WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE CONFLICT!!!!!!!!

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
So, my Son...(technically stepson) got recruited to play division 3 football...

(No scholarship).

His first home game is Saturday.....

LETS GO POINTERS!!!!!!

(Guess my Fall boating is restricted to Sunday's, or holy shit that's too far away game days)..

Full disclosure...
Hes a freshman, and didn't make the traveling team....

The first game was in OHIO.....
next away game is North Dakota.....:eek:....

We'll be tailgating on Saturday. The EX, her boyfriend, my Daughter, myself, poptart, and maybe my folks. We're there for Tyler. :D

Nothing else matters. :cool:

GO POINTERS!!!!!!

The "not so yuuuuuge conflict, is that I'm giving up precious boating weather to go go watch by boy play BOBBY BOUCHER FOOOSBALLL!!!!.:p:cool::p:cool:

as much as I live and die for boating, I'm incredibly proud of this kid making it to the collegiate level.
32454.jpeg

This is him in 3rd grade.....o_O

Holy shit. I'm an old man.....

Headless hula

Reaction score
That's better than boating!

And I fucking love boating!
Ya know....
From being one of his coaches when he was in 3rd grade to seeing the grown ass man he's become, it's been quite the humbling experience.

I'm still fucking off like an asshole, and he's got his program somewhat dialed.....

22432.jpeg

"Had a beer with DAD on the boat this summer" pic.....

Tooned Up

Reaction score
I’ve put boating on the back burner for the next.... well many years to let my kids pursue their dreams with sports. The lake will always be there, but this time in their lives won’t. As much as I truly love being on the water, cheering on my girls at a cheer competition or my son at a baseball tournament is a feeling like no other. I think your making the right call. My hats off to you!

Headless hula

Reaction score
I’ve put boating on the back burner for the next.... well many years to let my kids pursue their dreams with sports. The lake will always be there, but this time in their lives won’t. As much as I truly love being on the water, cheering on my girls at a cheer competition or my son at a baseball tournament is a feeling like no other. I think your making the right call. My hats off to you!
Never in a million years have I thought he would make it this far! The credit is due to him and his perseverance for his Love of the Game and his Hustle!

4Waters

Reaction score
Yup, my son has his 3 game of the season (1-1) on Saturday cuts into my boating as well (we just get to the lake later) but that's ok, I'm defensive coordinator and our defense is strong and I enjoy my time on the field with the boy's, oh and girl, (she already has taken 2 boys out of the game, one of them was that teams best player).

Headless hula

Reaction score
Yup, my son has his 3 game of the season (1-1) on Saturday cuts into my boating as well (we just get to the lake later) but that's ok, I'm defensive coordinator and our defense is strong and I enjoy my time on the field with the boy's, oh and girl, (she already has taken 2 boys out of the game, one of them was that teams best player).
We had a couple different girls on our Pop Warner teams through a few years. Those chicks are tough!

Headless hula

Reaction score
Can you drag the boat to the away games, and boat on Sunday?
I am quite certain that there isn't any decent boating in North Dakota unless I am chasing Mallards to have for dinner.....

All of the games are scheduled for 1 or 2 p.m. on Saturdays....
Doesnt matter. I'm going to watch my kid play ball. :cool:

Tractorsdontfloat

Reaction score
Loved watching that kid play ball! Got a bike trip scheduled for this weekend or I’d come watch. We gotta make a game soon. Do ya know when he plays RF?

Spudsbud

Reaction score
You got your priorities straight Dad.
Good for you.
Go Pointers!
Take lotsa pix. Its over before you blink!

BasilHayden

Reaction score
F
Never in a million years have I thought he would make it this far! The credit is due to him and his perseverance for his Love of the Game and his Hustle!
First thought, wonder where the hustle comes from, hmm seem to remember someone amazing us all with a winter home rebound that would have kicked most everyone’s ass
Well done Pop

Headless hula

Reaction score
F

First thought, wonder where the hustle comes from, hmm seem to remember someone amazing us all with a winter home rebound that would have kicked most everyone’s ass
Well done Pop
I wear one of the shirts you sent at least once a week.

#palomar solar!!!

Singleton

Reaction score
Priorities sounds correct to me.
Would not except anything less from you :)
We need more parents around like you. Almost all RDP parents I meet are solid, need non RDP parents to follow those examples

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Once again you show your true character, my hats off to you and my koozie tips to you, for knowing what's important in life!! @Headless hula .. Boating is life, but materialistic, your kids are the most important thing and every journey with them is something you will never have the chance to experience again, live in the moment!!! Congrats pops!! It is something I sometimes wish I would have experienced, but my nieces and nephews will do!!!

HBCraig

Reaction score

Same here. I now only boat for the first 2 weeks in August

Both kids are in sports (softball and baseball). I wouldn't change it. My daughter has had a few D1 schools invite her for a visit. It's pretty cool.

110% the right decision Hula

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Once again you show your true character, my hats off to you and my koozie tips to you, for knowing what's important in life!! @Headless hula .. Boating is life, but materialistic, your kids are the most important thing and every journey with them is something you will never have the chance to experience again, live in the moment!!! Congrats pops!! It is something I sometimes wish I would have experienced, but my nieces and nephews will do!!!

This!

And congrats!!!

DB / HAV

Reaction score
So cool! I always say “ you’ll never look back and regret the time you spent with your kids”. Way to go dad!!

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Prety cool hula. College ball is a huge accomplishment. We have soccer and ballet this morning i know what you mean about conflict as i turned down a catalina run today...

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Good to see that you you had a good day with he family!!

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
Dang dude, the picture of him alone he looked smaller. In real life he towers over you! Way to go, looks like a great day!

Headless hula

Reaction score
15684983047608510504588492756624.jpg

Well, I'll be.....
I guess there is boating after a football game. :cool::D

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
Way kewl man. Something got in my eyes today as I went to my daughter's cross country meet and she hit a personal record by three minutes!!