WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What to do? Manteca Ca.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Outside San. Fran.
My kid is there on business for a week. Never been there.
Any recommendations? Eats?

Tia
Jim

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
There was a place a few years back we went to called Ernie's fine food, the place rocked, looked like a dive from the outside but food was off the hook. I just cruised thru there headed back up to Sac for work.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Don’t know about anything in Manteca but Smitty’s wings and things in Stockton is about 20 minutes away. Cool place good wings and and bomb ass wedge salad. I know a salad right but something about the way they do it

It was always a must hit for us when I was in the area.

ultrajet

Reaction score
There’s nothing in Manteca other Delicatto Winery ( cheap wine) but if you head north east into the foothills an hour drive or so to Murphy’s it’s beautiful country, lots of wineries , etc

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Go light a bag of dogshit on fire leave it on Nancy Pelosi's doorstep ring the bell and run. :p:D

Are you from CA? Manteca isn't even close to that wrinkled bag of gas Pelosi...

upload_2019-8-27_18-30-43.png

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Don’t go to Stockton. There is a reason it’s called the armpit of CA

Manteca is kind of a small town. Not much going on

Did you bring a boat? You are very close to some nice lakes and the Delta

Maybe go up to Don Pedro and see if the salvaged the capsized 3 story house boat or if it’s still belly up on the lake :p:D

Last edited:

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Use to be a big Water slide park out east of town. Not sure if it's still there, but a good way to beat the outdoor heat...Small RV park/campground and a lake with cable pulled water-skiing... We would call that the first nights stop while headed to Oregon, and stay the next day for the kids to play before heading out north to Lakeside Oregon...
Ray

dribble

Reaction score
Just one thing. There is a Taco / food stand called La Costa. Go there and get the tacos Asada. There are no better tacos anywhere.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Bass Pro shop is in Manteca, he can check out the Delta, Weinerschnitzel, Ghirardelli Chocolate factory has a tour I think?? Have him drive to Sacramento and hit the train museum, old town Sac.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Haven Acres on the southeast Delta has great food & it's on the water. Not great views of the Delta but the staff is usually nice looking females.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Dust Bowl Brewing in Turlock for beer/dinner. 30 minutes south of Manteca on highway 99.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Take the drive to valley springs then go the back way to Tahoe

I used to live in Valley Springs and worked in Manteca (Manteca means "lard" in Spanish!:D). There is not much in Manteca and even less in Valley Springs. The drive over the hill on highway 88 is beautiful but go midweek otherwise you'll get stuck behind some d-bag that refuses to use the turnouts.

There are a lot of cool little towns east of Manteca like Angels Camp (home of the Calavaras County Frog Jumping Contest), Murphys, Sheep Camp, and my favorite just because I like saying the name, Copperopolis! There are also many lakes in the area and the roads are great drives. And of course, not far to Yosemite. A nice long drive would be going east out of Manteca then north on Jack Tone through the farms in the valley to highway 4 east. It goes through Arnold and Big Trees and the mountains over to Markleeville then highway 88 back west to Jackson. Then 49 south to Moke Hill and 26 to Valley Springs and back to 99.

If your kid is more of a city guy then the drive to the bay isn't too far but traffic can suck and Sac is about an hour north. Old Town Sac is fun.

E4L

Reaction score
I live a half hour away. Ripon has some nice places for dinning downtown Modesto has some night life. And here in Turlock we have a brewery called dustbowl with some good brews. Tracy also has a brewery called Morgan Territory that has some as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E4L

Reaction score
Don’t go to Stockton. There is a reason it’s called the armpit of CA

Manteca is kind of a small town. Not much going on

Did you bring a boat? You are very close to some nice lakes and the Delta

Maybe go up to Don Pedro and see if the salvaged the capsized 3 story house boat or if it’s still belly up on the lake :p:D

And not yet on the HB

E4L

Reaction score
Use to be a big Water slide park out east of town. Not sure if it's still there, but a good way to beat the outdoor heat...Small RV park/campground and a lake with cable pulled water-skiing... We would call that the first nights stop while headed to Oregon, and stay the next day for the kids to play before heading out north to Lakeside Oregon...
Ray

Closed about 15-20 years ago. They are building a wolf lodge now.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Lmao..... kid update !
Ahh these Millenials.....Carry a map?
nope!
Hes SW in Tracy. Absolutely no idea where he is or how to getto his hotel in Manteca.....MOM.....
His phone has no internet servuce so no Waze or mapquest. He drove past the 205. I find him on my phone with Waze andtalk
him back to his hotel from my couch in Chicago!
Businessman my Ass!!
26 going on 14, I swear..:D

great_escape

Reaction score
If he's a boater or at least enjoys watching boats go by, he should check out Taco Tuesday at windmill cove. It's probably about 1/2 hour via car from Manteca. Garlic bro's in Stockton is another place with a deck. Wouldn't go to either of these places just for the food but the view is rewarding. @707dog, @Boat211 @lake p.a.l. @HighVoltage329 might have some better suggestion as they have covered a lot more of the Delta than myself.

Last edited:

707dog

Reaction score
If he's a boater or at least enjoys watching boats go by, he should check out taco Tuesday at windmill cove. It's probably about 1/2 hour via car from Manteca. Garlic bro's in Stockton is another place with a deck. Wouldn't go to either of these places just for the food but the view is rewarding. @707dog, @Boat211 @lake p.a.l. @HighVoltage329 might have some better suggestion as they have cover a lot more of the Delta than myself.

Windmill this weekend will be happening concerts,eye candy the whole nine. Union point has good food gets pretty busy there. Port of stockton has a couple good restaurants should be pretty busy. Orwood in the evening is pretty happening also theres some good ramp follies...downtown livermore is pretty happening good night life. EL4 has nice pool and a fridge full of beer and knows how to make chile verde...If I was hitting the delta this weekend I'd take him out for a cruise show him our little river but we are lake bound.

Reactions: E4L

E4L

Reaction score
Windmill this weekend will be happening concerts,eye candy the whole nine. Union point has good food gets pretty busy there. Port of stockton has a couple good restaurants should be pretty busy. Orwood in the evening is pretty happening also theres some good ramp follies...downtown livermore is pretty happening good night life. EL4 has nice pool and a fridge full of beer and knows how to make chile verde...If I was hitting the delta this weekend I'd take him out for a cruise show him our little river but we are lake bound.

You crack me up dog. Where you going this weekend

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Lived in Manteca 30+ years. Not sure what business could be doing there, but the town is growing.
Not a lot to do in town, but the Delta has a lot to offer. However best by boat.
Eats in Manteca, Ernie's as said above is good food. El Jardin is good Mexican food. Shrimp Enchiladas and Coronaritas. Las Casuelas is pretty good also.
I asked my kids about any places for night life and their answer was "its nothing but gangsters and thugs".