WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RIP Kieth Moon

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
My Wife. Favorite Who song. And the drumming is fantastic. Must be played at 11.

rrrr

Reaction score
Wild bastard but a great drummer.

old rigger

Reaction score
He left 41 years ago.

You could destroy the drums and destroy the hotel rooms.... World class drummer.

When I saw your thread I knew it must be the anniversary of his death but I wasn't ready for 41 years.

Always got a kick out how he liked surf music and wanted to be a Beach Boy, that and he bought a cemetery for John Entwistle for his birthday once. I bet it was fun to hang with that guy although it probably would have killed me even in my prime.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Saw the Who in concert 2 years ago and Keith Moons replacement is John Bonum's son, former drummer of Led Zeppelin. Ass kicking drummer!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I read this and first thought “oh shit Kieth Richards died!?” Lol

Kieth moon was a bad ass drummer for sure. My favorite who song is “water”. Not a popular song but it’s a favorite for me.

Live at the Isle of Wight 1970:

rrrr

Reaction score
Saw the Who in concert 2 years ago and Keith Moons replacement is John Bonum's son, former drummer of Led Zeppelin. Ass kicking drummer!

Jason Bonham is a cool cat. He has played with Led Zeppelin many times.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Jason Bonum, wearing a Derby Hat, played the drums at Kennedy Center for the Led Zep tribute. "Heart" did "Stairway To Heaven" and Ann Wilson brought the house down... If you've never seen it, search it and watch it... Better than Led Zep's performances... IMO....
Ray

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Jason Bonum, wearing a Derby Hat, played the drums at Kennedy Center for the Led Zep tribute. "Heart" did "Stairway To Heaven" and Ann Wilson brought the house down... If you've never seen it, search it and watch it... Better than Led Zep's performances... IMO....
Ray

John Bonham Moby Dick Dick Dick Dick. If you own and love The Song Remains the Same. Good drumming.

rrrr

Reaction score
Ray

Shane Fontayne played smoking hot lead guitar in that performance, and it's really cool seeing Jimmy Page's reaction. Shane is a Brit too, he and Page are longtime friends. That video clip is one of my favorites, it brings back memories of all the stuff I've done over 50 years while listening to LZ.

The first one is 1969 New Year's Eve, I was 12, listening to Led Zeppelin II while building a Revell model of Don Prudhomme's dragster. It had been released two months earlier, and is one of the best rock and roll albums of all time.

Last edited: