WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone here a bus mechanic?

DaBank

Reaction score
Any bus mechanics here in southern California? I need to have 8 airbags installed and tie rods and upper control arms installed on a 2001 Prevost/Marathon. Already have the new factory parts.

fmo24

Reaction score
I think there is a guy that was/is will try to think of his screen name

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Ez job really. Just a hand full of wrenches. Then alignment. All truck parts really. No big

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
In the famous words of Campbell Carl (I’m paraphrasing)...

Isn’t taking your own parts to be installed at a shop like taking your own eggs to the restaurant to have the chef cook your breakfast?

I miss him...

IMG_1338.JPG

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Transit here. Im not saying you wont, however, finding someone reputable that does a good job for sidework is gonna be super hard.
If you happen to find someone willing to do it that happen to come from a sub like first transit or mv, run.

DaBank

Reaction score
In the famous words of Campbell Carl (I’m paraphrasing)...

Isn’t taking your own parts to be installed at a shop like taking your own eggs to the restaurant to have the chef cook your breakfast?

I miss him...

View attachment 792358
Almost all parts for Prevost are manufactured by/for them. You have to buy from them and have a account set up with them (I do).
The air bags obviously you can cross reference and buy from the manufacturer.

DaBank

Reaction score
Transit here. Im not saying you wont, however, finding someone reputable that does a good job for sidework is gonna be super hard.
If you happen to find someone willing to do it that happen to come from a sub like first transit or mv, run.

I am looking for a reputable shop or a charter bus company that also work on private stuff. Or even a mechanic that works at a shop that allows them to do side work at the shop.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Rv doctor in lake elsinore. 15/74. They got a big shop. Drove by all day. Give em a shout. I dont know anything about them but thought of this thread when i saw it

milkmoney

Reaction score
Rv doctor in lake elsinore. 15/74. They got a big shop. Drove by all day. Give em a shout. I dont know anything about them but thought of this thread when i saw it
Since you got nothing but time , waiting on that new Pete...make a few bucks on the side

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Arent most prevost million plus rigs.
The labor seems crazy but it’s a relative, dropping 4-5k to have done right w the manufacture standing behind the work on their rig, seems like a good deal for piece of mind.

That’s like the 4 million home looking for a deal on a gardener, lol

Big boy toys cost big boy dollars, pay up sucka

Idk maybe it’s just me

If it’s a legit shop you find, prob ok. But still it a Prevost not a Winnebago. Just sayin

DaBank

Reaction score
Arent most prevost million plus rigs.
The labor seems crazy but it’s a relative, dropping 4-5k to have done right w the manufacture standing behind the work on their rig, seems like a good deal for piece of mind.

That’s like the 4 million home looking for a deal on a gardener, lol

Big boy toys cost big boy dollars, pay up sucka

Idk maybe it’s just me

If it’s a legit shop you find, prob ok. But still it a Prevost not a Winnebago. Just sayin

I make sure usually only the dealer works on my stuff so if there is a problem they where the only one that touched it.
Prevost is saying that control arms are a 12 hour job and to do the control arms you have to remove the shocks and air bags.
So any other logical company/person would not then charge you more to install the new shocks and airbags. Prevost does because they charge you what ever the book rate is for EACH individual job, so airbags by themselves is 8 hours and shocks by themselves is 3 hours. So now 23 hours to do the job.
They already charge twice the hours the repairs actually take and if you go there you have to deal with that,
but then charging you individual repairs rates for one repair is mind blowing.

atlas

Reaction score
Have you tried Colton truck terminal in Colton California they are always working on Prevo’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaBank

Reaction score
Have you tried Colton truck terminal in Colton California they are always working on Prevo’s
I actually forgot about them. I have used them before, maybe 12 to 15 years ago. Do you deal with them?

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
The High Desert

You might get ahold of your local Fleet Pride (HD truck parts place) and talk to a few of the counter guys...see if they can recommend a decent shop.

rush1

Reaction score
Have you used them? If so have you used the Costa Mesa location?
I personally haven't however I have some friends that have used the Costa Mesa location for front air bag replacement, they did a good job.

atlas

Reaction score

Yes I use them at least once a month they are the best in the area and know there stuff

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I can’t imagine a worse job on this planet than working on a bus / motor home ...