WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Zen and the Art of Monsoon Damage...

Heel2Feet

Reaction score
First post here... Unfortunately, my boat was the Mastercraft featured in the videos and pics of the monsoon at the Nautical.

I'm glad so many Keyboard Legends feel superior to those of us that didn't pull their boat out before the storm.

You are probably hot-saucing your boat on the beach right now instead of hanging with friends. Those water spots from the launch ramp to the beach can be bad. Doesn't your 100mph boat want to go outside the wake zone? I get it the gas is expensive.

Just some suggestions...

Your friend gets on your boat with sand on their feet... Say, "can I get you a beer?"

If kids are eating Doritos and drinking Gatorade on your boat... enjoy it. Be thankful. The upholstery can be cleaned or replaced.

If Mother Nature (or a loose houseboat) damages your boat... turn it over to insurance.

But, never forget... the boat is just a tool to make memories. I posted some pics of these amazing toys that bring my family & friends together. Pretty sure the boat will be good as new and we will be back on the water in a few weeks.

Keyboard Legends let me have it... & stop wasting all that Hot Sauce! Nobody cares.

What was that Radar app for $1.99?!?!

fullsizeoutput_7dba.jpeg
D7Vidkk2Q7mYnGAk4OKjXw.jpg
b2UUTpYiSh+735qqlvj2ig.jpg
eGKsxz5HSA6FGWrGimJ61A.jpg
IMG_0022.JPG
IMG_4397.JPG
fullsizeoutput_8079.jpeg

pavski2

Reaction score
I agree with you until.........

Your friend gets on your boat with sand on their feet... Say, "can I get you a beer?"

If kids are eating Doritos and drinking Gatorade on your boat... enjoy it. Be thankful. The upholstery can be cleaned or replaced.

I feel that you should respect my stuff, wash your feet off before you get in the boat and then I will get you a beer. As far as Doritos and Colored Gatorade (we get the clear stuff) go sit on the swim step and enjoy. I clean it so it's my rules. By the way I have an 18 year old boat that everyone thinks is brand new with almost 700 hours.

I completely agree that your boat will be fixed and enjoyed again, have fun making memories.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
I don't know what happened this weekend but the world is constantly telling you that everything you are not, your life will significantly improve if you care less everything people say.
If your having fun and not causing problems tell everybody to f off. my .02
The photos are great of the kids having fun.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Boating or sitting in the channel shit I left my umbrellas out and ping pong shit happens as long as everybody is safe

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Sorry about your boat. Welcome to RDP. Lots of good people around here, but lots of humor and thick skin to go with it.

I'll be honest:
Sober me says "i would have pulled my boat when the radar turned shitty".
Drunk me around that time of the evening says "im partying and in no condition to go drive and load my boat" - and would probably have been screwed

Look at the bright side - Insurance is gonna pay you out and now you can get an Eliminator or something cool :D

Last edited:

GETBOATS

Reaction score
First post here... Unfortunately, my boat was the Mastercraft featured in the videos and pics of the monsoon at the Nautical.

I'm glad so many Keyboard Legends feel superior to those of us that didn't pull their boat out before the storm.

You are probably hot-saucing your boat on the beach right now instead of hanging with friends. Those water spots from the launch ramp to the beach can be bad. Doesn't your 100mph boat want to go outside the wake zone? I get it the gas is expensive.

Just some suggestions...

If Mother Nature (or a loose houseboat) damages your boat... turn it over to insurance.

But, never forget... the boat is just a tool to make memories. I posted some pics of these amazing toys that bring my family & friends together. Pretty sure the boat will be good as new and we will be back on the water in a few weeks.

Keyboard Legends let me have it... & stop wasting all that Hot Sauce! Nobody cares.

What was that Radar app for $1.99?!?!
You're gonna need a bigger boat, cuz when they grow up they'll want to be with you! Pics are awesome, reminds me of our group fast forward 15 years. keep up the great work Dad!!

propcheck

Reaction score
sorry your boat got damaged by the storm.
But you should try being less judge-mental of others, Maybe some people do not like the sand and Cheeto crumbs getting in their eyes when they do 100 mph across the lake in their DCB's. It is not pretentious it is a health and safety issue.
Oh yeah and welcome to RDP

Heel2Feet

Reaction score
Sorry about your boat. Welcome to RDP. Lots of good people around here, but lots of humor and thick skin to go with it.

I'll be honest:
Sober me says "i would have pulled my boat when the radar turned shitty"
Drunk me at that time of the evening says "im partying and in no condition to go drive and load my boat" - and would probably have been screwed

Look at the bright side - Insurance is gonna pay you out and now you can get an Eliminator or something cool :D

Oh don't worry... I'm going to have a DCB. But, I am more in the rebuilding carburetors on 50s & 65s stage of my life. And enjoying every second of it. There will be plenty of time for me to hot sauce my DCB when the boys move out.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I've been here almost exactly a year...
Two things:
One: Most epic cannonball intro!
Two: At the end of the weekend last year, we were looking for bodies. Some even mourning the loss of friends.

A boat is just another toy. If you have insurance, it may get repaired or replaced. If you don't, just be happy it got beat up, and not wadded up. This will just be another campfire story in a few years.

BTW, us poor folk use vinegar...
Actually, that's BS. I don't even do that anymore. I air dry my crap, from Pirate's to Topock;)

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If your boat was insured, who cares?

You won’t be making any memories or getting sand in the boat while it is in the shop for months getting fixed. So is everyone even?

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
H2F

great pics!! That's what it's all about....

I've been in four monsoons (in a houseboat on the lake in 35 + years... not FUN!!!).. years before DIRT / internet..LOL

I'm glad no one was injured in your group... could of been much worst outcome...

Boats can be fixed....

Keep PLAYING HARD!!!

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
BTW, I thought I was a smart, invincible boater. A monsoon sunk one at the Landing. July 4th 2009 I think, it was after midnight so may have been the 5th. Might have been 2010. I had no trailer (on the other side) and there were no slips available. Anchored outside. Bowriders suck and I still buy them...

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Nice to see all the kids "vested up", but I'm not sure those sports vests meet the CG requirement.... Just saying, make sure they have the CG approved tag in them or it's a fat ticket.. Being safe starts with the kids....
Ray

rrrr

Reaction score
Nice to see all the kids "vested up", but I'm not sure those sports vests meet the CG requirement.... Just saying, make sure they have the CG approved tag in them or it's a fat ticket.. Being safe starts with the kids....
Ray

Those are USCG Type III approved neoprene vests. I'm really pleased all the kids are wearing PFDs. Some parents aren't that responsible.

Heel2Feet

Reaction score
If your boat was insured, who cares?

You won’t be making any memories or getting sand in the boat while it is in the shop for months getting fixed. So is everyone even?

Yup. Definitely bummed... Not going to lie.

We had a hell of a summer. Keep it all in perspective... Its just some fiberglass. More bummed we are back to school.
fullsizeoutput_74ad.jpeg
IMG_0432.JPG
fullsizeoutput_7b9f.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_7b81.jpeg
IMG_E5113.JPG
fullsizeoutput_7f9d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_74ed.jpeg

4Waters

Reaction score
@Heel2Feet looks like you have a great family that does a lot together, lots of good people on here that have the same family values as you. There is also a lot of keyboard cowboys so you need to have thick skin and don't take too much of the shit that's said seriously. Keep doing what you are doing and enjoy the family time. Sorry about the boat but at least it's near the end of the season and no Grads is not a mod. Welcome to the asylum your inmate #24095. Don't be a stranger around here.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I wonder if im a key board legend? I could be.
Sorry about your boat. Leaving it right there in the dock was the best thing.
Who knows the outcome if you tried to get it out of there.

I make my own hot sauce also. Cleanest pontoon in town and i love doritos

Orange Juice

Reaction score
It’s a wake boat. This is just seasonal typical wear and tear.
The good news is it didn’t happen in May.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Hell of a first post. Looks like you have an amazing family and obviously you have your way of doing things. I agree "Tools"/Boats should be used and enjoyed but also they need to be maintained, cleaned, and in good condition for continued use with the family. I don't know what "Keyboard Legends" pissed you off but just as you don't like judgement passed on you don't pass it on to others. I myself will be enjoying my boat this upcoming weekend, not dragging sand inside, I will not be drinking on the water either, and then I will hot sauce it when it is on the trailer every night.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
Looks like you are the cool dad on the street, dirt bikes, boats, jetskis, and horses. Nice work dad!!

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score