WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bad Costco/Sams club decisions....

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Anybody ever make a stupid impulse buy at these stores? I was out of soap and saw they had a giant thing of Irish Spring bars for like $6.69. I don’t typically use Irish spring but thought that was a hell of a deal so I grabbed it. I opened the plastic at home to get a bar and was immediately hit in the face with the smell of this stuff. Holy shit is it strong but I figure it will air out. Two days later my wife is telling me I gotta do something with this soap because the entire second floor of the house smells like Irish spring. So now I’m trying to figure what to do with the remaining 19 bars of soap. I offered my 10 year old son a bar and he just looked at me and said “you bought way too much soap”.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I bought the peanut butter once . After 2 months of eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I through away the remaining half !

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
Anybody ever make a stupid impulse buy at these stores? I was out of soap and saw they had a giant thing of Irish Spring bars for like $6.69. I don’t typically use Irish spring but thought that was a hell of a deal so I grabbed it. I opened the plastic at home to get a bar and was immediately hit in the face with the smell of this stuff. Holy shit is it strong but I figure it will air out. Two days later my wife is telling me I gotta do something with this soap because the entire second floor of the house smells like Irish spring. So now I’m trying to figure what to do with the remaining 19 bars of soap. I offered my 10 year old son a bar and he just looked at me and said “you bought way too much soap”.
They will take it back and refund your money

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score

Only soap I use. :D

91F0D085-8A03-4FE4-942C-417AE1168817.jpeg

Carrera205

Reaction score
Just hold onto it until next time you go and return it then.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Not what but how much. I opened my mouth once and rold my wife to get ANYTHING she wanted. I was thinking a nice prime rib or frozen food. Did you guys know they sold I-pads? It hurt bad but not as much as 50 years of hearing "You said anything.

Last edited:

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I saw that same end cap the other day. Called the wife and asked if we needed more. We still have nine bars left from the previous purchase. :D

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Don’t you guys know bar soap is the leading cause of soap scum and dirty showers? You need to switch to liquid soap. I can’t stand a dirty shower. I forbid bar soap in our house...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

c_land

Reaction score
Costco has the most bitchin packs of microfibers. It’s like $14 for a 30 pack and they are big. I get a pack every time I go because I’m afraid they will quit making them. I probably have 300 micro fiber rags

gqchris

Reaction score
Costco has the most bitchin packs of microfibers. It’s like $14 for a 30 pack and they are big. I get a pack every time I go because I’m afraid they will quit making them. I probably have 300 micro fiber rags

Yup same here. Two packs every time. Great quality. Although they started putting tags on each one, but they are easy to rip off.

Universal Elements

Reaction score

Use it for rats or mice. They hate that stuff and will stay way from it. Cut a bar in halves and put it wherever you don’t want them. Unlike poison it won’t kill your dogs/cats. I put some in our high end cars that are in the garage just to make sure they don’t like the tasty wiring.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Use it for rats or mice. They hate that stuff and will stay way from it. Cut a bar in halves and put it wherever you don’t want them. Unlike poison it won’t kill your dogs/cats. I put some in our high end cars that are in the garage just to make sure they don’t like the tasty wiring.
Drier sheets like Bounce work good in engine compartments.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Put a bar of that soap(in its box) under your kitchen trash can liner.
You're welcome. :cool:

This, or any other place you'd like to smell better than it normally does....I like the car idea too, especially under the hood of vehicles that aren't driven every day.. My 2nd bathroom is hardly ever used and I have to remember to run water into the "traps" in the pipes. A closed box of I/S under the sink helps a lot to keep the room smelling a little fresher for the occasional guest use....
Ray

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
They put it under hoods out here where I live to keep mice away, guess the don't like the smell ether.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
When Price Club/Costco first opened I used to tease my wife about buying a 50lb bag of chocolate chip cookies over there. They really didn't have them. But if they did, she would have been all over it.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Nothing is worth the time have you seen the return line at Costco? Out the door and around the corner every time I have been there.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Not what but how much. I opened my mouth once and rold my wife to get ANYTHING she wanted. I was thinking a nice prime rib or frozen food. Did you guys know they sold I-pads? It hurt bad but not as much as 50 years of hearing "You said anything.

How did you keep her from shopping in the jewelry case?! They've got super spendy baubles there. You got away lucky!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Las Vegas Hilton/International use to put Cashmere Bouquet soap bars in it's all rooms and the entire hotel smelled like it. Unique smell I liked.
I put it in the house bathrooms sinks and showers and at the kitchen sink. The wife collected it and it all went into the trash with my old Spice BOderant, shampoo and shaving cream,, and the Fabuloso liquid floor mopping cleaning soap.

"The house smells like those brothels you and Bildoe brag about"

The COSTCO Irish spring has survive the cut so far. Pine Sol is back on the cleaning gear shelf.

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
When my son was a baby my sister also had a baby
Our wives sent us to costco to get diapers.
We came home with beer, whiskey tequila and 2 mopeds. They were like 800 each.
That was funny for us pulling in the driveway. Nobody else saw the humor

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Irish spring green tears me up. I use the blue.
Teams buy that bulk protein powder.
The wife and daughter team up and split it out at Costco.

sczagurs

Reaction score
Irish spring made a body wash with mint in it and the only place I could find it was at the LHC Walmart. That stuff was amazing!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Interesting. I’ve actually wondered how much help or hurt Irish Spring does for my psoriasis issue.

I was a dial user for many years. It cuts oil right out of the skin and it’s my opinion that it hurt my skin over the years.
The fishing boats I’ve been on years back supplied Irish spring and it’s some harsh shit as well.

Try some Dove for sensitive skin if you have skin issues like I do.

Any scented or stripping soap fucks my skin up.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I think irish Spring has a longer shelf life than Twinkies. :D
Had a 2 week Powell trip. Bought some decent cuts to take for the duration. Froze them and tried to keep them fresh even in late Sept. powell weather.
I don't know if I won or lost on the deals, but chucking the last roast was painful. :(

707dog

Reaction score
drop a few bars off at your local shelter quick way to knock the load down... been using irish spring since high school other bars seem to not make me feel so...FRESH

BajaMike

Reaction score

Keep the Irish Spring. Cockroaches, ants and mice and rats hate it. Slice it up and put it in your garage, pantry, kitchen floor and bathroom under the sink and anywhere you think you have pests.

Have you ever had rats or mice eat up your wiring in a car or boat.....put some Irish Spring around.

It works!