WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu MVD not good

TCHB

Reaction score
over an hour wait. They removed all the chairs and you have stand with a number. Total BS!

TCHB

Reaction score
Yesterday line was out the door.

TCHB

Reaction score
Strange thing is there is only about 20 people here, one line. They call it streamlining.

franky

Reaction score
Used to be a better system before. They could have at least left the fricken chairs. They are supposed to be making things even “better” soon. You will be mailed your titles, plates etc.

You really need to pick when you go there.

It is still 10x better than CA DMV.

sirbob

Reaction score
Why take out the chairs?

Are they trying to discourage people from coming?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Yes, much worse than their prior setup. I asked and was told the state mandated that they make the change. It was suppose to provide better service. It Doesn't.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If there are no chairs in the waiting area now, is that where the Docktagon is going?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It used to be so fast? Is this just from the influx of new residents or?

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
over an hour wait. They removed all the chairs and you have stand with a number. Total BS!

They did the same thing in Bullhead. I asked the lady at MVD why and she said it came from head quarters in Phoenix because people are so wrapped up in there phones and not paying attention to the number being called that it caused delays. It makes sense to after she told me that you see it all the time in everyday life now. The me me it’s all about me people this day and age ruin it for everybody.

TCHB

Reaction score
A guy waited in line for one hour and had no number. They would not help him. He said you better help me. They finally helped him. He was yelling why do I have to stand in line with a number. She said that is the new rules. BS

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
Parker has a MVD office. This one time, I waited 7 minutes [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
I only waited a few minutes. Make an appointment if you don’t like waiting. Usually they are only a day out or less. Also if you fill out all forms online you print out a barcode and go to the kiosk and it’s pretty fast.

TCHB

Reaction score
I only waited a few minutes. Make an appointment if you don’t like waiting. Usually they are only a day out or less. Also if you fill out all forms online you print out a barcode and go to the kiosk and it’s pretty fast.
They do not take appointments for Registration and car transfers.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
I was wondering why California DMV had gotten better lately, looks like all the employees that jumped ship ended up at MVD.:D
Meanwhile the current wait time at a NorCal DMV for a non-appointment is::D
Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 2.11.55 PM.png

Andy B.

Reaction score
Was testing for my CDL(written) at the Donavan office here in Vegas only waited about 30 minutes not bad.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
They do not take appointments for Registration and car transfers.
Right but for other services if you complete the forms online and you can pretty much skip the line with the kiosk. You still have to see a rep but it pretty much puts you in front.

WYRD

Reaction score
Sounds like someone left the door open and CA DMV made its way over

DLC

Reaction score
So if you made your customers stand instead of sitting while they wait in line to give you money, I wonder how long you would stay in business ....

Thank god for the government!! I wonder how we could get along with out it.

TCHB

Reaction score
So if you made your customers stand instead of sitting while they wait in line to give you money, I wonder how long you would stay in business ....

Thank god for the government!! I wonder how we could get along with out it.
I always say bureaucrats win.
Yes the seats are gone.
Everyone gets a number and yes you have to stand in line unless you are handicapped.

Consultants called the streamlining the process for clarity.

TCHB

Reaction score
what happened was they were closed for a week and just opened back up yesterday...
Yes they all had to go to training so they closed the place for a week.

DLC

Reaction score
It would
Be funny if someone rented folding chairs in the parking lot

Set up a chair kiosk!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Yes they all had to go to training so they closed the place for a week.
So, you knew that, then ran down there the first day they opened after a week of being closed???? then came on here and reported how horrible it was.....LOL... what did you think was going to happen????

2Driver

Reaction score
And the answer by the Liberals is to replicate this model into all facets of our of lives.

So an elderly person coming in when its 110 out needs to stand for an hour so they won’t use their phone? WTF
You can’t use your phone and stand? So what if people missed being called, go get a new number that will teach them. The problem solving decisions made by these government drones is simply mind numbing.

cakemoto

Reaction score
My local Phoenix location did same thing about 6 months ago.number and no chairs

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
So, you knew that, then ran down there the first day they opened after a week of being closed???? then came on here and reported how horrible it was.....LOL... what did you think was going to happen????

You're making too much sense :p

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
My wife went last week, closed. Went yesterday at 8:10 AM, registration transfer from out West, was done in 20 minutes. I love this state!

TCHB

Reaction score
Today is Wednesday. Yes I expected not to have to stand in line for a over a hour with a number. I can stand for hours but not a lot of older people with bad body parts. Not good.

At least bring the chairs back.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Bullhead office...Camp chair and coffee on their porch @ 7:30am.. First in line, in/out 17 minutes... That was an owner transfer & registration, and license re new....
Ray

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Treat it like a cell phone store and get drunk in front of the employees. Bring your own cooler and chair and have a good time with it!

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Does Havasu not have a 3rd party office? I gladly pay the extra $25 fee and walk in and out in about 5 minutes. Only thing I haven't been able to do at the third party places is get a specific plate type. But I just go home after the paperwork is done and order the new plate through servicearizona. It arrives a week or two later in my mailbox.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Does Havasu not have a 3rd party office? I gladly pay the extra $25 fee and walk in and out in about 5 minutes. Only thing I haven't been able to do at the third party places is get a specific plate type. But I just go home after the paperwork is done and order the new plate through servicearizona. It arrives a week or two later in my mailbox.

You can’t order custom plates at the MVD here anymore. They ask you to do it online

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Shhhhhhhh!
He's pulling a "Parker is Closed" trick;):D

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
Absolutely zero wait at Parker MVD right now. Maybe Parker is closed [emoji41][emoji41][emoji23]

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Absolutely zero wait at Parker MVD right now. Maybe Parker is closed [emoji41][emoji41][emoji23]

That's because they can't or won't handle most transactions anymore at Parker MVD. ( Dec. 2018 ) My last two boat trailers I started at Parker MVD and ended up registering one in Havasu and it took 3 plus hours with a level 2 inspection required by Parker MVD. Made a appointment for inspection in Havasu. The level 2 inspector laughed and said I did not need a level 2 inspection, but he signed off and I went back into the Havasu office to wait in line. Then the Havasu MVD employee did not accept the notarized title and the level 2 inspection and made me go to an insurance company and pay $ 125.00 for a title bond. ( along with everyone else trying to register a trailer that day. State Farm had a good day as 5 of us were all getting title bonds at the same time ) Then back to Havasu MVD with bond in hand wait almost an hour to register a simple Ellis boat trailer.
Forward to June 2019, same issue at Parker MVD, and they flag in the computer I need a level 2 inspection on my trailer under my new to me Howard. Havasu only has level 2 inspections by appointment once a month, as the inspector comes from Kingman. I drove to Kingman, same inspector as before ( super cool guy ) waived the inspection, went into the Kingman office and registered the trailer without a hitch.
My neighbor in Parker had same issue, Parker MVD flagged trailer for level 2 inspection. He drove to Blythe, paid the sales tax on used trailer and registered it in Calif. Trailer title now in his name, and next year he is going to transfer it to AZ.
Could be why there is Zero wait at Parker MVD right now.