WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What of waste of car

Universal Elements

Reaction score
FFD6B7F5-246F-4145-8985-539C352444A7.jpeg

Definitely a car that has unforgiving power through the turns.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/28919...lymouth-barracuda-restomod-with-a-hellcat-v-8

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Didn't he crash a nice car a couple year's ago?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I always find it funny, the people who respect the cars the most, could never afford them. High dollar drunks with limited skill all think they're Mario Andretti. At least they lived, and didn't kill anyone else.
Not a Mopar guy, but looked to be a nice car....

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
IMO car looked like shit. Horrible wheels / tires. Looks better wrecked....
Ray

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Somebody must’ve had a buzz going...I drive Mulholland all the time in an SUV ..,never any problems... haven’t seen anybody racing Mulholland in years ???...

attitude

Reaction score
Bad ass looking car before the accident, not so much now... Report said he wasn’t driving and no alcohol involved

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I was just informed that this all happened up in the Malibu Hills ...I was thinking it happened in the Hollywood hills...most of the racing I see in the Malibu Hills is motorcycles...and DOT is keeping access to the switchbacks blocked to keep the mc traffic down since the Wolsey fire...

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
IMO car looked like shit. Horrible wheels / tires. Looks better wrecked....
Ray

I will agree to disagree with your horrible taste. Sure I like the classic rims better but that machine WAS a beautiful work of art.

spectras only

Reaction score
Well, I have had three Mopars in the past and one Dodge today. Not a fan of the wheels on this car and all the efforts they had to upgrade the mechanicals, they left the ugly OEM side markers on the body:rolleyes: Since these cars didn't have a full frame, I'm sure it handled like a wet noodle. Unless they did some serious fabrications to stiffen the body.
Torsional rigidity on the 70's Cuda and Challenger are probably the lowest on the scale.;)
marker light:p:eek:
vpmttf9jbgvbfalqvf1r

bonesfab

Reaction score
That was a 400k car he just bought. Oops. It was built by Speedkore. I know the guy that Middle manned it. At least they lived.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Yeah wtf wrecking a fine car like that, people should have more respect, good thing they all survived, not that i have ever had any experience with things going wrong and a split second later your calling for an ambulance :(

Dalton

Reaction score
brake rotors look backwards in first pic

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...In looking at the slideshow photos from the link in post one...I know right where that is...looks like whoever was driving stopped and or while driving along...lit up the tires and the car hooked a hard left???...

bonesfab

Reaction score
The thing had to be a monster to drive. I doubt it had any of the nanny features people are used to nowadays. No traction control. Burn out king would be an understatement.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Kevin Hart is on the mend this morning after going under the knife Sunday ... less than 24 hours after he injured his back in that horrific car accident.

A source connected to Kevin tells us doctors completed successful back surgery on Kevin Sunday evening. Another source told us the comedian is expected to remain in the hospital for at least a couple of days while he recovers.

TMZ broke the story ... Kevin was miraculously able to walk away from the accident early Sunday morning on L.A.'s treacherous Mulholland Highway -- with assistance from a bodyguard -- but was rushed to a hospital with what cops called a "major back injury."

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Kevin Hart is on the mend this morning after going under the knife Sunday ... less than 24 hours after he injured his back in that horrific car accident.

A source connected to Kevin tells us doctors completed successful back surgery on Kevin Sunday evening. Another source told us the comedian is expected to remain in the hospital for at least a couple of days while he recovers.

TMZ broke the story ... Kevin was miraculously able to walk away from the accident early Sunday morning on L.A.'s treacherous Mulholland Highway -- with assistance from a bodyguard -- but was rushed to a hospital with what cops called a "major back injury."

Treacherous? They wrecked on a straightaway.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Vintage car yes. Vintage motor no.:D:D

spectras only

Reaction score
Maybe it had the Sure-Grip diff I had in my 72 Challenger;). Not so sure it gripped with 700+HP:p:eek:

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Having money doesn't include brains OR skill OR common sense. Another fine example of the Darwin effect - happens in high end boats / planes etc.... a thinning of the herd

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
A one car accident in a straight line.

Thats running out of talent something fierce.

I really like Heart most of the time- hope recovers.

UD
Trust me its really easy to do, 11 years ago i was driving down a straight road and for some reason we went hard right, over a curb though a fence, took out a block wall and hit a tree, and that was in a ferrari, never did find out why, but it sure hurt

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Limited-slip diffs can cause your car to do interesting things rather quickly, even in a straight line, when you have too much power and too little talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Trust me its really easy to do, 11 years ago i was driving down a straight road and for some reason we went hard right, over a curb though a fence, took out a block wall and hit a tree, and that was in a ferrari, never did find out why, but it sure hurt

On a sunny dry day all by itself with no increase/decrease in throttle, nothing on the road, no initiation of a turn, and no mechanical failure during steady-state cruising - the car just randomly went hard right?

This particular car was given enough throttle to boil the rears while being driven all the way off the road.

UD

Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
From the pics, it went something like this.. Put your foot in it pussy, Oh shit. They drove it right off a straight road from the pics.

Speedkore builds some really nice stuff but that car would be hard to handle for just about anyone. Night time cold tires and hellcat ++ power without traction control/assist.

Typically the really high end builders create amazing "art" but they don't always come delivered set up for performance driving or proper handling. (some of the ringbro cars come to mind)

That car had to be scary and when things go bad they go bad really fast....glad they will all end up being ok

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Does anyone else find it odd that Kevin Hart was taken from the scene by his body guard and not an ambulance, etc? I know they say he wasn't driving...but that sure seems like a cover-up to me?

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Limited-slip diffs can cause your car to do interesting things rather quickly, even in a straight line, when you have too much power and too little talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep. And it doesn't even take that to run out of talent. My '71 Chevelle had a 307 and a peg leg. Entering CA-99 north of Sacramento, curve, wet road, too much gas, and ended up backwards on the freeway and then down an embankment. Didn't flip, but damn shorts were dirty. lol.

Sucks a nice car was ruined.

spectras only

Reaction score
Does anyone else find it odd that Kevin Hart was taken from the scene by his body guard and not an ambulance, etc? I know they say he wasn't driving...but that sure seems like a cover-up to me?
The car most likely wasn't equipped with airbags looking at picture of the dash. So, Kevin could have been the driver, impaling into the steering wheel as well as having some shots prior this mishap.;) Wonder if they took his breath sample at the hospital? Kevin O'Leary wasn't tested for alcohol either after his boating accident:rolleyes:.Looks like it wasn't a good month for the Kevins.
Apparently, there's some video about the O'Leary boat crash but he hired a top lawyer already. When it's about celebrities, it's a different world for those folks dealing with.o_O

KEVIN O'LEARY: Cops tight-lipped on fatal boat crash probe

Last edited:

96scarab

Reaction score
I always find it funny, the people who respect the cars the most, could never afford them. High dollar drunks with limited skill all think they're Mario Andretti. At least they lived, and didn't kill anyone else.
Not a Mopar guy, but looked to be a nice car....

I'm confused. Who was that statement aimed towards? And the initial report said alcohol doesn't appear to be a factor in the accident... I guess you know more to the story since you are accusing them of being drunk??