WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Angles pitcher Tyler Skaggs dead at 27

old rigger

Reaction score
Just got a message from my son, don't know what happened though.

Riverhound

Reaction score
Passed away in Texas this morning... Angels were starting a series with the Rangers and have cancelled tonights game, rightfully so. No other details released yet.

Young and very talent guy taken too early. RIP Tyler

old rigger

Reaction score
Been 10 years since Nick Adenhart was killed.

HCP3

Reaction score
Ugh. So sad. Brings back the memory of Nick Adenhart's tragic death.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Multiple news sources reporting he was alone, no foul play, and not suicide so I can only conclude possible overdose. He had Tommy Johns surgery a while back and would have prescribed opioids for pain.
No matter what happened it seams like an amazing kid was taken way to soon. Paying for peace for his wife, family, and friends because he is already at peace and those left behind are the ones in need it now.

rivergames

Reaction score
I have some buddies that know him well and played ball with him years back. Very sad to read. RIP Tyler

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
RIP Tyler..

65733379_10214819070890693_1839868005677268992_n.jpg

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
We just did some work On a place he was renting in Irvine. He was really cool to our guys

Reactions: DWC

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Absolutely tragic.

Praying it wasn't an opioid OD from the TJ surgery in 16.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

old rigger

Reaction score
Do they drug test in baseball? I honestly don’t know but after the whole Bonds, Sosa, McGwire thing I just figured they do?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Do they drug test in baseball? I honestly don’t know but after the whole Bonds, Sosa, McGwire thing I just figured they do?
For PED's, weed, coke, etc. If it was prescribed, I don't know what the policy is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

rrrr

Reaction score
If so , ElAttrache better get a good attorney.

Yes, because a doctor who prescribed painkillers for a legitimate reason should be sued when his patient becomes addicted and seeks out drugs from any source available.

It's fucktards like you that are ruining my life. Two weeks ago my pain doctor cut my fentanyl dosage by 25%. His cunt of a nurse practitioner told me it's "because he runs his practice how he wants to, and that's why it's being reduced". Solid medical reasoning.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Yes, because a doctor who prescribed painkillers for a legitimate reason should be sued when his patient becomes addicted and seeks out drugs from any source available.

It's fucktards like you that are ruining my life. Two weeks ago my pain doctor cut my fentanyl dosage by 25%. His cunt of a nurse practitioner told me it's "because he runs his practice how he wants to, and that's why it's being reduced". Solid medical reasoning.

This isn’t about you.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score

Bitter... party of 1....Bitter...party of 1...your table is now available....:D

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The odd part is the news is reporting that the hotel he was found in was not the team hotel.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Rest In Peace Tyler Skaggs! I feel terrible for his wife, they had just recently been married. Didn’t know him personally but everything I’ve heard about him is that he was a class act, and spent tons of hours doing volunteer work. He will be missed !!!

HBCraig

Reaction score
I have a few buddies still in mlb.

Word is that he died from substance abuse. I am getting this second hand obviously and I dont want to say exactly. I would want it happening to my so .. but they say it was not natural causes

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I have a few buddies still in mlb.

Word is that he died from substance abuse. I am getting this second hand obviously and I dont want to say exactly. I would want it happening to my so .. but they say it was not natural causes

Nothing against you or your sources but hope you are wrong. Just hoping it wasn't something like that.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
tumblr_inline_ptzio3BKtk1tvmbng_540.jpg

Remembering Tyler Skaggs
Tyler Skaggs poses during photo day at the Angels’ Spring Training facility in Tempe, AZ on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.

tumblr_inline_ptzio46G011tvmbng_540.jpg

Tyler Skaggs #45 of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim talks to Mike Butcher #23 during the game against the New York Mets at Angel Stadium of Anaheim on April 11, 2014 in Anaheim, California.

tumblr_inline_ptzio7eH8C1tvmbng_540.jpg

Tyler Skaggs #45 of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim catches a baseball during the game against the Toronto Blue Jays on July 8, 2014 at Angel Stadium of Anaheim in Anaheim, California.

tumblr_inline_ptzio8lSLj1tvmbng_540.jpg

Pitcher Tyler Skaggs watches from the dugout during the Angels’ Spring Training home-opener against the Milwaukee Brewers at Tempe Diablo Stadium in Tempe, AZ on Saturday, February 25, 2017.

tumblr_inline_ptzioaql3r1tvmbng_540.jpg

Starting pitcher Tyler Skaggs #45 of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim pitches during the fourth inning of the game against the Seattle Mariners at Angel Stadium of Anaheim on August 17, 2016 in Anaheim, California.

tumblr_inline_ptziog6NI11tvmbng_540.jpg

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (45) Tyler Skaggs on the field during player introductions before the start of the Angels home opener played against the Kansas City Royals at Angel Stadium of Anaheim.

tumblr_inline_ptziojuKby1tvmbng_540.jpg

Pitcher Tyler Skaggs (45) poses for a portrait during the Los Angeles Angels Photo Day on Feb. 22, 2018 at Tempe Diablo Stadium in Tempe, Ariz.

tumblr_inline_ptziom3oJ21tvmbng_540.jpg

Starter Tyler Skaggs #45 of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim throws a pitch against the Washington Nationals in the second inning during a game at Nationals Park on August 15, 2017 in Washington, DC.

tumblr_inline_ptziooPJdc1tvmbng_540.jpg

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Starting pitcher Tyler Skaggs (45) looks on during an exhibition MLB game between the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and the Los Angeles Dodgers on March 27, 2018 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, CA.

tumblr_inline_ptzioqYkQK1tvmbng_540.jpg

Tyler Skaggs of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim poses for a portrait at Tempe Diablo Stadium on February 21, 2017 in Tempe, Arizona.

tumblr_inline_ptziosID1v1tvmbng_540.jpg

Pitcher Tyler Skaggs poses during the Angels’ Photo Day at Spring Training in Tempe, AZ on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I didn't know the kid. Hell, I quit following baseball about 2005 or so.

If it was "natural causes", it's a sad deal, but was meant to be. Kind of the way of the world, it does happen.
If it was substance related, it is no less sad. If he was on pain meds, he made his choices. People can say they shouldn't be prescribed, and for some that is true. Nobody forces people to take them. People deal with varying levels of pain on a daily basis. How it is coped with is an individual thing.
I was about his age when I broke a bunch of bones. 14 years later, the pain now is occasionally comparable to the pain a few weeks after. I always looked at it as a trade off. I never saw a strong pain med that didn't adversly effect liver or kidney function. Something has to give. It is a sliding scale, what people can deal with, or how, and for how long.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Brings to mind Darrel Kile back in 2002, who died in his sleep of a heart attack on a road trip in his Chicago hotel room. 2 blocked arteries the cause.

Let's not speculate or listen to rumors at this point in respect of Skaggs :(

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
As much as most pro ball players life is an open book to the public none of us know jack shit about what happens behind closed doors.
RIP Tyler.:(

Albert

Reaction score
I think these players have so much pressure on them . Its at a different level than the norm. Its you perform or your out while us average guys can go in to work some days at 50% and still get by. Rip prayers to his family .

HCP3

Reaction score
There will be a lot of speculation until the toxicology report is finished in 4-6 weeks. I feel so bad for his family and his newlywed.

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Saw mention of an hereditary coronary condition within his family. Whatever the cause, a very sad deal.

batterup

Reaction score
Sad that it happened this way.
https://abc7.com/sports/angels-pitc...accidental-overdose-of-drugs-alcohol/5503450/
ARLINGTON, Texas -- A medical examiner in Texas has ruled that Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died from an accidental overdose of drugs and alcohol.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office said in a report released Friday that Skaggs had the powerful painkillers fentanyl and oxycodone in his system along with alcohol.

The 27-year-old Skaggs was found dead in his hotel room in the Dallas area July 1 before the start of what was supposed to be a four-game series against the Texas Rangers. The first game was postponed.

DEVELOPING: More details will be added to this report as they become available.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
How do you pitch professional level baseball on Oxy and Fentinyl?

JDKRXW

Reaction score
How do you pitch professional level baseball on Oxy and Fentinyl?

Simple ..... he wouldn't have been in the show if he wasn't on them.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but if he didn't recover properly from the TJ surgery OR the pain from the TJ surgery - he set himself up for this disaster.
Has there EVER been a 24 yr old playing MLB/NHL/MLS/NFL who didn't want to get back onto the roster too soon after an injury??