank the cool aid, but in 52 years that is just an opinion .....breath.

Last edited:

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Female lawyer, if you were in Ca I’d refer mine.
Take full custody, let her still have equal visitation if she wants. And pay zero to her. Or she can pay you.
Dads rights are real. Most just accept mother’s getting what they want. I’m not that Dad
When I got divorced - 15 years married, no alimony, no child support, only small amount to get her name off my business.
Byeeeeeee.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I'm with Milky. Shit like this is one reason I will never have kids. Too much risk in way too many areas.

That's not saying anything bad about kids or anybody that has kids. For my significant other and I, the cost, pain in the ass, and overall situation that would create (in our opinion) isn't worth the reward. We have way too much fun now and like our situation just the way it is.

Some of you sure are being hard on the ol' titty tugger for not wanting to have kids. I can't see why having that perspective is a bad thing?

milkmoney

Reaction score
I'm with Milky. Shit like this is one reason I will never have kids. Too much risk in way too many areas.

That's not saying anything bad about kids or anybody that has kids. For my significant other and I, the cost, pain in the ass, and overall situation that would create (in our opinion) isn't worth the reward. We have way too much fun now and like our situation just the way it is.

Some of you sure are being hard on the ol' titty tugger for not wanting to have kids. I can't see why having that perspective is a bad thing?
Thank you for your support ...lol.

The funny thing I found in life , is that people with kids dont understand people without kids , but the kid less people understand....it is what it is

Singleton

Reaction score

Meet and spend time with him in person. Your thoughts would be different.
People give MM shit, but in reality he is a big teddy bear, just ask @OldSchoolBoats kids. They love the salty bastard.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Ummm I said one of the 100,001 reasons why I didnt have children ...hence there were 100,00 other reasons why I didnt either ....

And just so you know, since you dont know me or have never met me .....you have no idea if I am abrasive or not and I dont give a fuck what anybody thinks of me on the internet , dont believe all that you read. I will tell you one thing is for sure you can take to the bank. I am an asshole

Let me add this, rd is the only person that has ever called me abrasive, I know you drank the cool aid, but in 52 years that is just an opinion .....breath.

Don't get me wrong, I still think you're an asshole.
"Gruff" was being polite...and I don't think I've ever used the word abrasive to describe a human.
Two guys I have met from here say you're a good guy (and an asshole). I trust their judgment.

DWC

Reaction score
Kid probably was old enough for no more child support.
Always heard that the child support was bad but the alimony
Female lawyer, if you were in Ca I’d refer mine.
Take full custody, let her still have equal visitation if she wants. And pay zero to her. Or she can pay you.
Dads rights are real. Most just accept mother’s getting what they want. I’m not that Dad
When I got divorced - 15 years married, no alimony, no child support, only small amount to get her name off my business.
Byeeeeeee.

That’s a great lawyer. Holy hell. After 1 years in California you’re usually done. Child support til they’re 18, unless they go to school. Alimony until they re-marry and why would they.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I still think you're an asshole.
"Gruff" was being polite...and I don't think I've ever used the word abrasive to describe a human.
Two guys I have met from here say you're a good guy (and an asshole). I trust their judgment.

How could you even think anything about me if you have never met me ...I have zero opinion of you , cause I never met you ....

Oh you being polite ...calling me gruff...wow. settle down cowgirl....lol

And I would believe any of these assclowns on here .....

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Always heard that the child support was bad but the alimony

That’s a great lawyer. Holy hell. After 1 years in California you’re usually done. Child support til they’re 18, unless they go to school. Alimony until they re-marry and why would they.
I got full custody of kids. So technically she should of been paying me.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
How could you even think anything about me if you have never met me ...I have zero opinion of you , cause I never met you ....

Oh you being polite ...calling me gruff...wow. settle down cowgirl....lol

And I would believe any of these assclowns on here .....

source.gif

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Reminds me I recently went on a date with a women that told me she will never be married again. She was not giving up 10k a month... I lost her number a few seconds after she said that. Damn shame as she was very attractive until that point.

I had a distant I law that ran a plumbing company until 2008. He had 30+ guys working for him he was paying some crazy ammount well above 10k. Then the house market crashes and his business went down to 3 people( he did not do service just new construction) so he went back to court and tried to have his monthly drop. Which they did, but then things went from bad to the phone not ringing, so he went back and they said nope. So .ca suspended his contractors licsene, then his drivers license. So you had a plumber that was barely making it, you kill his business and make him unemployable in his trade. He was ok for about a year, then got pulled over for something and his truck got impounded. He lost every after that, got into meth. I ran into him in home depot about 5 years ago, he had zero teeth, riding a bike as he still can not drive. He said he owes like 400k in back child support, that even if he was too pay his daughter would never see a dime of it the county would just take it. As she is in her 20s now married with 2 kids.

Last edited: