WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gaffrig controls in havasu?

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
Ran into an issue with the new boat the other weekend. For some reason the starboard outboard does not register any trim, and won’t move down. Port side works like a champ, quick and smooth.

Tried to trouble shoot for a few hours, but the boats a little new to us. We think a starting point could be the trim switch itself. Anyone know of any places in havasu that would stock the switch and the wiring attached to it? Gaffrig has been zero help.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Ran into an issue with the new boat the other weekend. For some reason the starboard outboard does not register any trim, and won’t move down. Port side works like a champ, quick and smooth.

Tried to trouble shoot for a few hours, but the boats a little new to us. We think a starting point could be the trim switch itself. Anyone know of any places in havasu that would stock the switch and the wiring attached to it? Gaffrig has been zero help.

What’s the switch look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
What’s the switch look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_5110.jpg

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
1) is there confirmed power to switch?
2) switch the switch with known good one - does it fix the problem ? (Good switch being the side that is working like a champ)

Good luck

spectras only

Reaction score
I have the same controls in my boat. The wires from the switch are very small gauge to be able routing it through the throttle lever.You can see back of the switches by unscrewing the two small screw and back plate removed and see if the soldering let go. If it looks good, you would have to remove the entire shift/throttle control assembly to further investigate more wiring harness soldering joints . The wires from the throttle lever are delicate, and sometimes they break.