WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LHC PD Rant

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Is there that many businesses open past 11 down there? Only problem I see with charging for overnight mooring might be the launch ramps not getting their cut. They could put a disclaimer for liability at the purchase time. 40 boats beached overnight is 800 for the city and like you mentioned some of those may be patronizing the bars or restaurants that are open late.
Not that many businesses but some allowance should be made for boaters.
I think allowing overnight moorings would just turn the channel into a "marina" of sorts. It'd get ugly quick.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Not that many businesses but some allowance should be made for boaters.
I think allowing overnight moorings would just turn the channel into a "marina" of sorts. It'd get ugly quick.

I see what you mean now. Maybe then limiting the number or overnight passes?

Havalife

Reaction score
Many years ago I parked my boat in the channel to help my friend load his boat after the 4th of July show. When I got back to my boat I had a ticket on my boat. I saw the cops down the beach and tried to talk to them about what happened. They didn't care if I was helping someone or if I was just down the beach away from my boat. As I walked back to my boat I was thinking of what to do now it's getting late and I still needed to get the boat off the lake. When I got back to the boat I said fuck it and pulled over to a good spot in the channel, went back to the house and had a great night. Next day we took our time to go to the boat and had a great spot to enjoy the day from. It pissed me off about getting the ticket but It was nice not rushing to get the boat off the lake and then getting up early to launch the next day.

3.Slow

Reaction score
You've neglected to share what time you got the ticket.
the cops handed me the ticket at 1230 when I walked down to ask them if there was a problem

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Then I guess if you were parked before 12am and got the ticket at 12:30am the cop is saying that’s over night.

Now I would think if you were parked at 12:30am. You would have been ok, considering it’s the same day till that night.

The ticket sucks for sure, but I’m sure it was just because of the holiday weekend and probably wouldn't have happened during a regular weekend.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Many years ago I parked my boat in the channel to help my friend load his boat after the 4th of July show. When I got back to my boat I had a ticket on my boat. I saw the cops down the beach and tried to talk to them about what happened. They didn't care if I was helping someone or if I was just down the beach away from my boat. As I walked back to my boat I was thinking of what to do now it's getting late and I still needed to get the boat off the lake. When I got back to the boat I said fuck it and pulled over to a good spot in the channel, went back to the house and had a great night. Next day we took our time to go to the boat and had a great spot to enjoy the day from. It pissed me off about getting the ticket but It was nice not rushing to get the boat off the lake and then getting up early to launch the next day.

That’s what I’m reading.

“I’ll pull my $200K boat to Havasu with my $80k truck, spend a grand on a room for the holiday weekend, the same on fuel, lord knows how much on booze, food and girls, and it only cost me $280 a night to “moor” the boat on the waterfront with cops watching it!”
Best deal of the whole trip.

gqchris

Reaction score
Pull off the water earlier....go home shower for party...Uber to party.....no one likes a stinky partier or a drunk driver. Ez fix. :D

I wish I had the energy to party day AND night like the old days! Lol.

Now its one of the other. I cant for the life of me do both! I get home, shower and its game over.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
How much does a slip cost for the weekend?
depends on time of year and length etc
A week is $194
a lot cheaper than a ticket
https://dockwa.com/search?lat=34.502213406064456&lon=-113.966788959236&zoom=8.697175623863696&arrival=09/03/2019&departure=09/10/2019&dock=true
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_1.png

Reactions: t&y

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Clearly parked to visit a waterfront establishment where you were a customer.
Best to remember this when dealing with some officers https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-court-ruled-you-can-be-too-smart-to-be-a-cop/5420630

Don’t “Nuke” it brother.
Hey I suppose everybody parked in the channel at that hour was visiting some type of establishment, how is it obvious?
Citing a liberal California website about cops intelligence is not doing much for your argument in my opinion.
You broke the law, The cop was just doing his job, yes it may be chickenshit but it’s part of the job.

saucedaddy

Reaction score
Developer got F’d when he built it and did not ask for the same rights as those condos across the channel that have a private beach and have overnight parking
You really think a Developer would mistakenly forget to ask about the “Beach Rights”? That’s been a 15 year old wives tale? How about the developer sold out to the city to produce more condos then originally planned. The Developer was well aware of what “He” agreed to, now the buyers they were conned.

3.Slow

Reaction score
Hey I suppose everybody parked in the channel at that hour was visiting some type of establishment, how is it obvious?
Citing a liberal California website about cops intelligence is not doing much for your argument in my opinion.
You broke the law, The cop was just doing his job, yes it may be chickenshit but it’s part of the job.
Broke the law? have you ever been to a shopping center that has "no overnight parking signs" gone into a store and worried about getting a ticket because it's dark outside? the answer is no, because you didnt park their overnight, you came for a purpose and left, which is e exactly why I did. get off your high horse.my question is, what is their goal by posting "no overnight mooring" signs? if the goal is to have no boats in the channel between 11pm and 5am then put "no mooring 11pm to 5am" not some bullshit sign that you can barely read in broad daylight at the entrance to the channel that is not visible whatsoever in the dark. bullshit move by the city posting misleading signs to collect a couple bucks.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Come on now....that sign has been up for a decade. Do you think as they thought up what to write on it they said " hey lets leave out some information so we can catch people"
Ir doesn't work that way.
Oa

Pay it, move on. Dont speed on the way home tomorrow either. Your on a roll:)

FishSniper

Reaction score
In the channel at LBr or the Heat it is 200.00 per night. Not sure on marina prices
200 a night for a slip ? Was told heat was 45.00 a night when I called so unless they multiple it by 4.5 times for a holiday weekend that number makes no sense.

PlanB

Reaction score
200 a night for a slip ? Was told heat was 45.00 a night when I called so unless they multiple it by 4.5 times for a holiday weekend that number makes no sense.

I was paying 75 bucks a night at the LBR more than 15 years ago. I was not staying at the hotel because we had a house, so I was charged. Premium. I now have a year round slip in the Marina that’s just under 400 bucks a month. More than worth it...

Reactions: DWC

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Broke the law? have you ever been to a shopping center that has "no overnight parking signs" gone into a store and worried about getting a ticket because it's dark outside? the answer is no, because you didnt park their overnight, you came for a purpose and left, which is e exactly why I did. get off your high horse.my question is, what is their goal by posting "no overnight mooring" signs? if the goal is to have no boats in the channel between 11pm and 5am then put "no mooring 11pm to 5am" not some bullshit sign that you can barely read in broad daylight at the entrance to the channel that is not visible whatsoever in the dark. bullshit move by the city posting misleading signs to collect a couple bucks.
Every city in the country has ordinances people do not like or disagree with. Most people don’t know about them until they get a ticket. No overnight mooring in the channel has been in effect for a long long time, just like no glass bottles on the beach. Sorry you got caught up in our cities revenue collecting scam.
Try not to let it ruin your entire weekend. I’m going swimming have a nice evening.:)

saucedaddy

Reaction score
Yup, I was told $45 a night at Heat and $100 a night at LBR.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
That’s what I’m reading.

“I’ll pull my $200K boat to Havasu with my $80k truck, spend a grand on a room for the holiday weekend, the same on fuel, lord knows how much on booze, food and girls, and it only cost me $280 a night to “moor” the boat on the waterfront with cops watching it!”
Best deal of the whole trip.

A deal , hell yes . Your boat is safe and you have the best spot ( where ever that would be for the next day )

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
So its always the cops fault? No.

The fact is that sometime in the past there was an issue with folks mooring overnight in the channel. Decisions were made, not by LHCPD, to enact and ordinance to prevent/solve this issue.

Most nights throughout the year this ordinance is not enforced because it takes care of itself. On big weekends LHCPD always steps up the enforcement of this ordinance and others because its necessary.

The signage at both ends of the channel will likely pass any legal challenge. Next time you pull into a large shopping center or mall, look for the signage listing the code of conduct, parking rules and anything else needed.

If you choose to challenge the ticket, your best option is to snap some pics of the sign near where you beached and bring them to court. Explain to the court that you beached to visit the nearby business and when you saw LHCPD, you immediately went back to your boat. You had no intention of an overnight mooring as you had a beach mooring at the Nautical Inn. Point out that there is not any times listed on the sign you saw. Bring your receipt from your stay.

Come to court with a good attitude and don’t blame others, including LHCPD. Just tell your story- the truth. This will give you the best chance to try and convince the court to rule based on the spirit of the law.

Good luck to you if you go that route.

Riley1

Reaction score
Oh shit, did I maybe offend one of the LEO’s???

The good ones don’t need to defend themselves. Just saying...

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Is any of the river/lake under the jurisdiction of the Coast Guard??
Ray

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You really think a Developer would mistakenly forget to ask about the “Beach Rights”? That’s been a 15 year old wives tale? How about the developer sold out to the city to produce more condos then originally planned. The Developer was well aware of what “He” agreed to, now the buyers they were conned.
Hook, line and sinker. Buyers blinded by the bitchen beach out front but didn't see(more like ignored, doesn't apply to me)the gigantic "no overnight mooring" signs.
The condos across the channel have a very old exception grandfathered in, ain't anyone else getting the same deal.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
All of it.

So how does the city have jurisdiction over mooring in the Chanel?? I know of people beating OUIs up in Bullhead because of jurisdictional issues... I would look into that before I paid $275. for a bullshit ticket...
Ray

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
So how does the city have jurisdiction over mooring in the Chanel?? I know of people beating OUIs up in Bullhead because of jurisdictional issues... I would look into that before I paid $275. for a bullshit ticket...
Ray
The LHC Police Dept. patrols the channel on the water and on the land.

saucedaddy

Reaction score
Ray
Now your on to something. The age old question that has yet to be proven is...... Let’s see the Current Deed to the Beach? Who actually has the rights, City, County, State, Fed, BLM? It’s nowhere to be found? That “Mooring Ordinance” took effect a couple years after the condos were built.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
I see what you mean now. Maybe then limiting the number or overnight passes?
Did not they already try over nite with a limit to one boat per ring?

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Ray
I really don't have a handle on how it all works other than they all work together. My biggest bitch is the inconsistent laws between Ca. and Az. in the middle of the lake.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

That’s what Jeff Murray told me when he called for this weekend.

Management of Heat told me less two weeks ago but I figured they may have changed it.

200.00 a night doesn’t seem unreasonable to me if you aren’t renting a room there.

FishSniper

Reaction score
That’s what Jeff Murray told me when he called for this weekend.

Management of Heat told me less two weeks ago but I figured they may have changed it.

200.00 a night doesn’t seem unreasonable to me if you aren’t renting a room there.
200 a night for a slip there is insane. Marina is 31-43 a night depending on what size. Hell you can rent a nice house in havasu for under 200 a night.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I would really like to know how the cabana boats do it? How much are they paying the city if they’re permitted to park there overnight? Does anybody know or do they remove them every night and bring them back in the morning?
I guess life is good if you’re well-connected. :rolleyes:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I would really like to know how the cabana boats do it? How much are they paying the city if they’re permitted to park there overnight? Does anybody know or do they remove them every night and bring them back in the morning?
I guess life is good if you’re well-connected. :rolleyes:
He moves them every night by 11pm:D

grumpy88

Reaction score
No. If not otherwise specified night is usually anytime after published sundown.

What did the ordinance say?
So no over night parking means no parking after sundown ?

hallett21

Reaction score
200 a night for a slip there is insane. Marina is 31-43 a night depending on what size. Hell you can rent a nice house in havasu for under 200 a night.

Some guys burn over $1,000 a weekend in fuel. Another 6-800 probably isn’t even felt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I can see your frustration and I feel the same way as that's how I would would interpret no overnight parking. Also pathetic a city would only state the code instead of simple times on every sign. No parking between x-x hours is a whole lot different than don't park overnight. Seems like they knew the revenue they could get by playing games.

Some of the comments on here remind me of other sites I follow that just disappoint me. Sometimes I forget that we are supposed to act like we are better than others and kick them when they are down.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
He moves them every night by 11pm:D
Wow! Who knew. I always wondered, but since I usually only go to the channel by request, I never really paid attention. I just know on the rare occasion I show up at 5 AM on a holiday weekend they already seem to be placed. LOL

Mike K

Reaction score
That definitely goes in the “Cops are Assclowns” category ... you are 100 % in the right. And the fact that u went down to your boat shoulda alerted the Cops that u were at the RD party & not letting ur boat spend the night in the channel. This was a perfect opportunity for the Cops to use some common sense and some positive PR. Nope ... this guy was a Dick with Power. Probably a major alcoholic with 4 failed marriages and taking his “ sucky attitude” out on anyone. Sorry for your ticket u didn’t come close to deserving it.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
It's a natural waterway you could beat that ticket if you had time and cash no water front is owned or private there is a time limit you could Rest your boat any place on the river just ask a federal officer not a local Pd

rrrr

Reaction score
It's a natural waterway you could beat that ticket if you had time and cash no water front is owned or private there is a time limit you could Rest your boat any place on the river just ask a federal officer not a local Pd

A natural waterway? It's a man made feature in a lake created by a dam.

As for the rest of your post, you don't have a clue about the law and jurisdictions.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I think you are correct. Wonder why it was discontinued?
I think it was only proposed and discussed by the city Council and it never materialized. I may be wrong, but I don’t believe it ever happened.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Wow! Who knew. I always wondered, but since I usually only go to the channel by request, I never really paid attention. I just know on the rare occasion I show up at 5 AM on a holiday weekend they already seem to be placed. LOL
Guy works like a machine. Side ties to them with a barge and puts 'em away.
Owner of Blue Chair restaurant, think those little rubber tour boats too.