WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Remote Boats

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Was talking to the wife yesterday while sitting in the gorge about getting my lil homie a little RC boat, 10 minutes later a couple pulled up next to us and the busted out with their son a little RC boat and was too funny. It seemed to run great for the little dudes, but my curiosity is do any of you have any as well any reviews before i jump and buy my dude one?
The couple yesterday had the Altair AA Aqua Fast and it seemed damn cool for the money. Would’ve already bought but only shows in red and ...... but if it’s only available in red and no better suggestions well we will get it.
Altair AA Aqua Fast RC Remote Control Boat for Pools & Lakes, Unique CSP Child Safe Propeller System for Kids, Self Righting, Water Cooled, 2 Batteries, 30 km/h Speed, 2.4Ghz, (Lincoln, NE Company) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MYB96Z5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pBuDDb1F7SW29

Your ad here

Reaction score
Go electric and just pass on a nitro powered or 2 stroke. I spent more time crying than driving a traxxas nitro v because the thing was a piece of shit. I had a 55 Shockwave with a zenoah engine. Was fun for what it was but still a shitload of work. Engine ended up loosing main bearings and the whole thing went in the trash.

4Waters

Reaction score
I bought my son this and he loves it, it's a lot of fun. I'm deciding on what boat I'm going to get myself, a V or a Cat.

PRB08015_a3.jpeg

stealthwake-23inch-deepv-brushed-rtr14482.jpg

thumb-a17.jpg

thumb-a1.jpg

https://www.horizonhobby.com/boats/electric-boats/stealthwake-rtr-23-inch-brushed-deep-v-prb08015

attitude

Reaction score
Proboat makes a couple of self righting boats that seem like they would work really well at the river when the water isn’t glass, that aren’t $70 but you get what you pay for...

sczagurs

Reaction score
Was talking to the wife yesterday while sitting in the gorge about getting my lil homie a little RC boat, 10 minutes later a couple pulled up next to us and the busted out with their son a little RC boat and was too funny. It seemed to run great for the little dudes, but my curiosity is do any of you have any as well any reviews before i jump and buy my dude one?
The couple yesterday had the Altair AA Aqua Fast and it seemed damn cool for the money. Would’ve already bought but only shows in red and ...... but if it’s only available in red and no better suggestions well we will get it.
Altair AA Aqua Fast RC Remote Control Boat for Pools & Lakes, Unique CSP Child Safe Propeller System for Kids, Self Righting, Water Cooled, 2 Batteries, 30 km/h Speed, 2.4Ghz, (Lincoln, NE Company) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MYB96Z5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pBuDDb1F7SW29

I have the boat you posted in the link, I picked It up when it was on sale for 40 and it came with an additional battery. Works great and is pretty quick.

fishfyter

Reaction score
The UDI Venom is not bad for the money. We run 5 at a time doing demolition derby and they have survived 3 seasons.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Fuck Nitro boats...like has been posted, I picked up a nitro Vee....it went like this:

Get POS started, put cover on, carry to water..POS dies. remove cover, restart POS, put cover back on, POS dies. Remove cover, restart POS, grab cover, POS is now overheated and locks up. Wait 10 minutes, try again, start POS, put cover on, get pOS in water, run 300 ft upriver and turn to come back...POS dies in middle of river. Use battery run it back to the beach, grab POS outta the water, grab radio, stand and all support crap and throw in dumpster.

I got one of those cheap $25 amazon boats and a few spare batteries...was badass and way more fun.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
The UDI Venom is not bad for the money. We run 5 at a time doing demolition derby and they have survived 3 seasons.
We have 2 of the Venoms and they are awesome. Kids love them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Go electric and just pass on a nitro powered or 2 stroke. I spent more time crying than driving a traxxas nitro v because the thing was a piece of shit. I had a 55 Shockwave with a zenoah engine. Was fun for what it was but still a shitload of work. Engine ended up loosing main bearings and the whole thing went in the trash.
Yea my boy is 4 I’m looking at the 100$ max range for now. Something toddler-8 year old.
This SOB in outa control, this one was replaced by the Miss Geico. 65mph and sounds bitchen.

Yes that’s one i want, but for me not him lol.

4Waters

Reaction score
Yea my boy is 4 I’m looking at the 100$ max range for now. Something toddler-8 year old.

Yes that’s one i want, but for me not him lol.
The stealthwake is what I bought for my 8yo son, it's about 25mph and you can pull the throttle back until he gets used to it and turn it up, you can buy a 2s lipo for you and it will go about 40.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I have the boat you posted in the link, I picked It up when it was on sale for 40 and it came with an additional battery. Works great and is pretty quick.
That’s the one we watched the lil dude rip with. He was 6 and the boat worked awesome for him, just wanted to see if anyone else had experience with boats in this category preferably good experience

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Wasn't there a guy on here that built replicas of your personal boat? It'd be pretty sweet if you had an option for an RC version of your own lake rod.

sczagurs

Reaction score
That’s the one we watched the lil dude rip with. He was 6 and the boat worked awesome for him, just wanted to see if anyone else had experience with boats in this category preferably good experience

Worth the money and it’s a great starter platform. I would add extra silicone where the two bodies meet.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Fuck Nitro boats...like has been posted, I picked up a nitro Vee....it went like this:

Get POS started, put cover on, carry to water..POS dies. remove cover, restart POS, put cover back on, POS dies. Remove cover, restart POS, grab cover, POS is now overheated and locks up. Wait 10 minutes, try again, start POS, put cover on, get pOS in water, run 300 ft upriver and turn to come back...POS dies in middle of river. Use battery run it back to the beach, grab POS outta the water, grab radio, stand and all support crap and throw in dumpster.

I got one of those cheap $25 amazon boats and a few spare batteries...was badass and way more fun.

A healthy properly tuned nitro engine won't do that.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I bought my son the Traxxas blast. It’s ok but my boys got bored with it after using it about 12 times. I think we are going to sell it and get something faster.

Your ad here

Reaction score
A healthy properly tuned nitro engine won't do that.
In a rc boat it fucking sucked. You couldn't even get enough time on the water to determine what needed adjusting beside throwing it in the dumpster. Like said above, bought a $25 4 AA battery boat from walmart and had a lot of fun with it. It even ran underwater!

Your ad here

Reaction score
I've been looking at these modern day RC boats today. What are the parts availability on the Pro Boat and Traxxas brands? I would be going electric. If anyone knows of a Schiada remote controlled boat with a triple axle trailer send me the link. I have a budget of about $6K for the Schiada.

4Waters

Reaction score
I've been looking at these modern day RC boats today. What are the parts availability on the Pro Boat and Traxxas brands? I would be going electric. If anyone knows of a Schiada remote controlled boat with a triple axle trailer send me the link. I have a budget of about $6K for the Schiada.

Parts are pretty available from pro boat, the only problem is when the discontinue them they stop making the hulls. Most of the other stuff is interchangeable from cat hull to cat hull and V to V in, so if you break the hull and it's not made anymore get a replacement hull aprox same size of the new boat and swap your stuff over.

Rotten deal

Reaction score
Traxxus cat is fun but check out oxideanmarine.com

guest hs

Reaction score
If you want the best in fast electric rc boats? This is the company. Oxidean would be second

Attachments

• DD13C941-8C5A-4D1B-B157-1422AA4FEB0F.png
    DD13C941-8C5A-4D1B-B157-1422AA4FEB0F.png
    431.7 KB · Views: 162

floatn turd

Reaction score
I had a few.
You can get out of control with spending moola on these things, if you ain't careful.
The 8s Motley Crew I built was the fastest crap I've seen with my own eyes.
But I never used it so consequently I sold it and lost a bunch of money.............. Damnit:mad:

DSC04448.JPG

DSC04328.JPG
DSC04334.JPG

fishfyter

Reaction score
Are you saying that they surveyed head on and or side hits at speed ?
Yes. Hitting from the side at speed, they only do about 15mph and head on they just deflect each other. I doubt it would weel running full speed into a rock.

Mikes56

Reaction score
You will need a good battery charger too. The charge times for the 4S and 6S battery's will take forever if you don't have a good charger. Be VERY careful with the Lipo battery's. The initial investigation into the dive boat that caught fire is that a Lipo battery was charging and started the fire.

Charge them outside and keep an eye on them during the charging process. If you have several battery's, build a cement bunker for them out of cement blocks. Use that bunker for charging and storing the battery's.

4Waters

Reaction score
You will need a good battery charger too. The charge times for the 4S and 6S battery's will take forever if you don't have a good charger. Be VERY careful with the Lipo battery's. The initial investigation into the dive boat that caught fire is that a Lipo battery was charging and started the fire.

Charge them outside and keep an eye on them during the charging process. If you have several battery's, build a cement bunker for them out of cement blocks. Use that bunker for charging and storing the battery's.
You can charge them in these as well, but yes be very careful while charging any battery especially lipo batteries.

lipo-safe-bag.jpg

cakemoto

Reaction score

The batteries they were talking about were lithium ion not lithium polymer. Do some research next time before just post up some random answer

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Looks like an aeromarine hull? I have a aeromarine 44 with a QuickDraw and tuned pipe. It runs a solid 68, which was pretty fast 10 years ago when I built it.
Yep it's a aeromarine , with Zenoah G62 Engine that's been worked on . Good eye

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Is run time of 5 to 6 minutes, and 3 hours of charging pretty typical of these?

No they will charge much quicker and last longer. If it does not come with a quick charger, buy one.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Just like anything, pros and cons to both.

Agreed I would not want to mess with fuel on the boat, or tinker with it while hanging out on the beach. I’d just buy more batteries and another charger to get more runtime out of the boat.

And I’m a nitro guy...
2CBE0C61-60E1-43CD-9630-8BCB1A98EC9B.jpeg

Last edited: