WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tie Your Boat Down-Fail Pic

BajaMike

Reaction score
I don’t know the story....saw this on Facebook.

1D226F82-9F1B-42D9-AF0A-664D16C18DFF.jpeg

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
It looks to me like it has straps hanging down from the transom tie downs.

I know first hand those straps plus the bow strap won't hold a 19 foot boat down first hand.
I also bet it barely scratched the gel. ;)

CobraDave

Reaction score
I think tie downs would absolutely have prevented that. Me and the wife were commenting on the last drive home about people towing their boats. Every one I came across had some Mickey moused rigged tie downs or none at all. Every one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buggydave

Reaction score
Is it just me or does it look like the front of the trailer might have broke, or maybe the hitch? front of trailer seems pretty low.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I'd guess that to create the momentum required to launch that boat over the truck, the hitch failed and the safety chains held. The chains allowed the trailer to back off a couple feet and when he hit the brakes hard, the trailer came on strong with the boat over coming it's tie downs in a big way.

The trailer tongue looks low and disconnected. I'm thinking trailer hitch failure under acceleration and then hard braking to create that amount of forward force.

Albert

Reaction score
All I know is his tags are expired

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Looks like same boat..
boat-crashes-into-ram-pickup.jpg
definitely a lot of momentum especially what looks like to be more of an "in town" area. Maybe the rope hanging off the back has something to do with not being secured to the trailer.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Somewhere around 2001 my brother and his girlfriend at the time were in the backseat of my dads F250 that I was using to tow my 22' Crownline. She starts getting mouthy (I couldn't stand the bitch), I had drank a few beers (was under 21) and had heard enough. I grenade the brakes with the full intention of kicking her ass out of the truck. WELL, we hadn't put the rear straps on when we left the ramp. The boat flew forward, broke the front strap on the way by, rode up the front roller of the trailer that's near the winch, and took flight. The bow eye CRUSHED into dead center of the back of the cab right into the cab mounted brake light! As the nose of the boat came up the back obviously came down and the outdrive caught and FOLDED the rear axle of the trailer on the way by! The whole deal comes to a stop, there is a legit 22' boat in the bed of the truck, and I am certainly not sober as well as underage! I drove almost a mile to a place to pull over, and try to figure out what to do. When it was all over, we ended up with a wrecker that had a crane type hoist pick it up off the truck, used a jack between the front and rear axles to force the rear back closer to straight, and then set the boat back on the trailer. COPS NEVER SHOWED UP! I paid to have my dads truck fixed, the boat AMAZINGLY had very little damage and was easily repaired by myself. I sold the boat a year later for enough profit that it actually covered the cost of repairs to my dads rig, and I moved on with life. People..................Put your rear straps on!

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I was coming back to alb from Barstow one Sunday night back in ~2012 on I40. Was dark, probably 1030-11.

I look in my mirror and this big truck (semi I assumed) was rollin up on my QUICK. I was doin 80-85. He caught me and passed me like I was standing still.

When he passed it was a sport chassis (or similar, maybe a Kodiak) and a 32+ foot cat with twins. I was like, rad! I gotta catch this guy and check out the boat! He was doing 95-110mph most of the way, and when he would pass trucks he would swerve all over. I held back a bit to stay out of harms way, but still stayed there with him, interested (and it was keeping me awake!) A few times, I swear the trailer hit the guardrail. At one point he wound up nearly sideways off the road and gravel hit my windshield and broke it.

Every time he got sideways, off the road, hit a dip, etc..the boat would bounce 2-3’ off the trailer! I have no clue how it didn’t bounce off.

He got off on the 95 to go to havasu, so I did too thinking he’d stop at the gas station. Nope, never slowed down one bit. I got back on 40 and came home.

In retrospect...I halfway wonder if it was stolen? I wish I still had the pics/video of it.

After watching that, my boats get double strapped down!

Reactions: DUN

pixrthis

Reaction score
17547BA3-A578-4AC1-A2AF-4CA5AC5680CF.png

5 South Bound in Santa Clarita before Magic Mountain. Might of been better going to work this day.

Reactions: DUN

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Not sure I see any place on the trailer where the tie downs would've been uh, tied down...

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 4.23.40 PM.png

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
And it was a 2500 Ram (Cummins powered)...
Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 4.25.55 PM.png

Tank

Reaction score
How’s that upside down shit even happen, was he drifting his trailer
I don’t know but it happens every once in a while. Too fast, blow out(s)??

The last pic is little Caesar’s 47’ Apache in the weeds. Came off trailer upside down. Shits scary.