WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Getting ready to sale our Havasu house

e911

Reaction score
Can you guys tell me what the going commission realtor rate is here in havasu. Usually 5% - 6% in California. Got quoted 6% here in havasu?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Call my wife (Stacy) 928-706-4200.

Typical commission rates are 6% in LHC. Unless the price of the house gets into the upper end of the spectrum. A lot of realtors will do the bare minimum and expect full pop. Most in my experience don’t fight for their clients and just want to put things in escrow as quickly as possible.

We send either Tommygun or Austin in for photos and typically use rdp’s media guys for videos. We also use local ads, MLs, and all sorts of our social media arms to market the house and find a buyer.

More to the point if someone shoots low ball numbers Stacy will he up front and honest whether she thinks you can do better or not.

YTD Team rdp has done a little over 11 million in sales in LHC alone.

RD

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
I would call Stacy hard working lady great marketing answer your calls all the time

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Damn 6%. Some houses need all the advertising and some don’t. What one does your house falls in line with.
I would say from 4-5%.

Singleton

Reaction score
Can you guys tell me what the going commission realtor rate is here in havasu. Usually 5% - 6% in California. Got quoted 6% here in havasu?

That is normal.
It’s all about what you get for that %.

LHCBOY

Reaction score

X3 she sold our house could not be happier...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
If you expect that your property will sell fast and smooth, places like Help-You-Sell save you more than half, but you do have to do some of the work yourself and find a buyer's realtor that will go along knowing they aren't going to clean up.

gqchris

Reaction score
Just to put in to perspective on this business, my buddy is a realtor, just sold a house in Brentwood, fixxer upper, 4.4 Million. Didn't do shit but listed in the MLS. Next day, developer callled, done deal. He double ended the deal. Collected a paycheck for $160,000 last week when it closed escrow. reduced commission.

I'm like, "fuck, i'm in the wrong business!"

Needless to say we are attending the Sand Show in two weeks, cant wait to see what kind of shit he loads up! LOL

You keep a full pipeline going, and the money is amazing.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I sold my CA thru Redfin 1.5% to them and reduced to the buyers agent, I think 2%. They did a real good job on mine.

TCHB

Reaction score
I agree some real estate people do very little but others work their ass off trying to get top dollar. If they can get you top dollar and handle all the BS the commission is small.

grumpy88

Reaction score
My realtor here agreed to 5 percent and 4 percent if his office represents both sides . After agreeing to a number we both agree the house should fetch he asked what it would take to get the full six percent . I told him get me that 1 percent over the agreed upon number and he gets his 6 . He agreed and now he has incentive to push harder for both of us

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Done it a number of ways, hot market, no agent on either side, sold highest price in the hood. Sold w/ full realtor deal, highest price, full cash. Sold another FSBO with 3 points to a buyers agent. Today, I’d call someone I trust and let them handle it. Too many gotchas in the market today

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Don’t trip over dollars to pick up dimes, in today’s litigious world don’t take a chance. Hire a amazing Realtor like Stacy and let her work her magic and protect you. It’s a wise investment.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
My personal opinion it's the overhead cost for he RE agent. You should never pick an agent based on commission. All Real estate commissions are negotiable so you should shop, there are no laws or regulations in the U.S. dictating the commission rates. You can negotiate a lower commission when the your home is expected to sell quickly or you are in a hot selling market and the RE agent doesn't have to spend marketing money or his/her time to sell your home. A good agent is like a good lawyer, they will keep you out of trouble/problems.
Getting your home ready to be sold can be a difficult if you don't live in the area, like repairs, carpet, painting and decluttering or any upgrades. Try to remove any problems that may/will be revealed during a home inspection, try to make it easy to sell. This will help you and the agent.
Will the agent discount part of the commission if they represents you to sell your home and also represents you to buy a home? Or represents both buyer and seller? You should ask.
Unless the agent is a broker the agent isn’t getting that whole 3,4,5,6% commission. The commission % is actually split with broker, selling agent and buyer’s agent, plus your agent still has other overhead expenses to pay, the cost of marketing your home comes out of their listing agents pocket.
Interview 3 top agents near you based on their actual performance history, vist the open houses in your area, check out the marketing, real estate mailing etc.. From there, you get to pick the best one to meet your individual needs.

Last edited:

CanyonLakeDave

Reaction score
Choice of an agent should never be a concern of how much commission. The decision should be based on the person, performance, advertising reach and overall reputation for getting the job done. With an ever changing market your home needs to sell as fast as possible for as much as possible. A lesser agent can very well cost a seller thousands if the home sits on the market too long, then what’s the supposed discount worth?