WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nordic 35SS Twin 450 getting wet. TODAY !

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Bully, how much difference would you notice running the 400Rs in the cooler winter air? These 450s should wake up as well.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Iron merc bbc with a bravo is around 1100 lbs fully dressed. Alumn heads ain’t getting you any where near 720 lbs
Aluminum heads, intake, tubular headers.......I think you could get close in N/A trim

hallett21

Reaction score
Every build that is brand-new with new power has a complete learning curve. I remember all of my different projects over the years. Always and adventure....thats the fun part.
And then when you do something no one else has ever done that's the dessert with ice cream.

I'm extremely happy how the first splash went. Two guys hundred gallons of fuel . Freaking ugly miserable hot shitty humid air....yuck :D

Next test sesión will be early AM.

Pretty damn cool to watch you build these things. Saw you running the 28 2-3 weeks ago. My brother and his buddies had their jaws on the floor when you passed us at the mouth of the river [emoji1303][emoji1303].

I imagine Merc likes to be a part of your setup since you seem to be the poster child of getting every last MPH out of their stock motor. That and you actually run your boats.

Wishing you all the success on this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Aluminum heads, intake, tubular headers.......I think you could get close in N/A trim
Fuel systems
Ignition
Closed circuit cooling system
Power steering
Oil coolers

Not gonna happen at all. You know all the shit you need to make it run that bench racer forgers is needed in weight totals lol

Tom Slick

Reaction score
I'm sure that this has been asked and answered before, but I'm curious what the cost of the 400R and new 450 are?

Beautiful new boat. Congratulations!

hallett21

Reaction score
I'm sure that this has been asked and answered before, but I'm curious what the cost of the 400R and new 450 are?

Beautiful new boat. Congratulations!

Jaco Marine shows them being about 15k difference. I believe that’s literally motor only though. Rigging, controls, etc are extra.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Fuel systems
Ignition
Closed circuit cooling system
Power steering
Oil coolers

Not gonna happen at all. You know all the shit you need to make it run that bench racer forgers is needed in weight totals lol
Oh you assumed I was running all that? Maybe I was running a mag, no alternator, no PS, raw water cooled, and a big ass set of fucking zoomies. Bench race that shit!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Oh you assumed I was running all that? Maybe I was running a mag, no alternator, no PS, raw water cooled, and a big ass set of fucking zoomies. Bench race that shit!
I was refering to the powerhead itself. Meaning a BBC on it's own is approaching the weight of the 450 assembly. I think that's where wires may have gotten to be crossed? I only know weights of V8 motors from springing cars. The only outdrive I've messed with is an Alpha...and just that upper and lower were pretty heavy.
In my defense, to date my motor building and racing has been with wheels. Going fast on water seems to be exponentially more expensive:eek:

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
D0C3C935-BB4D-4086-AA82-EEC8892D3E1E.jpeg
C751AF54-367C-4712-9E86-636DB0FA6154.jpeg

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Brian as in....whatthehellyoutalkinbout?

Sorry, DA PACKER GAME IS ON....

May have had a couple adult bevvys.....

You're Jerry, you're brother is Brian?.....

:eek:

I know it bugs the hell outta me when folks mix up my brother and I....

:D

Not the diminutive "masheenist".......

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Did the Nordic get scaled with or without power? It looks massive on the trailer, but super sleek and light at mach 5 going by the camera:cool:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

Wouldn't it be easy to tell you and your brother apart?...You're the one with a beverage in your hand, or in a boat:)

Headless hula

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easy to tell you and your brother apart?...You're the one with a beverage in your hand, or in a boat:)
It would.... my brother doesnt drink.....
Ever.

Not sure why, he just doesnt.

Also, he doesn't boat.

Let's get back to the new Nordic, and the all new power plant....
I'll place my bucks on Saturday morning having some legit #'s, but you wont read about it till Saturday afternoon.
Most folks that care will be out on the water, and will read the results on Saturday night.

Just my opinion of the events to come of course.....;)....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It would.... my brother doesnt drink.....
Ever.

Not sure why, he just doesnt.

Also, he doesn't boat.

Let's get back to the new Nordic, and the all new power plant....
I'll place my bucks on Saturday morning having some legit #'s, but you wont read about it till Saturday afternoon.
Most folks that care will be out on the water, and will read the results on Saturday night.

Just my opinion of the events to come of course.....;)....
If a certain large boat with twin 450's should happen to head up river...I will report back;)
I always look when I hear the distinctive sound of twins hauling ass!

Headless hula

Reaction score
If a certain large boat with twin 450's should happen to head up river...I will report back;)
I always look when I hear the distinctive sound of twins hauling ass!
You'll know EXACTLY what it is when and IF you hear it. The song they sing is quite distinctive....

However, that being said, I doubt they'll make it that far up river. Too much to get done to venture that far.....

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Back to the monkeyswrench question...was the Nordic put on a scale pre-rigging and post?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

Yea I’m Jerry lol
My brother is Bigbhova

dntnosht

Reaction score
That’s a damn good looking truck, great looking boat as well. I’m expecting to hear 124 when merc is out.
Why would you expect 124 when its 115 degrees and humid?? Won't even get close to that number until its in the 80s

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It should be mid to high 80's if they can get it launched early AM like Bully was saying. That should help. Another set of props should help too. I don't know if that and a few hundred more rpm will net a 24mph gain, but should definitely gain some regardless.
Why would you expect 124 when its 115 degrees and humid?? Won't even get close to that number until its in the 80s

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Yes it will
I’m sure it’s obviously not a real comparison right now as the set-up isn’t par yet, however after having seat time in the 35 w/ 400’s and the little you ran this one so far, can you give any actual opinion on the 450 being worth the $$,$$$ differences not yet?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I’m sure it’s obviously not a real comparison right now as the set-up isn’t par yet, however after having seat time in the 35 w/ 400’s and the little you ran this one so far, can you give any actual opinion on the 450 being worth the $$,$$$ differences not yet?
I think we need side by side arial video:D

HCP3

Reaction score
No, he just works his ass off and has fun!
I was trying to have a little fun. Red Bull Air Races. Bullhead Bully... I wasn't questioning his work ethic.

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
I was trying to have a little fun. Red Bull Air Races. Bullhead Bully... I wasn't questioning his work ethic.

Well, that went right over my head. Now I get it

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see this thing in Powell! I can’t remember feeling more humidity then I felt at sunrise this morning in Havasu. I know it’s not the conditions you guys were after but I hope you guys can get the setup nailed down [emoji1303]

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I saw you cruise through the channel, looking good.