WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Surgery

beerrun

Reaction score
Well last night went a little better only up every 1 1/2 -2 hours for 30 min. We walked 3 times in the middle of the night. But this morning she is not doing too well they are trying to get her off some of the pain meds and she has been feeling like she is going to get sick. I think is the gasses she is holding in. She thinks she gets to go home today but I don't think she will till tomorrow or Sunday. Between her sister and myself she has had someone with her 24/7 I take the nights and her sister takes the days.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
First off, I hope she's feeling better soon.
Second, it sounds like she has a good family unit around her. That helps more than most know.

I was almost 21 when I had my first attack. ER visit and they were confused. They did blood work, and made the decision it must be appendicitis, though my blood work didn't show it. I was young, they knew best...Well, I have a good size scar from what became exploratory surgery. I spent my 21st birthday in the hospital. They eventually determined by what they saw I had an internal infection caused by blockage within my intestines. Watch certain foods they said. Since then, also had gallbladder issues. Don't know if they're connected, but I think my warranty is out on my innards.

This is an odd one, but while I'm thinking about it, make sure to check the meds they send you home with. One anti-biotic I was on had bad effects in direct sunlight. I didn't know that, and after a week inside, I just wanted to sit outside. Made me nauseous as hell. After gut surgery, puking and sneezing are not good...for you or the surgery.

Good luck with the coming days. Being home helps with the mindset.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
The best of luck to her....nothing like watching the tv monitor waiting to see that "out of surgery" update note on the screen. Have to say those info monitors are an anxiety reducer.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Well last night went a little better only up every 1 1/2 -2 hours for 30 min. We walked 3 times in the middle of the night. But this morning she is not doing too well they are trying to get her off some of the pain meds and she has been feeling like she is going to get sick. I think is the gasses she is holding in. She thinks she gets to go home today but I don't think she will till tomorrow or Sunday. Between her sister and myself she has had someone with her 24/7 I take the nights and her sister takes the days.

Wow. That's a long tough night...

Hang in there. Best wishes!

beerrun

Reaction score
First off, I hope she's feeling better soon.
Second, it sounds like she has a good family unit around her. That helps more than most know.

I was almost 21 when I had my first attack. ER visit and they were confused. They did blood work, and made the decision it must be appendicitis, though my blood work didn't show it. I was young, they knew best...Well, I have a good size scar from what became exploratory surgery. I spent my 21st birthday in the hospital. They eventually determined by what they saw I had an internal infection caused by blockage within my intestines. Watch certain foods they said. Since then, also had gallbladder issues. Don't know if they're connected, but I think my warranty is out on my innards.

This is an odd one, but while I'm thinking about it, make sure to check the meds they send you home with. One anti-biotic I was on had bad effects in direct sunlight. I didn't know that, and after a week inside, I just wanted to sit outside. Made me nauseous as hell. After gut surgery, puking and sneezing are not good...for you or the surgery.

Good luck with the coming days. Being home helps with the mindset.
Thank you we will double check the meds

beerrun

Reaction score
The best of luck to her....nothing like watching the tv monitor waiting to see that "out of surgery" update note on the screen. Have to say those info monitors are an anxiety reducer.
Right

oldschool

Reaction score
Best of luck on a speedy recover for your wife!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of the challenges. Take it one day at a time and be sure that you are getting the help and rest you need. It is critical for the care giver as well. Make sure that the people that you have there for support are helping with the process. I’d not devise an exit plan for them. They mean well but you and the wife have to get through this.

As for the wife do not hesitate to ask for follow ups. We were very fortunate to have advise from friend in the medical field. That made me feel much better on the progress my wife was making.

Soon it will be behind you and the two of you can find the new norm of your lives.

It is not easy but one thing that I know it has brought my wife and I closer than ever.

Best to you and your wife.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Well tonight we are starting real food if that goes good she should get to go home tomorrow
Keep opening looking for this good news. Hope goes well and you guys get to go home tomorrow...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Finally...!! You two will do so much better at home once you get there. Nothing like nurses bugging the shit out of you every 30 minutes while you are trying to get some rest.

Well she did good with the food last night so cross your fingers she can come home. She slept last night too

beerrun

Reaction score
Finally...!! You two will do so much better at home once you get there. Nothing like nurses bugging the shit out of you every 30 minutes while you are trying to get some rest.
Right

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Best of luck.

My mom (80yo) just got out of Hoag last week for same thing. She refuses to have the surgery at her age and usually spends a few days in hospital each year for it.

I had it once while we were doing a kitchen remodel and was eating bad due to no kitchen. Not fun at all.

Hope she gets out soon!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Hope that you were able to break out. LOL. It can be a process to get out of the hospital. A lot of people that need to sign off AND check in with you.

beerrun

Reaction score
It took 10 minutes from the time the doctor said she can go to her getting in the truck. I think she was ready

beerrun

Reaction score
We are back in the ER she would not let me call an ambulance. We had breakfast she got up to go to the bathroom and a minute later I heard her screaming. I got her in the truck and it's an hour drive from our house to the hospital. I ran every red light and drove 90- 100 mph to get her her. I think she ruptured something. She is in imagining now

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
We are back in the ER she would not let me call an ambulance. We had breakfast she got up to go to the bathroom and a minute later I heard her screaming. I got her in the truck and it's an hour drive from our house to the hospital. I ran every red light and drove 90- 100 mph to get her her. I think she ruptured something. She is in imagining now

May the Lord be with her.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score

Damn...can’t catch a break. Best of luck to both of you.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
BR..

I'm surprised they are letting her back on solid foods... I have the same problem as many have stated and your honey... when I start having pain I put myself on clear liquids for a few days and just follow the standard Diverticulitis diet plan....

I'm not a Doc... but I'd think they'd want her on liquid diet for minimum one week... then ween her into solid foods.... but I'M NO Doc!!!

Thoughts and prayers.... keep us up dated....

I don't want to go thru surgery like she has.....

I just had an episode last week during our Parker Vacation.... I was on liquid diet for 1st three days.... SUXS!!

Good luck!!

beerrun

Reaction score
They want to send her home WTF they are having a tough time managing the pain and now they think I can do this at home? I told them to contact her surgeon

HBCraig

Reaction score
They want to send her home WTF they are having a tough time managing the pain and now they think I can do this at home? I told them to contact her surgeon

Yeh man. Make sure she has a way to manage the pain.

Also, make sure the doctors have somewhat of an explanation. Oh, and sorry you guys are going through this

beerrun

Reaction score
Well we are home I hope I'm wrong but I'm expecting a late night ER run

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well we are home I hope I'm wrong but I'm expecting a late night ER run
You both get rest while you can. Doze and put on reruns of stuff you've both seen a million times. It allows your mind to be less engaged, because you know what they say or plot lines.
I feel for you. Did all the same with a family member a few years back. Good luck.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Beerme

what diet did they prescribe???

Shes in our prayers....

beerrun

Reaction score
Well we made it through the night she is still in alot of pain.

beerrun

Reaction score
I just don't understand how she is doing great. Doing everything for herself getting on the treadmill getting out of the house. Then the next minute she is in so much pain she thinks she is dieing. And ER says there is nothing wrong with her

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Beerme...

if it was me... I'd remain on a liquid diet for one week, then soft foods for a week...

the liquid diet will give her colon time to heal and rest....

but, I'm no Dr....

Good luck!!!! Prayers to you all..

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I just don't understand how she is doing great. Doing everything for herself getting on the treadmill getting out of the house. Then the next minute she is in so much pain she thinks she is dieing. And ER says there is nothing wrong with her
Just had Major surgery... she needs to stay down for a few weeks.....

after two WEEKS!!! all systems GO

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Sending good thoughts your guys way...