WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LHC PD Rant

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It's a natural waterway you could beat that ticket if you had time and cash no water front is owned or private there is a time limit you could Rest your boat any place on the river just ask a federal officer not a local Pd

It’s not natural. The channel was cut to place the London Bridge there.

A natural waterway? It's a man made feature in a lake created by a dam.

As for the rest of your post, you don't have a clue about the law and jurisdictions.

I think you are correct. Wonder why it was discontinued?

Even though the water front isn’t natural I believe it was discontinued because if you chase the rabbit hole the first guy I quoted was on, there is something at the end of that tunnel.

That said they built the sea wall and added all the rings with the thought of charging in mind. Used to be two sandy sides.

Bear Down

Reaction score
Broke the law? have you ever been to a shopping center that has "no overnight parking signs" gone into a store and worried about getting a ticket because it's dark outside? the answer is no, because you didnt park their overnight, you came for a purpose and left, which is e exactly why I did. get off your high horse.my question is, what is their goal by posting "no overnight mooring" signs? if the goal is to have no boats in the channel between 11pm and 5am then put "no mooring 11pm to 5am" not some bullshit sign that you can barely read in broad daylight at the entrance to the channel that is not visible whatsoever in the dark. bullshit move by the city posting misleading signs to collect a couple bucks.

This happened to me in 2006 ishh I think... I was pissed when I got back to the boat, but after a few days, I remembered that I still had my receipt from Javalina Cantina with me, I submitted the ticket and the receipt when I fought the ticket and was dismissed as I was a patron of the establishment during the time of the citation (time was written on the ticket and my bill from the restaurant was after the ticket was written about 1 a.m or so).

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Wow! Who knew. I always wondered, but since I usually only go to the channel by request, I never really paid attention.
I've watched the guy move the Cabanas multiple times. One guy, and he's very efficient. He often pulls two at a time. Has a sorta mega toon, and two tied to one side. Pretty crazy going three wide down the Channel, but that's how he does it.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
77801C41-3186-4AF5-A07D-44BFA0D6EABE.jpeg

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Bottom line, the sign really needs to say the time that you can't be there instead of listing the ordinance. "Overnight" is very subjective. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt if you could see the sign.

Havasteve

Reaction score
Yes, if you look it up the ordinance says no mooring from 11 to 5, which is something completely different then you opinion of overnight meaning anytime after sundown. My point was the sign does not give a time, and sorry, but nobody in their right mind considers parking somewhere after sunset as overnight.

Sounds like the officers don’t agree with you. I doubt the judge (Jury) will either.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
I think it was like 50 per night weekdays and 100 a night weekends. And holiday weekends were even more with a 3 night min. And I personally would not leave my boat there even with the security guard.

TCHB

Reaction score
I think it was like 50 per night weekdays and 100 a night weekends. And holiday weekends were even more with a 3 night min. And I personally would not leave my boat there even with the security guard.
I agree my boat is going home to the garage! Not that big of deal to launch and retrieve.