WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Zen and the Art of Monsoon Damage...

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out if the OP is Mad coming in here hot, or just has a different sense of humor.

Either way, really sucks about the boat. Only good thing is the main season is over and there will be plenty of time between now and next year to get it fixed.

Heel2Feet

Reaction score
@4Waters Thanks for the post. I gave up being cool a while ago. Ill be ok. Gotta make the wife happy. (I'm careful where I send the rollers). And, when I finally get my DCB, it will be a wide body and the rollers shouldn't matter too much. Right now I can only afford the trailer.

fullsizeoutput_807c.jpeg

River Runnin

Reaction score
Shoot! I left mine in the water, and the Fk'n thing got polished in a few places!! ...And if it wasn't for the rain!...
The Damn thing would never get washed! As far as sand in it!...Wash down pump on! and spray it out! Easy peasy Lemon squeezy!! ;)

2Driver

Reaction score
No one on here didn't cringe seeing your boat or imagine the look on your kids faces when they saw what happened.

To respond to the community with a land bash about everones boating habits wasn't excatly the way to respond to a few off handed post

Seeing what happened to your family I bet most here are willing to to give you a mulligan

Welcome to the boards

Springfield

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out if the OP is Mad coming in here hot, or just has a different sense of humor.

Either way, really sucks about the boat. Only good thing is the main season is over and there will be plenty of time between now and next year to get it fixed.

He did rather kick the door in and then LMAO.......welcome to RDP, great looking family and values, see ya at Desert Storm in your new Eliminator. :)

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Pic of boat...check
Pic of wife....check

Well, Heel2Feet followed the new member rules better than most of you fockers.

Welcome to the madness Sir:cool:. As others have said, there are plenty of others like me with the same mentality as you who have young kids doing the same stuff. We can be friends:D

comfortably numb

Reaction score
@Heel2Feet looks like you have a great family that does a lot together, lots of good people on here that have the same family values as you. There is also a lot of keyboard cowboys so you need to have thick skin and don't take too much of the shit that's said seriously. Keep doing what you are doing and enjoy the family time. Sorry about the boat but at least it's near the end of the season and no Grads is not a mod. Welcome to the asylum your inmate #24095. Don't be a stranger around here.

#24096 fuck your almost a legend

Riley1

Reaction score
I wasn’t so “Zen” when my boat got destroyed at the Nautical 2 years ago. 18k is what the boat took, but my ACL cost a bit more.
We actually bought a timeshare there since, but we never leave the boat in. It’s usually quicker to trailer it than it is to set anchor.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Being boatless I have nothing to add here other than maybe my blueberry pancake recipe.

• 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1+ cup fresh blueberries
  • more butter for the pan
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Mix the milk and vinegar and let it sit for a minute or two (you’re making “buttermilk” here).
  2. Whisk the dry ingredients together. Whisk the egg, milk, and melted butter into the dry ingredients until just combined.
  3. Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Melt a little smear of butter in the pan (essential for giving a yummy golden brown crust).
  4. Pour about 1/3 cup of batter into the hot skillet and spread it flat-like (it will be pretty thick). Arrange a few blueberries on top. Cook until you see little bubbles on top and the edges starting to firm up. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the pancakes are sky-high fluffy and cooked through.
  5. Serve with butter and maple syrup. But honestly, sometimes I just like to eat these plain. YUM, YUM, YUM

Heel2Feet

Reaction score
Is this a test? :D

Just trying to get a ride on a DCB or maybe an eliminator with twin outboards while my boat is getting fixed up. Maybe I’ll go over to the bass fishing forum. Those boats are fast.

Maybe I made some people think about what’s important. Sorry I made Rvrluvr think about pussy. Apparently, he doesn’t like it.

4Waters

Reaction score
Just trying to get a ride on a DCB or maybe an eliminator with twin outboards while my boat is getting fixed up. Maybe I’ll go over to the bass fishing forum. Those boats are fast.

Maybe I made some people think about what’s important. Sorry I made Rvrluvr think about pussy. Apparently, he doesn’t like it.
To he honest it doesn't take much to make him think about pussy, or any of us for that matter.:D

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score

Maybe I made some people think about what’s important.
Make sure when they are doing the repairs to get a good look inside under the front seats in the front most corners of the walkway it did not cause damage to the inside of the hull. Sometimes they cut it close and the top can beat out the bottom in that area. It might just show up as a small spider crack in the gel in that area on the outside/bottom.

Welcome.

JD D05

Reaction score

You know what's important to me? My bote on the trailer covered in hot sauce and no sand inside. Seriously who cares you made a decision or didn't pay attention own it.

Last edited:

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Buy a boat , car , RV anything .
Park it any where treat it like shit .
Screw it its all insured. No reason to worry about shit . Fuck it .
Man I’m doing it all wrong
As long as I am insured they will pay for damages.
Hmmm
Let us know how it turns out .
I need to learn shit

gqchris

Reaction score
Your first mistake was parking that barge in the Nautical “slips”. Thats a rookie move. Everyone and their mother knows that those docks are boat eaters.

Anyways, gotta run. My performance Boat needs a hot sauce spritzing. :)

IMG_1468.jpg

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score

Thats it?? Thats the come back?? Dammit son!!! You come outta the gate hard but go limp quick. Amazed you have so many kids :D:D

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Don't worry.... Its not like you bought a mobile home with an aluminum awning in a monsoon type mistake along the colorado river. At least you had a somewhat reasonable expectation that a slip was the correct place to park a boat.

Last edited:

3.Slow

Reaction score
@Heel2Feet some great pictures you posted, looks like you know how to enjoy quality time with your family. Very unfortunate about your boat, our boat was in the cove at the Nautical and amazing didnt get damaged, we were out there till about 1am moving it and trying to help others. Funny thing about all these radar posts is, I didnt see any "better pull your boat out" threads, or a heads up of the impending storm, but somehow everyone knew it was coming o_O

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I've been going to the river for 20+ years with my own stuff. I have seen monsoons miss me by a couple hundred yards. I've seen them hit north of Needles a few miles, and then watched the wall of "chocolate milk" flow down river. I have also run through them trying to get back home...and that hurts! I think this one was a bit bigger. It may have been worse being on the lake and not the river. I'm not a lake guy...pretty much stay in the gorge and north. Lots of variables down there I am not familiar with.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Sorry to see the damage...that is a really nice boat. We went up to lake yesterday to do some surfing...they had all the docks at Nautical shut down. We left our boat in our docks on the river during the monsoon...with the current the river is pretty flat just moves during a monsoon. Really sux but repairable.. Unless you get out before the monsoon...best to be in a dock. Trying to live through it on a box anchor...would have been worse to the running gear beached...

Groper

Reaction score
Vasectomy.........mic drop.....:eek::)

CoronaChris

Reaction score
sorry i think its called respect for your toys. i work very hard for our families toys and take great pride my boat. its not a high ticket item boat but i sure do keep it clean. i guess that goes for all my toys. #1 always have fun but at the same time keep it clean throughout the day, well maintained, while still enjoying family and friends. nothing wrong with that.

we camp a lot at park moabi, tried leaving my boat in the water a few times and could not sleep worrying about it all night. pull my boat out except when we stay at the london bridge resort. wonder if any boats ever get damaged at those docks due to monsoons?

to each your own, keep your stuff spotless or thrash it, at the end of the day it's yours to deal with.
sucks about your boat and all the others that got hammered, never would want that to happen to anyone. thankful nobody got hurt, those sudden storms are amazing.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I must have missed the keyboard legend posts that triggered that first post.

Looks like you have a great life and are having a blast. Don’t let a few guys get under your skin who ever they are or were.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Your friend is an asshole if he can't rinse his feet before getting in. Dcb, bayliner, whatever. Don't be a dipshit bringing sand in the boat.

And that is why your boat is in the condition it is in, and this guy's boat is thrashed to fuck. :p

To the OP, bummer about your boat, but if you come in here giving guys shit that take a lot of pride in their belongings and treat them with respect, prepare to take the rash of shit that will be handed out.

I learned when i was a child and my old man told a full grown adult, "I don't come into your living and step all over your sofa, don't step on my seats." And 30+ years later all those boats still looking and operating in pristine condition, because every day they were used, they were respected first and foremost. You can treat your stuff nice and still enjoy it, you don't have to act like a savage to have fun on the water.

Last edited:

JD D05

Reaction score
Lots of really nice people here. A few ornery bastards. Not sure what group I fit in?!? Glad to have sparked some good BS. Cheers guys. I might even stick around to give you overly Hot-Sauced fellas some shit.

Stay! This place is great. And if you see me at Powell walk over and start whipping my boat.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Some pulled their boats out of the water, some beached and some slipped the boat... What about me? I went off shoreline into about 25 -30 feet of water, threw out a Delta anchor on 25 feet of chain plus an additional 75 feet of anchor line and rode the storm out in the cabin... Just like I have done dozens of times.

JD D05

Reaction score
Some pulled their boats out of the water, some beached and some slipped the boat... What about me? I went off shoreline into about 25 -30 feet of water, threw out a Delta anchor on 25 feet of chain plus an additional 75 feet of anchor line and rode the storm out in the cabin... Just like I have done dozens of times.

You badass

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
sorry i think its called respect for your toys. i work very hard for our families toys and take great pride my boat. its not a high ticket item boat but i sure do keep it clean. i guess that goes for all my toys. #1 always have fun but at the same time keep it clean throughout the day, well maintained, while still enjoying family and friends. nothing wrong with that.

we camp a lot at park moabi, tried leaving my boat in the water a few times and could not sleep worrying about it all night. pull my boat out except when we stay at the london bridge resort. wonder if any boats ever get damaged at those docks due to monsoons?

to each your own, keep your stuff spotless or thrash it, at the end of the day it's yours to deal with.
sucks about your boat and all the others that got hammered, never would want that to happen to anyone. thankful nobody got hurt, those sudden storms are amazing.
I doubt he didn't work hard for his stuff. I totally get his point as I tend to be somewhat like that too.
I buy things to use them, then clean and care for them when done. I do not need it to be spotless all day long, I'd rather lounge in the water with my friends over constantly wiping off the boat with a LAM posture.

JD D05

Reaction score
I doubt he didn't work hard for his stuff. I totally get his point as I tend to be somewhat like that too.
I buy things to use them, then clean and care for them when done. I do not need it to be spotless all day long, I'd rather lounge in the water with my friends over constantly wiping off the boat with a LAM posture.

I use to be bad but I have relaxed about stuff when I am out. But I hate a dirty windshield and if the shitapples drop pringles or whatever I have to pick it up before it gets smashed into everything.