WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nordic 35SS Twin 450 getting wet. TODAY !

prorider

Reaction score
Apples and oranges comparing the two hulls. I'm going to say that this hull is more user friendly and will run away and hide from the DCB when conditions get anywhere near challenging.

Wow, not likely. Some people drink too much koolaide.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I have no skin in the game...big boats are not my forte.
I am pretty much assuming the DCB and the Nordic are the first kids out west playing with the 450's. They are both within their infancy in figuring out what works and doesn't work given new power curves. Prop pitch as well as placement comes into play, and those are different given the two manufacturers' hull designs. Big water, small water, these are the first couple, and only in their first few weeks. I'd say check back in a month. Better yet, wait until there are two similarly setup boats, and see what does what.

Either way, competition drives innovation...should be fun to watch.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
No Koolaide needed...strictly an observation of the sponson designs and tunnel depths...and of course some size benefits as well.
:D:D:D
If someone were to toss me the keys to both, I will be more than happy to report back my findings!

...And I'll supply Koolaide for everyone!

lenmann

Reaction score
I have absofrickunlutely NO idea what you are talking about. This 35 Nordic is a true tunnel wave crusher. The 33 DCB is a center pod beautiful cat. They are VERY different boats. You can ask Tony at DCB how different these 2 hulls are.

The part about the hull designs is true, but it's unlikely that Tony will reply to this thread. That being the case, how should the un-enlightened among us be thinking about the differences between a true tunnel and a pod hull given comparable power packages?

I am fascinated by the pace of technology advance taking place before our eyes in real time, its pretty damn cool. That said I find I am lacking some fundamental understanding of the hull design choices and their impact on how a boat drives and the performance it delivers.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
The part about the hull designs is true, but it's unlikely that Tony will reply to this thread. That being the case, how should the un-enlightened among us be thinking about the differences between a true tunnel and a pod hull given comparable power packages?

I am fascinated by the pace of technology advance taking place before our eyes in real time, its pretty damn cool. That said I find I am lacking some fundamental understanding of the hull design choices and their impact on how a boat drives and the performance it delivers.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

I agree with you. Please check the new thread in lounge.
Back to this awesome 450R 35 Nordic please.

TCHB

Reaction score
It is not the top speed on smooth water! It is how they handle in boat traffic and washer machine choppy water. During Desert Storm I could really see the boats that handle the crap water. A 36DW cruised by us at 115 plus in crap water with traffic.

I was with SJP and a Eliminator came up next to us about 80mph and tried to pass. SJP put the throttles down and walked away from this guy because the DW handle the crap water like it was not there. The 28 E boat was getting bounced around.

I sure BB will know the difference with the new bigger boat. You know BB will get the most of the his new toy. Now back to golf.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Bully seemed VERY happy with the 35 Nordic 400R package we ran out to the Golden Gate in a month ago. It was a very tame day so it didn't get tested much. I was lucky enough to ride in that same 35 for the entire Big Cat poker run & it absolutely squashed cruiser wakes & some garbage washing machine water in a few spots. Great boat

530RL

Reaction score
Do you have a chute?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Cirrus models have CAPS (Cirrus Airframe Parachute System). Even the Vision jet.

They are required to have a chute as they are unrecoverable from a spin within the required parameters necessary for certification of aircraft under CFR 23.221

Great aircraft if you want fast for the money.

Last edited:

TCHB

Reaction score
All Cirrus models have CAPS (Cirrus Airframe Parachute System). Even the Vision jet.

They are required to have a chute as they are unrecoverable from a spin within the required parameters necessary for certification of aircraft under CFR 23.221

Great aircraft if you want fast for the money.
Very nice plane. I know where the handle is.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Safe travels to everyone headed to Page, I'm jealous. Rumor has it there will be a few twin outboard boats running to Halls Crossing & back tomorrow.