WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

28-30 foot Party Cat Deck Boat's with a porta-potty?

Hallett Mini

Reaction score
Went to the boat show a couple weeks ago and the wife said no way in hell will we get another pontoon for at least a couple of decades. We also tend to dislike center consoles because of the lack of a real swim platform.

This brings us to the party cats but we must have a spot that an adult (I'm 6' and 180lbs) can get in to use a porta potty. I've spent the day reading everything I can find but haven't seen anything. Anybody know of a manufacturer that has or had that feature?

Trying to stay in the sub 32' range due to indoor storage limitations.

Thanks, Ken

milkmoney

Reaction score
Where did you go to a boat show at ????

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I'm sure your research is based on a need. Either medical or just because. I'm just not one to want to carry that thing out of the boat at the end of the day and dispose of........stuff.

Magics have a suitable sized compartment for a porta on the driver side.

good luck in your search

Hallett Mini

Reaction score
I'm sure your research is based on a need. Either medical or just because. I'm just not one to want to carry that thing out of the boat at the end of the day and dispose of........stuff.

Magics have a suitable sized compartment for a porta on the driver side.

good luck in your search

More of a just because. We want to be able to go out for the entire day. It would only be used if the need was critical. I've had to deal with them in the past and not my favorite either.

Hallett Mini

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. The only one I'd seen with a space big enough is the Advantage X-Flight. I guess pictures are deceiving.

I'm good with traveling to a Boat Show out west to check some out in person. Any recommendations on which show(s) will have more of the custom builders (Hallett, Lavey, Nordic) and less of the mainstream makes (Regal, Cobalt...)?

milkmoney

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. The only one I'd seen with a space big enough is the Advantage X-Flight. I guess pictures are deceiving.

I'm good with traveling to a Boat Show out west to check some out in person. Any recommendations on which show(s) will have more of the custom builders (Hallett, Lavey, Nordic) and less of the mainstream makes (Regal, Cobalt...)?
Lake havasu boat show , usually in April a week or two before desert storm....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

guest hs

Reaction score
Most people think they are a great addition to a boat, but after having to use and empty them a few times it get anymore use and the area becomes just storage area

guest hs

Reaction score

I sell Regal if you have any questions

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Most people think they are a great addition to a boat, but after having to use and empty them a few times it get anymore use and the area becomes just storage area

In my circles they dont get much play on day trips. As you said - bit of a pain to deal with.

Where they become worth the haul is on a muti day trip, especially on a lake like Powell where a campsite requires one.

Fairly unique the lavey 28's wet lockers/ ice chests drain to the lake vs. the bilge.

UD

Hallett Mini

Reaction score
I understand the hassles of marine sanitation. I've had 4 boats that had porta potty's in the past.
We just sold a 44' Express Cruiser to get back into performance boats so a basic creature comfort of a head being available is wanted.

Alway$umthin'

Reaction score

The eticket deck storage area is big enough to sit and be completely enclosed. Here's a pic with a porta potty. My eticket happens to be for sale...

Attachments

• Eticket Storage.jpg
    Eticket Storage.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 254

Hallett Mini

Reaction score
I sell Regal if you have any questions

Nice boats! They're built about 40 miles from me. We spent a lot of time on the 2800 and the 29 OBX at the Orlando show. Loved the 29 but can't justify the $50K delta just to have outboards. Plus wifey wants something more performance oriented.

Hallett Mini

Reaction score
Sounds like you are looking for new? Boat shows are great. Traveling across the country to go to a show isn't that great. Use the phone.

I've flown in for one day at a show and you're right it was exhausting. We always make a long weekend of it or even stretch it out longer if the area is interesting and there's stuff to do after the show.

The trick is targeting a show by seeing who the exhibitors are and contacting them to see which models they are bringing. Just showing up and hoping to find what you want is not a good strategy.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
The eticket deck storage area is big enough to sit and be completely enclosed. Here's a pic with a porta potty. My eticket happens to be for sale...

E-Tickets are all twins right? Or do they have a single engine boat?

UD

707dog

Reaction score
Check out some of the non custom big manufacturer's they have some large open bows with bigger power options most have a sit down shitter and fresh water

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll see a good representation of custom performance boats at the November 16-17 8th Annual Sand-Water-RV Expo in Havasu. Most of the west coast performance builders will be there including a couple of new/old faces -- Cheetah and Interceptor. Interesting fact -- the Sand-Water-RV Expo which features boats, off-road vehicles and RVs/travel trailers is 25% larger than it was in 2018 and now is physically a larger show than the Havasu Boat Show which is coming up April 3-4-5, 2020.

floatn turd

Reaction score
I don't who has the molds (if anyone)
But the Aftershock Afterparty 28ft Party Cat had a shitter compartment and a pretty sweet ass rear swim step as well.
Pretty good boat if you put decent power in it.

FT

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
X flight would fit that bill extremely well. I’d think an old 26-28 party cat might as well

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I do a couple of outback camping trips every year. I have the most expensive porta potty I could find with all the bells and whistles and I still absolutely hate it. I have reverted back to using the "double duty" pack it out set up. At the end of the day I think it is way more sanitary and less prone to spills etc.. Its a five gallon bucket with a snap on toilet seat and lid. They make a double liner with lime pre-added and a double zip lock final bagging set up. Then I take whatever number of those get filled on a trip and double bag them in contractor style trash bags. Shove the whole quadruped set up into the bucket with a gasketed food grade type lid and its bullet proof with zero odor...

The clean up on a portapotty never seems to get rid of that chemical shitty odor and its a disgusting job...

Hallett Mini

Reaction score
X flight would fit that bill extremely well. I’d think an old 26-28 party cat might as well
Have you ever had the chance to run (or review) an X-flight? Curious how they handle the standard 2' wind blown chop mixed in with a cruiser wake or two that we get here.

They look in pictures like they have a pretty low freeboard is why I ask.

Edit: I just found your review...I'll read it tonight!

Last edited:

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
The Laveycraft party prowler will accommodate you.
Its a very large 28 FT boat.
Should really have been called a 30.

UD

Very true, I had a porta potty on mine and there was plenty of room inside the bulkheads for it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Have you ever had the chance to run (or review) an X-flight? Curious how they handle the standard 2' wind blown chop mixed in with a cruiser wake or two that we get here.

They look in pictures like they have a pretty low freeboard is why I ask.

Edit: I just found your review...I'll read it tonight!

There is nothing low freeboard about an X-Flight.. They are basically a 29' Vee Bottom underneath a deck.

27 X-Flight Boat Test https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/articles/advantage-27-x-flight-merc-565-bravo-xr.282/

As well Post 124 in the 2019 Los Angeles Boat Show review. I am pretty sure they offer a porta potty as an option, but could probably install a macerator if asked.

https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/2019-los-angeles-boat-show-report.194993/page-3

rvrrun

Reaction score
Does the 34 Party Cat have one? I haven't been on one, but remember a huge covered area behind the helm.

Hallett Mini

Reaction score
Does the 34 Party Cat have one? I haven't been on one, but remember a huge covered area behind the helm.

Wow, 34!

It's bigger than we can deal with here. Because of the hurricanes we get (Dorian is currently on the way) I'll only keep a boat in a 150MPH wind rated warehouse and the local guy has a strict policy of tandem only trailers due to the turning radius. I've worked with a couple trailer companies and they tell me 32' LOA is about as far as I should go on a tandem with 16" wheels. Sad to say that there probably won't be a stylish California type custom painted steel trailer with 3 axles and polished fenders in my future. Gotta be aluminum only around here.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Wow, 34!

It's bigger than we can deal with here. Because of the hurricanes we get (Dorian is currently on the way) I'll only keep a boat in a 150MPH wind rated warehouse and the local guy has a strict policy of tandem only trailers due to the turning radius. I've worked with a couple trailer companies and they tell me 32' LOA is about as far as I should go on a tandem with 16" wheels. Sad to say that there probably won't be a stylish California type custom painted steel trailer with 3 axles and polished fenders in my future. Gotta be aluminum only around here.

I know the original 26 had a portapotty down in the helm. The X-Flight is plenty deep enough to put it real head in it. I have only bee on one 34 out on the water, but I can't remember a place for a head. They might have have one in the helm, but for some reason I don't think so.

RD

gqchris

Reaction score
My buddy had a real head on his cat with straight pump out between the Sponsons. So obviously no deuces. and girls were told to air dry. lol

If you were tall, you had to pull a R2D2, and have your head sticking up while kneeling!

Came in handy during Xmas parades.

star-wars-droids-artoo-r2d2-2400x1200-519135264726.jpg

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
My chaparral come with a porta potty and it has lots of room

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Take a dump before you go boating and your vessel options open up considerably.

With boating type peeps they know this -

With " new guys" or "new chicks" they always seem to have a drop a deuce and pee constantly. It's beyond a mystery to me.

Typically with a cat deck boat you can isolate the "aromatherapy zone" to one side and avoid it the rest of the trip ,
With most V's you store lots underneath in the cabin and once kids hit the skid every time you go down below, you get a fresh lungfull of jimmy johns colon sausage.

UD

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I’ve had a porta-pooper on board for years and it’s never been used. The rule on my boat is: You use it - You clean it. So far nobody has had to go that bad, lol.

I would give Adrenaline Trailer a call. Pretty sure you could put a 34’ Party Cat on a tandem trailer. Just need to work out the axles & wheel/tire sizes to carry the load. It’s only a 8000# Boat with twins, so it’s not that big of a deal!

comfortably numb

Reaction score
Just sold my 26' party cat I'm 6' tall and had no problems getting and out of my shower/porta potty stall.
Plenty of room to turn around. Never used the shitter but the G-kids did.

Hallett Mini

Reaction score
I don't who has the molds (if anyone)
But the Aftershock Afterparty 28ft Party Cat had a shitter compartment and a pretty sweet ass rear swim step as well.
Pretty good boat if you put decent power in it.

FT
This looks like a big boat. Thanks for the tip. Wifey likes the swim step.