WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Red Flag Laws

BONER

Reaction score
The beginning of the end, Folks. If these get passed, we're all done. It will no longer be ok to carry a Gun in The United States of America, which will no longer make it, The United States of America.

Before anybody calls me TinFoil Hat, I'm not saying they're gonna kick in doors and confiscate. I'm saying when Red Flag Laws go Live, anybody who sees you with a Firearm has the Platform to report you because they're offended. THEN, you will get your door kicked in and your shit jacked.

If you support these Laws, you really need to educate yourself, because this is the Infringement the radical Gun Kids have been talking about since the 80's. Red Flag Laws are the small Snowball leaving the top of the Mountain.

Discuss.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
upload_2019-9-6_10-0-20.jpeg

BONER

Reaction score
Fucking DT let this happen too. He's becoming a Turncoat just like that Dickhead, Crenshaw.

He fucking promised, "The Assault on the 2nd Ammendment is over". Lol, ya ok great job Guy.

RodnJen

Reaction score
The beginning of the end, Folks. If these get passed, we're all done. It will no longer be ok to carry a Gun in The United States of America, which will no longer make it, The United States of America.

Before anybody calls me TinFoil Hat, I'm not saying they're gonna kick in doors and confiscate. I'm saying when Red Flag Laws go Live, anybody who sees you with a Firearm has the Platform to report you because they're offended. THEN, you will get your door kicked in and your shit jacked.

If you support these Laws, you really need to educate yourself, because this is the Infringement the radical Gun Kids have been talking about since the 80's. Red Flag Laws are the small Snowball leaving the top of the Mountain.

Discuss.

How do you feel about families petitioning for the encarceration of someone who can’t manage themselves, mental illness, etc?

I think it’s fascinating that Jerry Brown vetoed more restrictions in 2016.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
The problem with most if not all red flag type laws is there is no due process for the accused to present a defense BEFORE the confiscation ruling is issued. Many times the accused is not even aware of the accusation when the ruling is issued.
That is counter to all America stands for - be it guns or any other freedom.

RodnJen

Reaction score
The problem with most if not all red flag type laws is there is no due process for the accused to present a defense BEFORE the confiscation ruling is issued. Many times the accused is not even aware of the accusation when the ruling is issued.

Agreed, due process is key. How do families or law enforcement avoid due process in cases of protective custody?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Step 1. Label NRA a terrorist organization

Step2. Label all members terrorists

Step3. Red-flag all those ID’d as terrorists, and confiscate their guns

Prove me wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BONER

Reaction score
How do you feel about families petitioning for the encarceration of someone who can’t manage themselves, mental illness, etc?

I think it’s fascinating that Jerry Brown vetoed more restrictions in 2016.

Incarceration for what?

BONER

Reaction score
From what I've been hearing the hold up on these passing these in AZ, is they're trying to implement Consequences for false Accusations.

BONER

Reaction score

Yep. Snowball.

BONER

Reaction score
Being a danger to themselves or others.

Not sure I'm following....

Are you asking me if somebody is mentally incapable of taking care of themselves, if they should be locked up? In Jail? In a Facility that's equipped for this kinda thing? What??...

500bbc

Reaction score

Are you asking me if somebody is mentally incapable of taking care of themselves, if they should be locked up? In Jail? In a Facility that's equipped for this kinda thing? What??...
He thinks it's compassionate for the mentally ill and hardcore drug addicts to die in their own filth in the streets while subjecting honest hardworking Americans to unfettered crime, pestilence and disease.

He likes wallowing in human feces and used hypodermic needles.

RodnJen

Reaction score

Yes exactly.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Rod, in cases of protective custody ( if we are talking the same terms here) there is a complaint, usually the police arrive to assess the complaint and then, if the evidence is present, takes action. All the while, the person accused has the opportunity to act civil/ rational and avoid action by the state. Much different than the restraining orders/ red flag laws.

Re mental health, it was the ACLU in Reagan’s time that severely hindered the govt ability to force treatment/ housing for those who arguably need it. So, let’s revisit that

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I just stocked up on tin foil for all the hats I'm about to start selling.

500bbc

Reaction score
Can Antifa and Black Panthers? How about Planned Parenthood employees?

This is a serious rabbit hole your party is going down and can come back to bite you in the ass in a big way.
Planned parenthood doesn't need guns to run their abattoirs.

BONER

Reaction score
Can Antifa and Black Panthers? How about Planned Parenthood employees?

This is a serious rabbit hole your party is going down and can come back to bite you in the ass in a big way.

Remember what happened when they tried to disarm us the first time? Our Ancestors told them to get fucked and showed em exactly why we need Guns.

Alot of People say History repeats itself......................

BONER

Reaction score
Planned parenthood doesn't need guns to run their abattoirs.

Proof that Guns aren't needed for Murder!

They want a Platform to be offended by Guns but also want to make newborn Abortion ok. What in the fuck? Do they even know what the fuck they're saying anymore?!

BONER

Reaction score
Of course democrats can purchase guns, is this a trick question?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Lmao

ItsI fuckin' true! Nothing pissed the Democrats off more than us taking their Slaves away....

BONER

Reaction score
Side Note:

Not sure me sitting at a Bar typing in P&G is the best way to start a weekend....

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Side Note:

Not sure me sitting at a Bar typing in P&G is the best way to start a weekend....
Best way, actually.

6 shots in, you'll be as smart as a liberal. 12 shots in, you'll reach Saucer plateau, at 15 you get into FraudPa territory when you just cut and paste.

Let 'er rip, tater chip. [emoji16]

BONER

Reaction score
Best way, actually.

6 shots in, you'll be as smart as a liberal. 12 shots in, you'll reach Saucer plateau, at 15 you get into FraudPa territory when you just cut and paste.

Cut the Kids loose to Grandma in Tucson couple hours ago. Old Lady is getting her Box waxed because I'm gonna try and kill it the next 2 days while we hang out in a Hotel Room.

Not even Democrats or Red Flag Laws are gonna fuck this weekend up. :)

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Cut the Kids loose to Grandma in Tucson couple hours ago. Old Lady is getting her Box waxed because I'm gonna try and kill it the next 2 days while we hang out in a Hotel Room.

Nice! [emoji48][emoji868][emoji869][emoji1696][emoji108]

That's a weekend plan!

Enjoy, and be safe out there.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

Discuss.

for discussion....

What about the kid taking Paxil that writes on facebook he wants to murder everyone in his class that then goes and buys a gun?

How should we treat a guy who announces on social media, or elswhere his intent to kill in writing?

Or records on his ex wife's voice mail that he's going to come over and kill the whole family?

How about the neighbor slowly descending into, and diagnosed with dementia you see walking around the neighborhood in circles talking to himself carrying a gun?

UD

Last edited:

500bbc

Reaction score
for discussion....

What about the kid taking Paxil that writes on facebook he wants to murder everyone in his class that then goes and buys a gun?

How should we treat a guy who announces on social media, or elswhere his intent to kill in writing?

Or records on his ex wife's voice mail that he's going to come over and kill the whole family?

How about the neighbor slowly descending into, and diagnosed with dementia you see walking around the neighborhood in circles talking to himself carrying a gun?

UD

All those scenarios warrant further interaction with mental health care personnel and LE.

They are not the 150 million honest, stable citizens in this country.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
All those scenarios warrant further interaction with mental health care personnel and LE.

They are not 150 million honest, stable citizens in this country.

Completely agreed-

3rd party incrimination cant really be allowed to happen - or it becomes a gun grab.

UD

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
for discussion....

UD

those are all pretty much covered with laws on the books today, right?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
those are all pretty much covered with laws on the books today, right?

Nope.

Right now people can (and do) do these things then go shoot up places.

Sometime a parent will call the cops and nothing gets done. Last serial killer (forgot him) apprently his mom called the cops.

NOt cop hating here - just pointing out they often don't get to choose.

This all ties into another thread about obligation to protect.

If you want to have a real discussion about changing gun laws the obligation to protect policy has to be the first place to start.

Dave

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Nope.

Right now people can (and do) do these things then go shoot up places.

Sometime a parent will call the cops and nothing gets done. Last serial killer (forgot him) apprently his mom called the cops.

NOt cop hating here - just pointing out they often don't get to choose.

This all ties into another thread about obligation to protect.

If you want to have a real discussion about changing gun laws the obligation to protect policy has to be the first place to start.

Dave
so except for the last one, they are actually saying they are going to commit a crime. seems that its already an issue. the last one, where the guy is outside, its a tough call. The conversation, if you use these four examples is not compelling to take guns from millions of safe people to save a few. If thats the case they also should not have access to cars, knives, fertilizer, bulldozers, etc. Crazy fuckers are crazy, and they will use whatever they can get their hands on. Now, if enough non-crazy people are armed, they take down the last guy after his first shot. The other three examples, come on, call the fucking authorities as they are making threats. regardless of whether they have a gun or not...

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
so except for the last one, they are actually saying they are going to commit a crime. seems that its already an issue. the last one, where the guy is outside, its a tough call. The conversation, if you use these four examples is not compelling to take guns from millions of safe people to save a few. If thats the case they also should not have access to cars, knives, fertilizer, bulldozers, etc. Crazy fuckers are crazy, and they will use whatever they can get their hands on. Now, if enough non-crazy people are armed, they take down the last guy after his first shot. The other three examples, come on, call the fucking authorities as they are making threats. regardless of whether they have a gun or not...

Correct - lots of these serial killers make statement and post that shit up

-I think we're aligned -

At the point which a guy / gal self incriminates either by stupidity , or out of intended malice I see a red flag MAYBE the right thing to do.

- I never tried to make a case to take guns away from "millions" even in this scenario-

Im debating that every variation of a red flag law isn't a terrible idea.
Especially when teh guy is ranting about wanting to kill a schoolfull of kids and his parents call the cops and say hes nuts.

You think we may want to stop this particular guy from buying weapons?

Never ever tied to make a point that crazies won't move on to the next thing (see london knife crime) - but if I can take a gun away from them it makes it a lot harder. Perhaps at some point maybe you take away an elderly persons car.
Like the guy that drove the thre farmer market in santa monica.

On the last one - the cops will come, but often by the time they get there the guy is back in the house - then they cant/wont often take the gun. Now what do you do?

Uncle Dave

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
For those that call an ex and threaten the family there is a newer, not new, but newer law about "Terrorist Threats" that will result in JAIL without bail... During the arrest I'm sure any weapons would be confiscated as evidence.. It takes a judge to release a person arrested on this charge, and the judge can/may require a 5150 exam and follow up from there... But, let's say the guy is nuts, what do we do with him??
Ray

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Correct - lots of these serial killers make statement and post that shit up

-I think we're aligned -

At the point which a guy / gal self incriminates either by stupidity , or out of intended malice I see a red flag MAYBE the right thing to do.

- I never tried to make a case to take guns away from "millions" even in this scenario-

Im debating that every variation of a red flag law isn't a terrible idea.
Especially when teh guy is ranting about wanting to kill a schoolfull of kids and his parents call the cops and say hes nuts.

You think we may want to stop this particular guy from buying weapons?

Never ever tied to make a point that crazies won't move on to the next thing (see london knife crime) - but if I can take a gun away from them it makes it a lot harder. Perhaps at some point maybe you take away an elderly persons car.
Like the guy that drove the thre farmer market in santa monica.

On the last one - the cops will come, but often by the time they get there the guy is back in the house - then they cant/wont often take the gun. Now what do you do?

Uncle Dave

"...
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

To take this back a few steps, i think you are talking about amending the constitution with red flag laws.

As well, the common point of your four examples was a person made overt actions that a reasonable person could assume about to happen. Those were about PEOPLE. A logical inference, or even a test, with your example set is to substitute various things that could harm people, instead of guns, so that the true logic of your examples is clear. In all cases, the gun is not the problem, the perp is the problem. As well, in all of those cases, if everyone of the people the perp wanted to hurt had a gun its highly unlikely the perp would act. Right? Unless the goal of the perp was suicide, which is the most common gun death.

While you may not have tried to make that point in your mind, your examples clearly made it for us, and in my mind makes the attempt to find that slippery slope the most dangerous of all.

And the definition of regulated, "The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it."

Fix the crazy people, not remove the personal protection part. Arm everyone and the problem goes away. period.

I think thats the answer.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
The perp is always the problem.

Where is the line where you/we disarm the perp?

If the perp announces he is going to shoot up a school - to my mind he crossed a line at which he forfeits his weapons.
He no longer is protecting himself but threatening violence outward. (and is unstable enough to announce intent)

It sounds to me like your solution is to arm every student instead of disarming the perp.

UD

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score

Puttin' the ol' screen name to use, eh???????:eek::D

saucedaddy

Reaction score
61CB4E6E-1C09-4427-9C35-B7E552F9D5C6.jpeg
Best way, actually.

saucedaddy

Reaction score

Boner, speaking of waxing pussies. Can 94 get a 2fer deal with the wife? 94’s box needs a major manicure! The word on the street is that 94 would let you pull a 3 way if you helped her out with a proper waxing!:D